What's new

Tech - War God Kotal Kahn War god 57% blockstring

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Off sword it's gaurenteed. Its after whiff throw is where its iffy
In that case then you can just do F1B2 and lose about 3-4% chip for a total of 53%. I have had my shit pushed in for going into B1 after 114 air throw by Mileena.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
In that case then you can just do F1B2 and lose about 3-4% chip for a total of 53%. I have had my shit pushed in for going into B1 after 114 air throw by Mileena.
Yeah. My guys d4 it np. F1 seems great

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think 114 sword throw has more cancel advantage. So that should work better. Problem is the range.
Yeah, this is only really designed for the corner because there is massive inconsistency in getting the timing just right for 114 to even be an airtight blockstring against characters who can't even low profile.

Belial

Noob
I think theres different recovery if they block crouching and standing. I couldnt get 114~ex sword toss into 114 to work consistantly (tested on mileena). If it worked against reversal for example, they could just stay ducking (idk why, the timing was the same, i recd it) and first 1 would wiff. This doesnt seem to be working that well for me at all, however its a very sweet pressure tool even midscreen that I've been sort of neglecting before.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think theres different recovery if they block crouching and standing. I couldnt get 114~ex sword toss into 114 to work consistantly (tested on mileena). If it worked against reversal for example, they could just stay ducking (idk why, the timing was the same, i recd it) and first 1 would wiff. This doesnt seem to be working that well for me at all, however its a very sweet pressure tool even midscreen that I've been sort of neglecting before.
You need to time it better. All the states are - Block 2 hits high, block 1 low 1 high or 1 high and 1 low.

Mileena it doesnt work against, for some reason shes the only char that also low profiles f1

Belial

Noob
You need to time it better. All the states are - Block 2 hits high, block 1 low 1 high or 1 high and 1 low.

Mileena it doesnt work against, for some reason shes the only char that also low profiles f1
Does it work midscreen as well or corner only?

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
That tech is very good but has one weakness.

Most of my opponents don't know Kotal has advantage after 114 air throw <lol>
They simply relase block and eat b122.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
As you know, Kotal's 114 has tons of cancel advantage, allowing a myriad of things to be safely cancelled into it. Something which he can do is 114 into EX projectile which depends on the variation. EX sunstone is faster and +15 while doing 3% chip damage. EX Macuahuitl is slightly slower, +30 and does 2.75% chip up close, 5.50% from afar.

A perfectly timed 114 after both of these projectiles on block leaves no possible gap and airgrab is +4 after it.

The sequence you're seeing is 114 ex macuahuitl run cancel 114 airgrab b122 ex macuahuitl repeat. Gaps are as follows;

114 can be armoured/backdashed after ex macuahuitl if the Kotal player mistimes it.
B122 after air grab can be traded with if you have a 6f down poke or standing jab, can also be armoured or backdashed.

When it comes to the corner, the backdash option is eliminated. A good percentage of the cast doesn't have 6f moves and if your opponent has no bars of meter while you do, here's the result.

If you don't have a second bar, you should be doing B122 low/overhead sword. So, the entire sequence with just one bar is as follows;

JIP 114 EX macuahuitl run cancel 114 air throw B122 overhead/low = 18,50% chip damage, 17% without the JIP midscreen, 2.50% less in the corner because you only hit once with the sword.

This builds 90% of the bar you just spent back.

Of course, if your opponent respect this inescapable for some frametrap, you can sneak in another 114 air grab in those 30-40 hits which are just enough to give you one last bar and allow up to 65% chip IIRC.

TLDR; Near the corner against War god and without meter? Get chipped out.

@Hidan @UltraDavid
@KeyserSoze
@D. R.
@RYX
@SEV
@REYTHEGREAT
@Crayraven @Mr Aqua
@BigMilk