What's new

Krossplay being added in Peacemaker Update!

I don't know his source, but Tom is saying that ranked won't have crossplay. Casual and KotH might not either. It may be its own lobby which is frankly fucking stupid if true.
wtf,thats like the most contradictory thing i think ever if true.

The purpose of crossplay is to increase the pool of players that can find and play with each other across multiple systems.If they seriously made it a seperate lobby that you specificaly have to join and search individually,that will actually lead to an even more split player base lmao,as the people searching in crossplay lobby wont be able to find anyone else other then people searching crossplay lobby.

This cant be true,like if thats waht they did then we dont have cross play lol,crossplay is a feature you opt in and once you do that you can find players from all systems no matter what online game mode you are playing.

This simply cant be true,and if by some crazy chance it is,NRS will get shit,clowned and memed on for it,and rightfully so.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
wtf,thats like the most contradictory thing i think ever if true.

The purpose of crossplay is to increase the pool of players that can find and play with each other across multiple systems.If they seriously made it a seperate lobby that you specificaly have to join and search individually,that will actually lead to an even more split player base lmao,as the people searching in crossplay lobby wont be able to find anyone else other then people searching crossplay lobby.

This cant be true,like if thats waht they did then we dont have cross play lol,crossplay is a feature you opt in and once you do that you can find players from all systems no matter what online game mode you are playing.

This simply cant be true,and if by some crazy chance it is,NRS will get shit,clowned and memed on for it,and rightfully so.
Isnt this exactly how MK11 crossplay worked? As a PC peasant that is denied even the most minute crumble of support from NRS, I did not get to use crossplay, but my impression is that there was a room with crossplay enabled and that was it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't know his source, but Tom is saying that ranked won't have crossplay. Casual and KotH might not either. It may be its own lobby which is frankly fucking stupid if true.
It could be due to some type of limitations. But I was hoping that all that would be required is for you to enable it in your settings, and that would allow it in all game modes. Anyway, we’ll just have to wait for some confirmation

Isnt this exactly how MK11 crossplay worked? As a PC peasant that is denied even the most minute crumble of support from NRS, I did not get to use crossplay, but my impression is that there was a room with crossplay enabled and that was it.
Pc peasent here as well,so i dont know exactly how it was in mk11,but i do know that crossplay in mk11 was a beta experimental feature and it was introduced as such,basically a proof of concept to match players from ps and xbox together.

so if they think they can now do the same thing and call it actuall/full crossplay then they are in for a rude awakaning.

I really hope this is not true.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Pc peasent here as well,so i dont know exactly how it was in mk11,but i do know that crossplay in mk11 was a beta experimental feature and it was introduced as such,basically a proof of concept to match players from ps and xbox together.

so if they think they can now do the same thing and call it actuall/full crossplay then they are in for a rude awakaning.

I really hope this is not true.
I think there's still a "full version coming soon" message for MK11 crossplay. Again, just repeating Tom's claim. I uninstalled it in Oct 2019 and haven't opened it since.

Crossplay for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is in beta permanently. It is indeed rooms only. I've also been told on the official Discord that you need to use rooms to play between, say, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 or Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. I don't play multiplayer on console so I can not test this myself.

The PC - Microsoft Store version of the game actually features Crossplay with Xbox consoles only, though I've also never tested this.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Crossplay for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate is in beta permanently. It is indeed rooms only. I've also been told on the official Discord that you need to use rooms to play between, say, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 or Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. I don't play multiplayer on console so I can not test this myself.

The PC - Microsoft Store version of the game actually features Crossplay with Xbox consoles only, though I've also never tested this.
This has been a thing for a while. MS game store is trying to steal some market share from Valve. I've had a copy of Insurgency: Sandstorm since it came out. They started advertising that PC and Xbox could crossplay, so all my friends with xbox bought the game to play with me. Turns out it was a waste because MS refuses to update their Steam release with crossplay. It was a total waste of money and it made me hate Microsoft even more than I do now.

If cross play is some bullshit lobby system, they can just cancel support for the game at this point. If your not going to implement a service correctly, why give us a half baked product, I mean that's just the story of this game. I knew it was getting bad when the steam charts suggested that mk11 has more current players than mk1, and if they pull this bs move, just stop support. I truly think if they don't show progression in this patch the game will be unrecoverable.

I call bs on this one. Cross play wasn't marketed like this on MK11. They said it was in beta and we were testing it. It just never got out of beta :laughing:. I highly doubt that they are going to give us cross play in the same state as MK11.

This has been a thing for a while. MS game store is trying to steal some market share from Valve. I've had a copy of Insurgency: Sandstorm since it came out. They started advertising that PC and Xbox could crossplay, so all my friends with xbox bought the game to play with me. Turns out it was a waste because MS refuses to update their Steam release with crossplay. It was a total waste of money and it made me hate Microsoft even more than I do now.
Something's odd there though, as Microsoft is a big fan of crossplay, and this includes on PC - Steam. They really forged forward here with Xbox Play Anywhere, and many titles released after that (late 2016) had crossplay to some degree, and it improved with new titles.

So I can play Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo Infinite, and Gears 5, for example, all with friends who have the Steam versions regardless of if I'm playing on console or PC - Microsoft Store.

I'm simply listing these titles as they're ones I own, there's many, many more that have proper crossplay.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
@Ray'sGoodLiquor Oh dear ... if what Tom says is true then he may be right. i listed to some podcast think he had on some reaction and he was being brutally honest from all the tournaments. I fell asleep during it. He even did say he he talked to NRS knowing the issues but the tournaments still had them and even IIRC believing not to be the best player but had the privilege to play the players, has admitted to maturing and wanting the best for the franchise. Why can't we have world peace?! The new area needs to be strong! This is where they need to be honest and more clear....IE Krossplay will be in all modes oh and more ways to earn Krystals in game or the possibility to earn shop items or just say heck with it....you can also just buy them.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Krossplay is soemhing people think they want, but it introduces massive problems with bottig and cheating. I mean look at tekken and street fighter 6. It is really a buzz word more than something people actually care about. They 'think" they care about it, but the truth is that it is a under the hood change that 99% of people will not even notice. In SF6 and Tekken all the leader boards are just wall to wall bots... so muc so that in SF6 a player run community leaderboard is now running and the top players are all moving to organised vs matches. This is becuase PC mods allow people to run bots... same will happen for MK, I mean MK1 already has bot mods, they are just confined to PC player bases.

On the plus side the online torny scene is going to go hard. R1p, CoTR, Sryu and TNS are the oens I watch and those eves are about to really take off to another level. It is so awesome how healthy the competitive scene is for MK1 right now, with record numbers of people entering, record viewers and record prize pools.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
SF6's cheating is so bad most of us turned off crossplay until they fix the situation, but its been like that for months now. Luckily, they added an option to expand the matchmaking from one region to multyple. SF6's netcode is so crisp you can legit play intercontinental connections with minimal issues, so playing against other PS5 players is more than enough now.

Krossplay is cool but any mention of improving the netcode? The lag of this game is unbearable fairly often. Third round lag spikes and widely inaccurate ping readings seem more like bugs than connection issues too, but what do I know

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Krossplay is cool but any mention of improving the netcode? The lag of this game is unbearable fairly often. Third round lag spikes and widely inaccurate ping readings seem more like bugs than connection issues too, but what do I know
Do you play on WiFi and/or against WiFi users?

Jynks

SF6's cheating is so bad most of us turned off crossplay until they fix the situation, but its been like that for months now. Luckily, they added an option to expand the matchmaking from one region to multyple.
yeah, krossplay is a total disaster for sf6 and tekken : (

Do you play on WiFi and/or against WiFi users?
Wired since mk9 my man. I do sometimes say yes to wifi players when I get bored searching, but playing other wired players with a good ping rating is still super shitty more often than not. Specially over time I've noticed, like in a long set. A wired player with ping in the 80's can lag just as bad or worse than a wifi player at times. And massive third round lag spikes happen allll the damn time, having that happen in a fighting game is like making a fire extinguisher that sprays gasoline, diabolically shitty lol

Jynks

We've now reached 'crossplay is bad actually' level of cope to excuse NRS of its total incompetence. Cool.
what do you mean "cope".... we have krossplay, and were always going to have it as it was announced before launch. The krosslay patch means nothing but that NRS is doing what it said it would.

Last edited: