What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 7: Post TFC Show

M2Dave

Zoning Master
i love how m2dave hasn't heard of KDZ.
he was known as a great fgc player before any of these guys in the pod cast were even known of.
he has got 2nd at evo before in sc4.
he has been a competitive player in numerous fighting for a long time, way before any of the guys on the pod cast knew what it was to compete at an fgc event.
infact none of you were known before mk9 even came out.
pod cast was very one sided and biased, just because someone didnt play mk9 or cared about the game doesn't mean they should be stigmatised.
What are you talking about, fool? Nobody is being "stigmatized". Everybody gave credit to KDZ for winning.

Besides, this community's players are not well-known outside of this community and nobody is butt hurt about it as you apparently are.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Catwoman can b+3 under many highs and mids. It's a low hitting super evasive move. It's not a Nightwing problem. I also never said Catwoman vs. Nightwing is a 5-5 matchup.

You're preaching to the choir...remember how salty I got when Adam's b2 kept going under CW's b3? lol first world problems of opponents of small hit-box characters I guess.

haketh

Noob
Catwoman B3 going under things isn't a problem at all, it's actually an interesting tool that should stay. And I don't know, some mids whiffing on certain hitboxes isn't this terrible thing, for the most part, don't mind some carrying a bit of risk. But ones like Nightwing's MB Stafff Spin being duckable is pretty dumb.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today: KDZ should come to the next tournament decked out in the NWO gear, he is the villain that this community craves (whether it needs one or not is an entire different issue)

Abbneto

God's only man, spared by the Butcher.
I'm just gonna dress up as Batman and start delivering vigilante street justice.

LEGEND

YES!
btw Electric arrows don't do any more chip than Fire arrows (0.7%)

you use them because they are the fastest arrow, and you can land a 50/50 with them from a much greater range. So if someone only has that 5-10% left on a health bar they can't just sit back and turtle

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
People need to stop downplaying Sinestro

Edit: i strongly disagree with MMH beating Sinestro
Sinestro is a solid character but he has his problems (and yea I think MMH is 4-6 at worst). Dave's point was that he was the worst character in top 8 and if you think about it, that's probably true. The only character is definitely worse is Harley. GA is debatable.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Sinestro is a solid character but he has his problems (and yea I think MMH is 4-6 at worst). Dave's point was that he was the worst character in top 8 and if you think about it, that's probably true. The only character is definitely worse is Harley. GA is debatable.
he has problems until he gets trait..... that seems pretty fair

considering when he has trait.... he can just go ham

LEGEND

YES!
ofc Sinestro is no Black Adam, Batman, or Superman. But calling him the worst in a top 8 with GA and Harley is pushing it

Green Arrow and Harley are good characters, but they have way more bad MUs than Sinestro does

M2Dave

Zoning Master
ofc Sinestro is no Black Adam, Batman, or Superman. But calling him the worst in a top 8 with GA and Harley is pushing it

Green Arrow and Harley are good characters, but they have way more bad MUs than Sinestro does
I might have gone a little too far.

But Sinestro has the "mid range problem". He is no top tier character in this version of the game. The match ups in which he can build trait, he is very powerful, though.

I think P2W and WoundCowboy make the character look better than he really is.

LEGEND

YES!
I might have gone a little too far.

But Sinestro has the "mid range problem". He is no top tier character in this version of the game. The match ups in which he can build trait, he is very powerful, though.

I think P2W and WoundCowboy make the character look better than he really is.
there are only 4-5 MUs where he has both the "dead zone" problem and can't safely build trait though.

He is actually better than he appears right now. There are plenty of things that Cowboy does that P2W doesn't do, plenty of things i do that neither does, plenty of things P2W does that neither me or cowboy does. . .you get the picture.

There isn't a complete Sinestro yet

with the nerfs to top tier and more development of the character, i would be surprised if he ended up top 5. And there is no doubt he is/will be top 10

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
You do kow it's totally possible for a player to make a character look better than they are and continually place well? Look at Dieminion.

What is stopping anyone from playing Sinestro like WoundCowboy? Years of practice playing shitty 4-6s and 3-7s as Shang? Sure. Maybe. Cowboy is an incredible fighting game player, but he isn't making Sinestro's 9frame projectile come out in 4frames.

Look at Top 8. Pay 2 Win got mopped up by Rico's Aquaman. It's a 3-7 for Sinestro. Rico really didn't have to work and Pay 2 Win's inexperience got the better of him. Miserable MU. Turn it around, Cowboy made Rico look foolish to be counter picking like that. That MU isn't any easier for Sinestro, Cowboy simply came prepared.

Your opinion of the character may be better, but I think statements like this detract from the accolades of the person pushing the buttons.

Edit: Realized I called Top 8, "Grand Finals." Whoops.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
is the footage of top 8 at tfc archived anywhere? I've yet to see it.back on topic,great show as always guys.

haketh

Noob
What is stopping anyone from playing Sinestro like WoundCowboy? Years of practice playing shitty 4-6s and 3-7s as Shang? Sure. Maybe. Cowboy is an incredible fighting game player, but he isn't making Sinestro's 9frame projectile come out in 4frames.

Look at Top 8. Pay 2 Win got mopped up by Rico's Aquaman. It's a 3-7 for Sinestro. Rico really didn't have to work and Pay 2 Win's inexperience got the better of him. Miserable MU. Turn it around, Cowboy made Rico look foolish to be counter picking like that. That MU isn't any easier for Sinestro, Cowboy simply came prepared.

Your opinion of the character may be better, but I think statements like this detract from the accolades of the person pushing the buttons.
We're saying the same things, I just phrased shit bad lol. I was sayinga players skill can overcome a characters weakness even in horrible MUs, people just get so caught up on seeing characters do well when controlled by a great player they think the character is better than it is. You should roll by Gamecenter this weekend for the last event, it's gonna be 24 hrs. We can probably even run a side tournament.