What's new

Match Footage - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn Video thread

More awesome footage of Madzin's Blood God at ESL this week.
Showing how to deal with subzero (he really improved in that matchup):
Good matches against Foxy:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
After weeks of only Blood God I picked the paddle back up for TOTFC a few weeks back when Brady came to town. Since then I have revamped my approach with WG. I use a lot more paddle toss, mb and un mb. Ending combos early into toss is really good to see your opponent try and escape and react accordingly, or watch them wake up into a forced block and use the + frames to continue pressure. It can get pretty overwhelming. This and utilizing normals better thanks to blood god and a lot more staggers off b1. Heres some footage from weeklies.

mattnin

Noob
Part of me is sad it wasn't Blood God but your War God is just sick man. I can't believe how you just completely shut down GM. Good job

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
http://www.twitch.tv/k1ngz4ppa/v/28113574

first footage of me using sun god, got 2nd at the weekly, gimpy got me with cassie, down to last hit in winners but eh, mistakes lol

Pretty interesting variation, this was day 2 of my adventures with sun and I am loving it so far, I know a bunch of ppl asked if I would and I said no but I love the meter management in this one so much

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Held our weekly this thursday, War God in every match but winners finals, I still don't have a favorite variation for the Reptile match up but I have been using sun god a lot lately for it.

Also here in winners finals, an amazing glitch with the god ray brutality happens after the first game, check it out at 2:40

war god v imposter and boneshaper - always been a struggle, but solid armor reads got me through at the end, live or die by the paddle

E

Eldriken

Held our weekly this thursday, War God in every match but winners finals, I still don't have a favorite variation for the Reptile match up but I have been using sun god a lot lately for it.

Also here in winners finals, an amazing glitch with the god ray brutality happens after the first game, check it out at 2:40

war god v imposter and boneshaper - always been a struggle, but solid armor reads got me through at the end, live or die by the paddle

That Brutality glitch was funny as hell.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That Brutality glitch was funny as hell.
I have had it happen a few times in my ventures. I caught shinnok running with it, and it did the complete animation while shinnoks body continued the run animation so he just kept moving foward while burning. I also caught his armored low in boneshaper and the scythe just swung crazy. I am sure it does unholy things to a many special move.

E

Eldriken

I have had it happen a few times in my ventures. I caught shinnok running with it, and it did the complete animation while shinnoks body continued the run animation so he just kept moving foward while burning. I also caught his armored low in boneshaper and the scythe just swung crazy. I am sure it does unholy things to a many special move.
If only I had a second controller for Kustom Kombat. I'd love to see all the wonky shit this causes. lol

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If only I had a second controller for Kustom Kombat. I'd love to see all the wonky shit this causes. lol
Also I don't know if it's widely known but you can actually combo into the brutality on some characters, b14 into godray combos on large hitbox characters and triggers the brutality, its kind of amazing

The parry and the punish in the first round of the fourth match in winners final was amazing man! Great games as always! Keep the videos coming and it's nice to see some sun god in there!

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The parry and the punish in the first round of the fourth match in winners final was amazing man! Great games as always! Keep the videos coming and it's nice to see some sun god in there!
Thank you man! As the commentator said the parry ready works so well against reptile as every special is one hit and also works on a b2 read. I am starting to like the sun-reptile mu the most of the 3. But paddle is forever <3