What's new

Kryptonite Academy Episode 2 - Raven Tutorial Basic and Advanced Tactics

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I agree that her normals and strings are kinda bad. That's why the only buff I mentioned was a b12 buff.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Blind_Man can you go into detail how you like to fight Grundy and Batman?
Grundy mu I haven't played against a Grundy like tyrants since I went to wnf and I know I wouldn't be playing exactly the same so I'm not sure how I'd play it right now.

Against Batman I like to stay at Max soul crush range as much as possible. Be in demon stance as much as possible because it really fucks with him. If he jumps & glides it will avoid soul crush so you have to wait a bit for him to drop. When his trait is out its possible to reflect all of them but if he thinks you'll do that he can use his grapple gun to beat it. And if you mb, grapple beats it. Batarangs always get reflected. Ravens j2 will beat Batmans usually. Soul crush can't be punish to hard outside of batmans stubby as normals range but he can easily punish lift if within that range.

Jackal904 because reflect is a great way to bait out stuff that can be whiff punished or punished on block and it would be a safe option to cancel strings into that could mess with your opponents heads.

Sprint

Noob
^ You can also use j1 for a ghetto instant overhead after a blocked jump-in. You can't combo off it at all, and it's punishable on block and whiff. Pretty useless.
(edit: bah, kabelfritz mentioned it before me and I didn't see it because I didn't refresh the page)

You can do the same thing with j2 if you make them block a j3 within a few frames of you landing, and you can combo off that with 1,1, db2. Unfortunately there's only about 10 characters tall enough, wide enough, and with a slow enough crouching animation for it to work consistently. Oddly, Raven herself is one of them.

p.s. in the corner, late blocked jf.3 > neutral j.2 works on everyone except catwoman and batgirl (with varying consistency depending on character height)

The hall of justice intractable setup, I think she can get max damage of 60 percent in demon mode all bars. I posted it back in the combos forum a long time ago. I always picked the hall of justice at a tournament just for that. I wasn't sure sure if anyone else knew about that.

Edit: oh yea and great vid btw. I love raven but I was never that great with her. I took a break for a while and now Im really feeling zatana. But I will still invest time in raven because she's the only other character I enjoy using.

Blind_Man
1.Don't you think 33% with out meter is worth it ??

2.Also i tend to use her super in situation when i wouldn't have time for get the armour on b/f 3.
I also for jump in that come form the front.

3. B3 can be used to set up a safe b12 that can only be back dash out of armours /supered.

4. I use f2 when they wake up and cancel to ffmb. It stop a lot of wake ups.

Blind_Ducky

Blind_Man
1.Don't you think 33% with out meter is worth it ??

2.Also i tend to use her super in situation when i wouldn't have time for get the armour on b/f 3.
I also for jump in that come form the front.

3. B3 can be used to set up a safe b12 that can only be back dash out of armours /supered.

4. I use f2 when they wake up and cancel to ffmb. It stop a lot of wake ups.
She builds meter so fast that there is no reason not to just use it. I'd rather save the meter from her super with the exception of a couple rare situations. I forgot to mention b3 is +11 on block and gives a free block string. I don't see how f2 can beat wake ups. Sounds like suicide and you can't cancel a special into a mb b3/f3.

She builds meter so fast that there is no reason not to just use it. I'd rather save the meter from her super with the exception of a couple rare situations. I forgot to mention b3 is +11 on block and gives a free block string. I don't see how f2 can beat wake ups. Sounds like suicide and you can't cancel a special into a mb b3/f3.
In certain match ups having that meter for a push block can save you.

With f2 to ffmb on wake ups work F2 hits twice so it has a better chance a beating some wake ups plus the cancel to the mb over head gives her meter plus 1 more hit and armour.
I don't really use it often because of the amount of meter though. But it works on most wake ups as far as i could tell.

Nice vid btw taught me some things.

Blind_Ducky

In certain match ups having that meter for a push block can save you.

With f2 to ffmb on wake ups work F2 hits twice so it has a better chance a beating some wake ups plus the cancel to the mb over head gives her meter plus 1 more hit and armour.
I don't really use it often because of the amount of meter though. But it works on most wake ups as far as i could tell.

Nice vid btw taught me some things.
I'm almost never in a situation where I don't have meter for pushblock. I'd rather not use f2 to mbf3. Just mbf3 the wake up.

I'm almost never in a situation where I don't have meter for pushblock. I'd rather not use f2 to mbf3. Just mbf3 the wake up.
The f2 would be more of a bait than anything. But i guess that would cost less..And the f2 to mb b3 does work on moves faster than 8 frames depending when you do it .....

I end up push block a lot vs nightwing it can be hard to get him out your face when he has the staff.....If you don't push block him enough Nightwing cna chip her out pretty easy.

Sami

Noob
Care to elaborate on this one?
Was posted in the Raven match-up discussion thread. Basically, jump 2 followed by 3 (in air when jump 2 at standing head height), hold forward.

• Teleport Punch: jump 2 will either wiff completely as Scorp has a lowered hitbox during the start-up, meaning 3 won't come out. Alternatively, jump 2 will hit the invincible lowered hit box after you've input 3 (inputting 3 at head height is critical here), meaning the 3 input is lost and won't come out.Holding forwards turns into holding backwards (Scorp switches screen sides), thus you end up blocking the punch standing for a full punish. I don't know with the changed MB version if she can punish it, but she is still safe.
  • Flip Kick: jump 2 wiffs, Flip Kick wiffs (the arc goes under you). You land first. As jump 2 wiffed, 3 doesn't come out. Stop holding forward (now backward due to the screen side swap) and fully punish the flip kick.
  • Slide: Exactly the same as flip kick. Can punish with Soul Crush MB into full combo when he's standing up.
  • Hellfire: jump 2 hits, which causes 3 to come out. Release forward and cancel 3 into lift MB. 3 lasts so long that it's extremely easy to hit confirm it into lift.
  • Spear: Same as Hellfire
  • Any normal: Unless you're doing a late jump-in which can be d2'ed, you'll win and full combo punish.
  • Super: Wake-up super will start before you're at the correct height to input 3. The jump 2 will hit the armour, but just don't input 3 after and you'll land in time to block the super.
  • Failed block: Same as Hellfire/Spear. Jump 2 hits into full combo.
  • Successful block: jump 2 hits, 3 (both hits) hit, and the length of the 3 animation means you can see it was blocked thus you do not cancel it into lift. You end the animation for 3 at +0. If you're in demon stance you might be able to cancel 3 into grab or pillar, but I don't know if there will be a gap in there (both will leave you safe).
The option select works by (ab)using how air normals link. If you do a jump 1 or jump 2 and hit the opponent (blocks, armour and invincibility all count as hits for this), while in the air you can input any normal (might include specials) and have that move come out the moment you land. However, if jump 1/2 miss in the air, the second move won't come out when you land. Likewise, if you input the second move before jump 1/2 hits, that input will be lost.

With Raven vs. Scorpion, you do the jump 2 and then input the 3 at a height when the jump 2 *should* have hit a standing Scorpion. If the 2 did hit, 3 comes out. If the 2 hasn't hit by then, the 3 won't come out leaving you safe on landing to block/punish whatever special he did to cause 2 to miss.

This only works when using one of Raven's combo enders which set up a cross-up attack (f2~db2, f22u1, etc). If you try and do it further away then the timing gets all fucked and flip kick will knock you out of the air.