• Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can you guys test whether d4 still low profiles

watching the stream again and they said they fixed some low profile moves.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
How's Sun God's new special? Is it viable unlike the healing thing he has with the stacks? Maybe throw it out after parrying a projectile? Also have you guys tested his air grab yet to see if it is actually a decent aa? On PC otherwise I'd check myself.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
How's Sun God's new special? Is it viable unlike the healing thing he has with the stacks? Maybe throw it out after parrying a projectile? Also have you guys tested his air grab yet to see if it is actually a decent aa? On PC otherwise I'd check myself.
Air grab is good, having trouble implementing the new move. Might be useful but it doesn't change his core game imo. No reason to be playing around with stacks when grab is so good.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Air grab is good, having trouble implementing the new move. Might be useful but it doesn't change his core game imo. No reason to be playing around with stacks when grab is so good.
But it helps you get your level 3 grab faster right? So if nothing else it's decent for that.

i love sun god even more now the new move really compliments some of the weakness he had but what i really love is b1 been a true mid now

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can get 2 stacks after a L3 unless the opponent runs at you at which point you set him up for another 47% combo.

If you only get 1 stack which is guaranteed then the next command grab combo only does 2-3% less.

100% worth it.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Holy shit this parry is sick, has a pretty lenient window to parry and can parry most projectiles? Plus you get a damage buff out of it? Was surprised it parried Sub's ice ball and even Cybernetic Kano's even from close range. This character just got a lot more interesting.

You can get 2 stacks after a L3 unless the opponent runs at you at which point you set him up for another 47% combo.

If you only get 1 stack which is guaranteed then the next command grab combo only does 2-3% less.

100% worth it.
How do you get stacks when you're already at level 3?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

100% worth it.
wait what? I don't follow

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Holy shit this parry is sick, has a pretty lenient window to parry and can parry most projectiles? Plus you get a damage buff out of it? Was surprised it parried Sub's ice ball and even Cybernetic Kano's even from close range. This character just got a lot more interesting.

How do you get stacks when you're already at level 3?
wait what? I don't follow
You can sacrifice right after a L3 throw and then do a spark. The subsequent combo will get you to L2 and you'll barely do any less damage.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
War God is still the best variation..
The only 3 good changes are faster start-ups, safe f12 and no gap b122. But still:
1. B122 doesn't connect with air grab;
2. 112 doesn't connect with air grab while doing it on F/T;
3. Sun God and Blood God still don't have good wakeups & antizoning tools;
4. New move fdb3 is just for fun & casual, cuz it's sooooo long.. Ex-version of it, at least, should be armored and be combo-extender...
Damn, I hoped that this patch will make all three variations equal to each other..
So, that's my final opinion about 90% of Kotal's changes & so called buffs:

Hassun

Noob
Liking the parry a lot now that is can nullify a projectile. Low profiling Jacqui's machine gun and then absorbing the rockets feels good.

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
I wish blood sacrifice got some recovery frames shaved off, it'd be really useful when you use soul scorch and your back to doing 10 % command grabs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The only 3 good changes are faster start-ups, safe f12 and no gap b122. But still:
4. New move fdb3 is just for fun & casual, cuz it's sooooo long.. Ex-version of it, at least, should be armored and be combo-extender...
Damn, I hoped that this patch will make all three variations equal to each other..
Facepalm.

Ok Sure Maybe War God Is better But Sun God and Blood God are Still Viable and Fun to Mess around with War god Is kinda Boring and most of the time people do the same Combo Strings over and over again when using War god Variation From what i have seen.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
yeah but it's not very safe. It's useful I just don't see it changing his game much
It's safe enough where you can throw it out mid screen and people aren't going to check you on reaction.

1,1,4 > Soul Spark seems to be -8 on block so far, I've only gotten punished by Reptile and Kung Lao reversals (blocked Sub Zero's slide safely every time)... so mid match you can get away with it versus a lot of the cast. You can also train someone to let you get away with it if you switch it in after you've hit them from trying to interrupt you after 1,1,4 > air throw. Good news is you get the bonus whether you're hit or not because it happens on frame 1 :D

At full screen, using Soul Spark will give you enough time to parry an incoming projectile if they're reacting to the spark.

The big deal about it though is it quickly gives us access to Soul Scorch for more meter, or at least 8% healing. It's going to take some getting used to, but it's already helped my meter/health management in my matches tonight.

Ex. I hit someone with level 1 SGC, then max ranged d+4 > Soul Spark when they woke up, then ticked into another SGC or another d+4 > Soul Spark (I switched these up based on how footsies were going). Now my block string is ready to reward me 3/4 of a bar anytime just from 1,1,4 > Soul Scorch. Or even better 18% during a block string where I can still press advantage after the heal! I was surprised how often I was back at level 3 just by using it mid screen whenever my opponent and I were jocking for position. After a while, I stopped using it because people would try to anticipate and preemptively jump-in or use an unsafe special... so my punishment game was much easier from it too. It easily levels up Qwark's block string so you can get an extra rotation or two in no problem. The extra damage on the Sun God Choke is always wonderful, but now we can use Soul Scorch multiple times per round if you want so it is definitely worth considering.

Oh, and for the projectile battle. On of my opponents fed me 5 fireballs which I parried before I threw an EX Sunstone which looked like it hit for 30%. It was hilarious. They also stopped throwing fireballs for the rest of the match too.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
It's safe enough where you can throw it out mid screen and people aren't going to check you on reaction.

1,1,4 > Soul Spark seems to be -8 on block so far, I've only gotten punished by Reptile and Kung Lao reversals (blocked Sub Zero's slide safely every time)... so mid match you can get away with it versus a lot of the cast. You can also train someone to let you get away with it if you switch it in after you've hit them from trying to interrupt you after 1,1,4 > air throw. Good news is you get the bonus whether you're hit or not because it happens on frame 1 :D

At full screen, using Soul Spark will give you enough time to parry an incoming projectile if they're reacting to the spark.

The big deal about it though is it quickly gives us access to Soul Scorch for more meter, or at least 8% healing. It's going to take some getting used to, but it's already helped my meter/health management in my matches tonight.

Ex. I hit someone with level 1 SGC, then max ranged d+4 > Soul Spark when they woke up, then ticked into another SGC or another d+4 > Soul Spark (I switched these up based on how footsies were going). Now my block string is ready to reward me 3/4 of a bar anytime just from 1,1,4 > Soul Scorch. Or even better 18% during a block string where I can still press advantage after the heal! I was surprised how often I was back at level 3 just by using it mid screen whenever my opponent and I were jocking for position. After a while, I stopped using it because people would try to anticipate and preemptively jump-in or use an unsafe special... so my punishment game was much easier from it too. It easily levels up Qwark's block string so you can get an extra rotation or two in no problem. The extra damage on the Sun God Choke is always wonderful, but now we can use Soul Scorch multiple times per round if you want so it is definitely worth considering.

Oh, and for the projectile battle. On of my opponents fed me 5 fireballs which I parried before I threw an EX Sunstone which looked like it hit for 30%. It was hilarious. They also stopped throwing fireballs for the rest of the match too.
yeah been trying it out more and it's decent. I just wish fdb 1 EX wouldn't cost a bar (but have a bdf 1 input) so you could sit back, parry, heal and gain meter. It would be beastly. OR have fdb 3 recover as fast as fdb 1 to use in pressure.

Buiu

Woot
i know ppl are overhyped and so, but lets say...

1,1,4 still whiffs, even on male.

War god still have all the gaps, but they fix the the armor spam on block, this is a huge buff for us.

I still cant parry string reliable, and its still not a good wakeup movie, but can work against zooners, but some projectiles like shinok gun or jax rockets, sometimes its dificult, especially online.

i dont know, maybe im doing the art of parry wrong

im not downplaying, they gave us some good stuff (f12 safe and better airgrab).

the parry sounds like athe classic parry for me

I still prefer war god too

peace