What's new

Krushing blows imbalance

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I really like the krushing blow mechanic, but some decisions with it I cannot understand.

Take Erron and Skarlet for instance, both have an overhead that knocks down and KBs when done twice in a row. Erron’s is safe, and can be enhanced for an additional safe on most characters low, and the KB does 280 DMG. Skarlet’s is full combo punishable, and objectively worse, and does like 150 DMG. What?

Johnny has a parry KB where he has to over extend it TWICE, no one would not D4 him if he does that. Nut punch, F43, and his glasses also have horrid KBs.

Jade’s 2 in a row shadow kick? lolol.

Also, characters have some super damaging KBs, and some low damaging ones. Why does Geras have the easiest KBs, and why do they do such huge damage? The teleport counter one notably, is very strong, he can punish anything you whiff or any projectile with 300 DMG. What?

Yeah I don’t like some of the ways that you have to do crushing blows. Plus I hate that they all don’t work or register in the character towers. They need to fix this because some of these are just ridiculous and don’t naturally happen while playing and every crushing blow Should register in the character tower. They had a chance to make this the greatest fighting game of all time but stuff like this in the grind just doesn’t make sense from a selling standpoint. I still love the hell out of this game but it gets frustrating.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
exactly, there are some horrid discrepancies regarding KB among characters in MK11 .... it's a statement well known so far

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
It seems like the logic should be that if your character has weaknesses like, low damage output or mediocre normals, that character should have access to better KBs. Clearly this isn't the case. Someone just made up requirements and slapped them on there.

If I were NRS, I would have simply made KBs for moves that have synergy with the character and made the requirements relatively easy to accomplish. The balance would have been in how much damage they do. Pretty fuckin simple actually.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is probably the biggest thing balance wise imo.

Some characters have low damage/hard to obtain KBs and some have easy af ones that do ridiculous damage and/or can be combo'd with.

Honestly, I think they should have made more KBs based on punish/kounter, have the universal ones as well, and no KBs where you have to intentionally be bad or do something stupid to obtain.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah this is one of the reasons Geras is so good. So many practical Krushing Blows. Why are his so practical for competitive play, while some others you have to align the planets and stars to get just ONE KB? Every character should have at least one counterhit/punish KB. I mean, Geras has what, like 3 counterhit/punish KB’s? Plus he has the built in 50/50 that also KB’s if they guess wrong, LOL. And I use Geras too, it’s fucked.

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
Lao teleport 4 KB. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ALLOW KUNG LAO TO TELEPORT TWICE IN A ROW ON THEM AND LAND THE REQUIRED ATTACKS? Lmaooo NRS please, Paulo I hope you see this. I can bet we will never see that KB as is in tournament right now.

Also dive kick KB should work like sub zero slide KB:DOGE.. Land xxxxx dive kicks in a match and you get the KB.

No but for real. That teleport 4 krushing blow.. LMAOOOOO
Make Lao OP and give him KBs on both throws and remove that teleport 4 KB. that thing is useless.:DOGE:DOGE

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Lao teleport 4 KB. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ALLOW KUNG LAO TO TELEPORT TWICE IN A ROW ON THEM AND LAND THE REQUIRED ATTACKS? Lmaooo NRS please, Paulo I hope you see this. I can bet we will never see that KB as in tournament right now as it is.

Also dive kick KB should work slide sub zero slide KB:DOGE.. Land xxxxx dive kicks in a match and you get the KB.

No but for real. That teleport 4 krushing blow.. LMAOOOOO
Make Lao OP and give him KBs on both throws and remove that teleport 4 KB. that thing is useless.:DOGE:DOGE
I punish Lao teleport 9/10 times. The 1 time I don’t is maybe if they delay it or something. It’s so easy to punish on reaction before he even has a chance to touch you.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Kahn has some pretty dumb requirements. They either tied to impossible buffs, weird reversal throws or back to back specials.

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
I punish Lao teleport 9/10 times. The 1 time I don’t is maybe if they delay it or something. It’s so easy to punish on reaction before he even has a chance to touch you.
Any suggestions to make it better? Dive kick one is fine as is... Just don't like ending my combos with dive kick

Lokheit

Noob
Yeah, I feel like all KBs should have a couple of different conditions so they trigger in different and more realistic scenarios. Some are too easy and some are dumb hard. They're not brutalities where you go out of the way to be flashy, they're part of character balance.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I don't mind the imbalance of KBs as long as the characters themselves are balanced. IMO it's okay for some characters to function off of going for them and others to have them as a back pocket thing that doesn't happen often but they don't really need to win.

Unfortunately they're really not balanced either way, and some have requirements that are just plain ridiculous. Johnny Cage is never gonna get that mime one in a real match, and Cetrion is never gonna get the geyser one.