What's new

Kotal Kahn Combo Thread

Parry does give you slight frames so you can punish a lot of things that are normally not punishable. In addition you can still flawless block after parry and gives you a much better chance to do so on certain strings. Since you get reaction time to do it instead of doing it raw. Also it works on lows contrary to the move list.

Here's a combo in the one with the cut:

JI1, B22, 34 into Cut which does 25% for now. I haven't been finding too much outside of that but yeah, that's something.

Midscreen for Honored Osh-Tek and the Totemic tournament variations:
  1. 34, DF2 (18%) 34, DF2MB (22%)
  2. 34, BF4 (19%), 34, BF4MB (20%)
  3. F12, DF2 (13%)
  4. F12, BF4 (17%)
Corner:
  1. 221, D1x2, 12 DF2 (24%)
  2. 221, D1x22, 12 DF2MB (27%)
  3. F122KB, D1x2, 12 DF2 (29), MBed (32%)
  4. F112KB, D1x2, 34 DF2 (33%), MBed (35%)
Some general things to be concerned about in this variation:

Kotal Kahn whilst in Black Panther form is not grab immune and can be taken out of it by a throw, command throw, punish, or any regular attack or special move. He has no special immunity in it whatsoever making this move not a great thing to throw out unless you are confident enough to know what you want with it. While he doesn't have the Kahn-cut in these variations, he does get the totem which can be stacked up to 5 times (One pillar can be stacked up to 3 while another smaller one can be stacked up to two, still testing to see if possible for all 5 to be stacked in one). He also receives DF2 or Mehtizquia cut which is going to be your typical combo ender in most cases (unless you want to substitute it for the blood totem set-up for lesser damage momentarily but overall bigger damage in the long-run). His DB4 while slow in start-up has an amazing long range and can be used for keep away or to meter burned for a hard knockdown. Warning: be wary of using this move as it can be punished with it's initial slow start-up and bad recovery frames (in normal or meter burned versions).

More stuff to come but for now, I think I will continue to see if I can find more stuff with him. Any Kotal Kahn mains who I can @ to see if this correlates with what they've seen or done thus far?

Last edited:

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
I dont know if anyone else has notice but kotal kahn gets a damage buff if he is in his own sunoight. Its very specific but if you can corner a opponent and set it up you add an extra 15% damage too any combo.

I dont know if anyone else has notice but kotal kahn gets a damage buff if he is in his own sunoight. Its very specific but if you can corner a opponent and set it up you add up to 15% more damage on any combo.
I found this out yesterday but didn't really pay attention to it until now. Huge for his corner game as he can get some good stuff combined with the totem. Nice find.

Edit: From what I just tested off of a 122, when I inputed 122 by itself, it did 11%. With the sunlight in the corner, it added 4% making it 15%. I will continue testing to see if it adds more damage the longer you stay in it or is it just for the one time you're in the sun.

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
Yeah its nutty if you can set it as it turns the sun god combos listed above into like 51% combos cus you get the damage buff and the sun burn damage

Holy cow!

just did Sunlight into B22, 34xDF2 in the corner in practice mode and got 38% combo for something by itself would give me 25%. That's a 13% increase in damage for the non-MB version with the MBed version, I got 40%! Shouts-out to @Ravensbaine for that helpful tidbit of information. Just imagine using the blood totem with this set-up honestly.

You should look up the forums on Steam. They stated balance and frame changes, is it a different patch then? They are working on a second one atm though

They fall SO fast after B22 I legit cannot chain a string after it. Also 3,4 isn't special cancellable. Guessing PC is still pretty behind in patches?

At least this means that Kotal will become only better. I really want to dig into his stuff this time around. Maybe their patch notes are as bugged as the tutorial section