What's new

General/Other - Reptile KP2 Reptile Changes?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I honestly can not think of a single mu where i am 100% sure reptile wins
Predator hish qu ten
Tremor all variations
Quan chi summoner

These are 3 characters with unparalleled bullshit that reptile wins against imo with his toolset.

He beats kotal , goro, Jason, ermac, sonya, ferra.

By beats i dont mean shuts down. I mean advantage over. As far as I'm concerned a lot of those types of characters with advantage matchups are getting nerfed so there shouldn't really be any characters that completely dominate the rest of the cast. As the game is balanced out reptile will be a stronger pick

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
If Forceball/Slimeball stopping was less of a resource I think he would have much better matchup against the cast.

However, no one would ever jump over the balls and it could get ridiculous.

Although, at the same time you would only ever see the true benefit of the 2 Stamina Stop at mid/close range.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I honestly dont think reptile needs anything. Maybe decreased recovery on spit and less startup on forceball but those seem way too fuckign strong. A man can dream though.

Robbie Rage

Friend to the Reptiles
I honestly dont think reptile needs anything. Maybe decreased recovery on spit and less startup on forceball but those seem way too fuckign strong. A man can dream though.
Reptile really doesn't need much at all, really. If anything, all he needs are a series of small tweaks to make him consistent with everyone else. I'm thinking more like this:

Noxious: Enhanced and EX Gas doesn't go away on hit.
EX Spit puddle deals damage to opponents lying in or standing on it (like KB's caltrops)

Outside of that, I am a little curious as to the "noxious stack" idea on projectiles would work. I have the impression it would be a little underpowered compared to the model we have now, but I also have very little experience working with D'Vorah to tell. Any Venomous mains around to enlighten me?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I know i sound like i am very down on the character but let me clarify that i in no way think he is trash, just not nearly as good as i used to think. Solid mid and at worst lower mid.
Characters i think are better:
Tremor
Quan
Kung Lao
Sonya
Cassie
Jax
Liu Kang
Predator
Shinnok
Tanya
Johnny cage
Devorah
Takeda

And characters who could possibly be better:
Sub zero
Kotal
Kano
Kitana
Kung

Xev

Noob
Reptile is in the beta, didn't have time to test much of anything but frame wise didn't notice much in the moves list. Regular nimble feels faster? But could be wrong, frame data on it is definitely wrong since it says 1 frame for it and ex nimble activation. Will mess around with stuff later once I have more time.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
F412 xx ex invis doesn't feel like +7 anymore. Ermac's d1 was beating my f4 follow up. And his noxious ticks feel like they do more damage. About to boot up my old game and compare the ticks.

Last edited:

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
Reptile can now hold 3 after regular invisibility (dd3) and he will go fully invisible. F412 xx ex invis doesn't feel like +7 anymore. Ermac's d1 was beating my f4 follow up. And his noxious ticks feel like they do more damage. About to boot up my old game and compare the ticks.
The holding 3 things isn't a change I remember it from his kombat kast

Robbie Rage

Friend to the Reptiles
And his noxious ticks feel like they do more damage. About to boot up my old game and compare the ticks.
Oohh I REALLY hope this is true. I would love it if they gave us the gas that didn't go away on hit, but any sort of gas buff at all would be VERY welcome. Please confirm!

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Opener xx ex invisibility, f211+3 EX combos now. Uploading a video now.

EDIT: noxious ticks seem to do the same damage. Block strings into ex gas or ex basilisk are still unsafe. EX DF1 still doesn't do damage if the opponent delays their wake up.

EDIT 2:

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
If anyone would like to compare the frame data then let me know if you notice anything!

In game beta frame data for normals:

Strings:

Specials:

Last edited:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Seems no changes..
Really wanted stamina instead of meter for acidball stopping and acid puddle being fixed.. so much disappoint

Why was Reptile left completely alone? Just fixes would be nice. Gas staying on hit could be monsterous I was finding with a friend so I was thinking of a compromise.
Enhanced gas could stay on hit but get bumped down to regular gas damage after hit.
(1% to .5% after hit on ex gas)

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Other than the acid puddle not getting fixed, I'm 100% happy with nimble buffs. And let's be honest, if reptile only needed stamina to stop Forceballs it would be broke.

Zaccel

Noob
No changes? Not the end of the world, but it would have been fun to see them stir the pot...

b1 eat projectiles to replenish health.
...because I've never wanted something like this more in my life.

(Though I was hoping for 14xxSFB to become safe without meter, somehow. Oh well.)

themanDan

The saw is family
Force ball stops costing stamina instead of meter would be out of control, his space control would be op. I'm curious why they left noxious untouched, I would have liked to see a gas buff or acid puddle improvement, even a small one. Now, with the nimble buff, noxious just seems pretty underwhleming.

Israel

Noob
So wait...no fixes? They didnt fix the acid puddle?...still? , ok , i now know that it was intentional. All bad

Israel

Noob
Other than the acid puddle not getting fixed, I'm 100% happy with nimble buffs.
What nimble buffs?..

Seems no changes..
Really wanted stamina instead of meter for acidball stopping and acid puddle being fixed.. so much disappoint

Why was Reptile left completely alone? Just fixes would be nice. Gas staying on hit could be monsterous I was finding with a friend so I was thinking of a compromise.
Enhanced gas could stay on hit but get bumped down to regular gas damage after hit.
(1% to .5% after hit on ex gas)
Yea im disappointed man. Im fine for them wanting to remain in his current position but, the fixes would have been fine.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
What nimble buffs?..

Yea im disappointed man. Im fine for them wanting to remain in his current position but, the fixes would have been fine.
Word on the street is both basilisk and ex basilisk are a bit faster.
Forever mourning what acid could have been.