What's new

General/Other - Reptile KP2 Reptile Changes?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Since this seems to be the thing to do, let's get at it boys and girls and everything in between.

I think Reptile is pretty okay in Deceptive. The only thing I would do is what @YOMI REO suggested...take off the armor on EX stealth, and replace it with projectile invulnerability. Then reduce regular stealth startup to the same speed as pre-patch EX stealth.

For Nimble, all I'd want to see is regular basilisk startup reduced to the same as EX, but the duration shortened to 1/2 that of EX.

Noxious, make the active gas stay when he's hit, and the EX version DoT should count as hits on armor.

That's all I got. Just variation specific stuff so that Deceptive isn't so far ahead of everything.

@RM Cossner @OFIDYAN @G4S J360 @JDM

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
wait, sooo, you think deceptive ex stealth should be nerfed? i don't see any reason to take off the armor. Just bring the others up to speed.
I think REO said it best...EX stealth is very powerful. Much moreso than we probably can see. It's not just an option to get combos started from all of his good normals, it makes a lot of them + on block, makes him invisible (which is still pretty fucked up), and even makes him take no damage for a hit already. With the armor, it's also a flash parry. It has so many utility options off of it. It could be ridiculous in the future, who knows. I would definitely trade it if the regular stealth buff came into play.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think REO said it best...EX stealth is very powerful. Much moreso than we probably can see. It's not just an option to get combos started from all of his good normals, it makes a lot of them + on block, makes him invisible (which is still pretty fucked up), and even makes him take no damage for a hit already. With the armor, it's also a flash parry. It has so many utility options off of it. It could be ridiculous in the future, who knows. I would definitely trade it if the regular stealth buff came into play.
I really dont see a reason it should be nerfed. Reprile is already meter Hungry and you have to use a bar. And once people know the mu they can easily react to the animation where it then be comes a guessing game of will he armor or not

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yeah, but even with all that, he's not really broke or anything. really his deceptive should be left alone and other variations buffed. Thats how i see it anyways.

Israel

Noob
This guy just asked for a nerf, on the green guy, and his only good variation. And here i thought u were u on our side. U were in disguise i see now.
but uh... yea, i will always say:

Puddle should work same as Erron blacks tac's...
Ex Noxious should remain on hit...
b1 eat projectiles to replenish health.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
That is one thing I have been saying since day 1. EX Stealth should be projectile immune. I totally agree with that.

JDM

Noob
I think he's fine now in deceptive. But Nimble and Noxious definitely needs buffs to their variation-specific moves.

I like what you suggested to be honest. I would play Nimble again 100 percent if that buff went though.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
The changes I'd like to see to Reptile are all a bit superficial but not redundant or completely unnecessary. I feel he needs a slight buff still but I'm pretty comfy with his mid tier status.

I'm going to first suggest some buffs.. then I'ma gripe about his finishers. Feel free to disregard the 2nd bit.

One of the following would be nice:

1. Stopping force balls costing a bar of stamina instead of meter.
If this were done it'd make it a bit more viable. Instead of burning reptiles precious pressure breaks he could simply compromise his ability to run in repeatedly. It would reduce a bit of wallpush and some rundown pressure in exchange for a more practical variable to forceballs.
Alternatively I would like to see stopped forceballs stay 2-3 seconds longer in return for the precious meter.

2.Pounce having a slightly larger hitbox. Especially online I feel I judge my distance correctly and execute it correctly just for it to appear to hit but whiff. This doesn't happen often offline but it does still occur.

3. Noxious having his gas last for 2 hits or not be lost on block. Nimble and deceptive seem to overshadow Noxious after deceptives buff. This would bring them all equalish.

4. Ex spit:
It should either stick to the opponent for awhile, or work like Erron Black's caltrops.

Lastly please fix his brutalities.
His brutalities used to be stupid and hard. Nether realm finally acknowledged our complaint but only heard half of it. They made them easier but left them awful.

1. Spit: spits over the opponents mouth/nose. They can't breathe or it goes down and dissolves their innerds. Not sure which. Animation is almost missable and feels lazy.
This is sort of redeemed by the secret input which has it form a forceball and decapitate the opponent.

2. Lick your heart out:
Fucking awesome. Leave it.

3. Noxious: 2 bars of meter for johnny cages mk1 fatality

4. Deceptive: puke all over them repeatedly. Then. Spit acid all over their upperbody.. so a bit of their face can melt off in another missable animation.. you already ripped reptile in story. Don't make his acid do nothing in brutalities too.

5. Nimble.
2 bars but ain't all bad. Bothers me that it's an animation we've seen with other characters but isn't his worst.

his fatalities are sad in the first place.
1. Why would he spit acid on their head (once again melting just their face) to split their skull in half?
2. If your gonna mix his classic fatalities that's fine but a bit lackluster compared to some of the cast. Others get vicious wow moments and then later got their classic fatalities.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
I don't feel like Reptile really "needs" anything, but just enough cancel advantage on f3b4 to cancel into and connect with EXbf4 would be cool imo.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
0 buffs and 0 nerfs are needed for Reptile. He's quite strong the way he is now and there's nothing truly 'cheap' or whatever you want to call it about him. He should be left as is.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
ex stealth doesn't need armor or damage protection while invisible.

nimble is fine.

noxious could use a slightly faster smell thing, but that's it.

I feel he needs a slight buff still but I'm pretty comfy with his mid tier status.
he could see some changes to make some of his options more viable (ex spit or ball stop), but he is high tier already and doesn't need buffs imo.

Last edited:

Israel

Noob
I disagree guys... theres something there about him that long as its still there..it urks my soul,

Acid puddle needs to work like a puddle! Ill keep saying it until it gets done. because theres no REAL reason why this hasnt been fixed yet. this will improve the noxious variation greatly. If EB can throw spikes and it takes damage as the opponent is standing there OR laying there AND while being grabbed... how is a PUDDLE not working the same way?
To me its not even a buff...its just a common sense fix. A common sense patch, is what they need to release.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Anyone who says nimble is fine obviously never played it.
Basilisk is 100% useless outside of combos.
In combos it adds barely 10% midscreen for 1 bar?

nimble is fine lol

Israel

Noob
I agree with you M.D

I mean i dont play nimble simply because of your reason lol. Like if i were to use it, j there should be more reason to use it outside of combos. which there is none, because the start up is too slow and i doesnt last long enough imo.
but im more concerned on the Acid Puddle. Needs common sense fixing. If they overlook it again...i will know it was on purpose. and it wasnt made to make sense.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I don't think he should be changed at all, nerfs or buffs.
Pretty much this. If anything, make Ex Gas stay on hit in Noxious and maybe decrease his Ex Slide juggle's gravity so it's a bit more consistent for everyone to convert.

Other than that, I'm overly pleased with Reptile's current status.