What's new

krypt is rigged. not so random as you think

ive opened chests with around 2mil koins. got some skins.
then suddenly the skins stopped dropping
ive spent another 1mil coins, not a single skin is being recieved, all i get are recipies and tower items.
spent 500k to repelnish chests
went into the shang throne room with the 25k chests, only crap is coming out of those like 1x character painting or an augment. dont waste your coins on those chests !

but, if i open the 100 souls stuff ill get skins.

so they are all locked behind other paywalls

I think I opened almost all soul “chests” and there’s still many krypt skins that I need to get. If you respawn 100 chests probably only 3 are going to have skins or gear inside.

leoj89

Noob
I think I opened almost all soul “chests” and there’s still many krypt skins that I need to get. If you respawn 100 chests probably only 3 are going to have skins or gear inside.
fastest way to get souls besides survial or endless ?

ive opened chests with around 2mil koins. got some skins.
then suddenly the skins stopped dropping
ive spent another 1mil coins, not a single skin is being recieved, all i get are recipies and tower items.
spent 500k to repelnish chests
went into the shang throne room with the 25k chests, only crap is coming out of those like 1x character painting or an augment. dont waste your coins on those chests !

but, if i open the 100 souls stuff ill get skins.

so they are all locked behind other paywalls
I thought some skins were only available via AI battle and Towers of Time?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
You know what’s weird? Your koin count, etc are saved in your online inventory. I still had my skins in customs but my koins and such said 0 until I installed the patch. It’s not a big deal it’s just weird design. Why would you do that?

Espio

Kokomo
85% of the items I got in Shang Tsung's throne room were gear, skins, brutals and intros. I only got a couple in there that weren't those A-1 items so I think saying it's flat out rigged is a little bit less than candid/honest. The more skins you have unlocked the less likely you are to get skins because there is a set amount of skins in the Krypt. Others are in towers of time or AI Battle and so forth. It's basic math/deduction.

kantboy-2

Ripper
The chests in Shang’s throne room are static and they’re all intros, outros, gear, etc., so you’re smoking some good stuff my friend.
He's not smoking anything. I never got Jaqui's chest inside Shang's throne room and 3 of the chests just gave me augments.

You don’t get all krypt skins when you open all the chests in the krypt and I can confirm that.

I still need to get 10 Jade skins that are locked in the krypt (in the character customization you can see where you can get the skin)

The krypt endgame grind is REAL.

You don’t get all krypt skins when you open all the chests in the krypt and I can confirm that.

I still need to get 10 Jade skins that are locked in the krypt (in the character customization you can see where you can get the skin)

The krypt endgame grind is REAL.
Yeah, when I saw had the option to close the Krypts again, I had the feeling everything couldn't be unlocked by opening them just once.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
He's not smoking anything. I never got Jaqui's chest inside Shang's throne room and 3 of the chests just gave me augments.
Really, did you open all the doors in the throne room? Cause I saw some dude in a video open the chest left of the throne when you walk in and it had Casie stuff, I did it and got the same Cassie stuff. I saw him open the Jax chest, and I did the same and got the same loot as well. Some chests are filled with augments yes.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Derek and Tyler said that the chest contents were hand picked. They never said if and how many times we're going to have to respawn the chests to get all krypt skins.

There are also invisible chests, enemies which drop loot, sacrificial altars, recipes and the Kollector. Pretty sure all those will have a decent amount of the remaining skins and gear 'found in the Krypt'.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Really, did you open all the doors in the throne room? Cause I saw some dude in a video open the chest left of the throne when you walk in and it had Casie stuff, I did it and got the same Cassie stuff. I saw him open the Jax chest, and I did the same and got the same loot as well. Some chests are filled with augments yes.
Same, those chests are definitely static