What's new

General/Other - Sun God Kotal Kahn - A closer Look

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
@Pterodactyl

You sure? In that gif you posted, it shows him do that special I was talking about, THEN he summons the light with a different animation.
The parry gives him a charge, so he can summon the light beam on command later.

---

If you're talking directly to me, then i advise you should tag me its easy just type @Eddy Wang, otherwise i would probably not going to notice this post

If you have already stated out all this before i'm sorry, i haven't seen it, and its kind of hard to look for info in parts of posts than on a single place.
Now i question this, what did i posted that is a normal aspect of the variation?
Oh, I was talking about the universal moves.

I was wondering why you put them in here, since they aren't specific to Sun God.

Sorry, i haven't seen it, and its kind of hard to look for info in parts of posts than on a single place.

All of the main info on his three variations are on the very first page of the Kotal Kahn GD.

I should probably have a mod change that threads name to "Kotal Kahn General Discussion and Information Thread" since I shifted it more towards "What We Know" a good while ago.

I keep the main post as up to date as possible as well, i've even added some more combo gifs today.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I do think this thread is important, though, or it will be once NRS stops being so (understandably) stingy with gameplay and details...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The parry gives him a charge, so he can summon the light beam on command later.

---

Oh, I was talking about the universal moves.

I was wondering why you put them in here, since they aren't specific to Sun God.

All of the main info on his three variations are on the very first page of the Kotal Kahn GD.

I should probably have a mod change that threads name to "Kotal Kahn General Discussion and Information Thread" since I shifted it more towards "What We Know" a good while ago.

I keep the main post as up to date as possible as well, i've even added some more combo gifs today.
I understand.

The universal moves are in all variations, i show them a very first time on the first thread i do this for a character, if for example i create a war god thread i wont show them anymore, but i will still list them, so the ppl that havent seen the sun god thread would keep track of it.

You should, change the name for general discussions then, every character should have them at this point.

@Eddy Wang, can you do more of these breakdowns? especially this one had some stuff i never noticed before. id like to hear about the other Kotal and Sub Versions. thanks if you do so.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang, can you do more of these breakdowns? especially this one had some stuff i never noticed before. id like to hear about the other Kotal and Sub Versions. thanks if you do so.
Its really complex, to go for blood god, whitout knowing which totem gives meter building buff, and there is one i don't even know what's is that for.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The other totem probably gives damage reduction, if I had to guess
Yes.
Skull-look a like totem - damage reduction buff
Chest cutting - damage output buff
Snake totem -??? Probably meter building buff
Glow like move in his hands - not sure what that does

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
in the War God variation he's more of a footsie because he possesses that aztec sword that guives him more range.that helps him deal a pretty decent damage.
some of his move set are still in there like:
Air command grab
Palm Uppercut.
the new moves from War God variation:
sword sweep(an ordinary sweep)

the razor rub(he stretches his arms and pierces the blade on your shoulders and rubs it of violently...me I call it "Rrrrasg"(witch is the sound of a chainsaw ripping your flesh apart tissue by tissue),it also has good tracking but very punishable if wiffed.)
im the only one who thinks that moveset has a slow startup,

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
in the War God variation he's more of a footsie because he possesses that aztec sword that guives him more range.that helps him deal a pretty decent damage.
some of his move set are still in there like:
Air command grab
Palm Uppercut.
the new moves from War God variation:
sword sweep(an ordinary sweep)

the razor rub(he stretches his arms and pierces the blade on your shoulders and rubs it of violently...me I call it "Rrrrasg"(witch is the sound of a chainsaw ripping your flesh apart tissue by tissue),it also has good tracking but very punishable if wiffed.)

my opinion War God will be good against zoners.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes.
Skull-look a like totem - damage reduction buff
Chest cutting - damage output buff
Snake totem -??? Probably meter building buff
Glow like move in his hands - not sure what that does
If I had to guess... Damage reduction, damage output, chip reduction, chip output.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Update 07/08/ 2014: Chest cutting is not variation specific, is a universal move.

Chest Cutting (Damage buff)
Kotal cuts off his chest and loses some health on the process, but increases his damage output temporary, any attack dealt to the opponent is also summed with aditional damage kotal took when he did cuts off his chest.

Here is Sun God performing a chest cutting

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So... Chest cut combo into "Sunny D" heal?
Lemme do 25% health loss, then cram you with a 75% combo, then heal it all back.