What's new

Kotaku Asks "The Big Question" ... Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter II?

I personally liked MK2 more. Even back then in the days I thought that SF2 was the better game overall and I appreciated it, because of that, but there were never the WOOOOW moments as with the early MK games. When I played Noob Saibot for the first time, my jaw dropped big time.

Tim Static

Adminerator
SF2 is so much better than MK1, its funny they're even asking.

SF2 is better than MK1-MK2, MK4-MK9, combined times 1,000,000.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
SF2 is so much better than MK1, its funny they're even asking.

SF2 is better than MK1-MK2, MK4-MK9, combined times 1,000,000.
Disagree with it being better MK4. ST is better than all those games combined though.

I thought SF2 sucked balls. And I say this as a person who loves ST.

i think sf2 was the first fighter i played, so sf does have a spot in my heart. i didnt get into mk until deadly alliance or deception(garbage compared to the 2d mk games). i pick mk2 or any of the various versions of mk3 over sf2 though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Disagree with it being better MK4. ST is better than all those games combined though.

I thought SF2 sucked balls. And I say this as a person who loves ST.
Yea but comparing it to ST isn't fair. We're comparing SF2 to MK. Its like comparing MK1 to MK2 or even UMK3. Its just....lopsided. lol

Hard choice both are special to me but gotta go with MK i played SF2 my first fighting game and was like cool but when i played MK it was like WOW MK just had a bigger impact on me
Missed out on SF3 didn't care for the 3D MK games played SF4 and was like this is pretty tight played MK9 and was like holy s**t did you see that SF is good totally different but just don't got that WOW factor that MK has