What's new

Tech - War God Kotal Kahn War god 57% blockstring

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
As you know, Kotal's 114 has tons of cancel advantage, allowing a myriad of things to be safely cancelled into it. Something which he can do is 114 into EX projectile which depends on the variation. EX sunstone is faster and +15 while doing 3% chip damage. EX Macuahuitl is slightly slower, +30 and does 2.75% chip up close, 5.50% from afar.

A perfectly timed 114 after both of these projectiles on block leaves no possible gap and airgrab is +4 after it.

The sequence you're seeing is 114 ex macuahuitl run cancel 114 airgrab b122 ex macuahuitl repeat. Gaps are as follows;

114 can be armoured/backdashed after ex macuahuitl if the Kotal player mistimes it.
B122 after air grab can be traded with if you have a 6f down poke or standing jab, can also be armoured or backdashed.

When it comes to the corner, the backdash option is eliminated. A good percentage of the cast doesn't have 6f moves and if your opponent has no bars of meter while you do, here's the result.

If you don't have a second bar, you should be doing B122 low/overhead sword. So, the entire sequence with just one bar is as follows;

JIP 114 EX macuahuitl run cancel 114 air throw B122 overhead/low = 18,50% chip damage, 17% without the JIP midscreen, 2.50% less in the corner because you only hit once with the sword.

This builds 90% of the bar you just spent back.

Of course, if your opponent respect this inescapable for some frametrap, you can sneak in another 114 air grab in those 30-40 hits which are just enough to give you one last bar and allow up to 65% chip IIRC.

TLDR; Near the corner against War god and without meter? Get chipped out.

@Hidan @UltraDavid
@KeyserSoze
@D. R.
@RYX
@SEV
@REYTHEGREAT
@Crayraven @Mr Aqua
@BigMilk

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can low profile the 114 after the ex sword. You don't need a 6 frame normal.
Can you write a list of the characters who can and with which normals? Normals don't low profile at universal points, E.G Kotal's I've found gets that property a frame or two after startup. Also pretty sure that at this distance you can't press a single button.

The 6f normal part is referring to interrupting B1 after the air throw.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
You were trying to block? Here's 57% for your troubles. You silly silly goose. Trying to block in MKX. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Said Quan Chi and Kotal Khan.

Block breaking is a joke without a punchline. Take a cue or two from Injustice and add push block and Killer Frost.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Can you write a list of the characters who can and with which normals? Normals don't low profile at universal points, E.G Kotal's I've found gets that property a frame or two after startup. Also pretty sure that at this distance you can't press a single button.

The 6f normal part is referring to interrupting B1 after the air throw.
I did it with cage, kotal, and raiden. I'm sure others can do it. It's because the 1 is a high not because the frame data is incorrect, you are right about everything else. This is super strong if the other player doesn't know the match and I'm sure it will be great in tournament sets. I do a modified b122 ex sword throw.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Are you sure 114 air grab is +4 on block?
Can't be 100% sure since we don't have the exact frame data on it but I've stuffed 6 and 7 frame D1s with B1 afterwards. If you test this on reptile you can't hit his EX slide with B1 because he low profiles it and that's the only 6f reversal I know of.

KL's 7F spin hits what I'm 100% sure is 1f before his B1 becomes active and that's a reversal, meaning it's free of the 1f of unblocking limitation.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wrote this up in the general disc awhile ago, low profiling kills it once someone knows and when to armor, but its hella good when someone has no meter and you can bait the low profile by doing a guaranteed d1 and if it hits get the then guaranteed b122.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I wrote this up in the general disc awhile ago, low profiling kills it once someone knows and when to armor, but its hella good when someone has no meter and you can bait the low profile by doing a guaranteed d1 and if it hits get the then guaranteed b122.
I did it with cage, kotal, and raiden. I'm sure others can do it. It's because the 1 is a high not because the frame data is incorrect, you are right about everything else. This is super strong if the other player doesn't know the match and I'm sure it will be great in tournament sets. I do a modified b122 ex sword throw.
Can you try with F1B2 EX macuahuitl? F1 is my go-to move to stuff low profile wakeups like Mileena's roll, I'm sure it could catch other similar property moves and you can only armour through that cancel.

Lanqu

Noob
If it hits you get another 114 air grab string cz it becomes unduckable

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can you try with F1B2 EX macuahuitl? F1 is my go-to move to stuff low profile wakeups like Mileena's roll, I'm sure it could catch other similar property moves and you can only armour through that cancel.
def worth a shot

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If it hits you get another 114 air grab string cz it becomes unduckable
its incredibly hard to react to d1 hitting in time to get a frame perfect high haha, at least you get to play with the 10 frame mid. IMO of course

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
def worth a shot
From testing with Johnny's D4, you can't do shit if Kotal does F1B2.

There's also a weird thing I need to test as well, if you block ex macuahuitl standing you get pushed back as normal, if you block the first hit high and the second hit ducking, same thing. Block both while ducking and the pushback is literally 3/4 screen.

Reactions: GAV