What's new

Korean College Gamer dies after 12 hours of Gaming...

BOSSETTE

Noob
Yeah, there was a similar situation with another guy (who happens to be Korean as well) that died from playing Warcraft for (I forget how many) hours.
It's sad.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i can see this happening alot more often lol

the way i was feeling on the sunday of NECXI. i didnt eat properly, i didnt sleep much at all. my heart started racing oddly, thats why i left early. i ended up being sick for 2 weeks after. so come winter brawl im eating and sleeping a lot more.

clearly something else happened other then just 12 hours of gaming, dude must of had been playing a lot more. almost every one at NEC was playing for far more hours then 12. i myself played 19 hours straight on saturday LOL

Dark_Rob

Noob
Wow thats wild. I didnt know you could die from playing games. AC1984 and I did about 18 hours straight of UMK3 once. We were somewhat hungry after but certainly nowhere near death.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

the way i was feeling on the sunday of NECXI. i didnt eat properly, i didnt sleep much at all. my heart started racing oddly, thats why i left early. i ended up being sick for 2 weeks after. so come winter brawl im eating and sleeping a lot more.

clearly something else happened other then just 12 hours of gaming, dude must of had been playing a lot more. almost every one at NEC was playing for far more hours then 12. i myself played 19 hours straight on saturday LOL
Yeah, when your heart starts beating oddly that's a sign of your body trying to tell you something lol. I get that from anxiety(it's a bitch and very uncomfortable feeling)

If I ever travelled regardless of where, I'd make sure to bring snacks, yum yums and drinks lol(not alcoholic) lol Only other issue at times is when you have to pee real bad while in a game lol

Boss, that's kind of scary in a way that both were Korean? Or could be a hell of a coincidence...

When MK D came out, I took off work for a week and played from 2pm day of release-6am the next morning lol slept about 10+hours til next afternoon and did it again lol....only the first few days though because I was so hyped for it.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This is terrible news...my condolences to the family of the deceased gamer. May he rest in peace.

But there seriously has to be something going on here. As a gamer myself, I have played LONG periods of God knows how many games for about twenty years now and not once have I ever fallen ill from it. The only condition I can think of that would be agitated by extended gaming periods would be those related to epilepsy. I have a cousin myself who struggled with such a condition (not fun to see). But other than that, I really fail to comprehend how gaming could cause DEATH of all things.

It could just be me, but I never suffered sickness from extended gaming. Possibly because I'm a hardcore gamer? Or maybe it's my immune system (I have NOT fallen ill for about five years now, which is rather odd). I don't know if it's the same for anybody else here.

I think the Korean gamer may have had an obscure condition that went undetected by doctors for too long now. It's really the only rational explanation I can think of, because dying from extended gaming periods just doesn't register with me. I don't buy it.

MKF30

This is terrible news...my condolences to the family of the deceased gamer. May he rest in peace.

But there seriously has to be something going on here. As a gamer myself, I have played LONG periods of God knows how many games for about twenty years now and not once have I ever fallen ill from it. The only condition I can think of that would be agitated by extended gaming periods would be those related to epilepsy. I have a cousin myself who struggled with such a condition (not fun to see). But other than that, I really fail to comprehend how gaming could cause DEATH of all things.

It could just be me, but I never suffered sickness from extended gaming. Possibly because I'm a hardcore gamer? Or maybe it's my immune system (I have NOT fallen ill for about five years now, which is rather odd). I don't know if it's the same for anybody else here.

I think the Korean gamer may have had an obscure condition that went undetected by doctors for too long now. It's really the only rational explanation I can think of, because dying from extended gaming periods just doesn't register with me. I don't buy it.
Yeah, chances are he didn't go to the doctor and it's no secret that foreign countries have inferior healthcare to our own in the usa(let's hope it stays that way)

My friend btw, well my friend's GF but she's my friend too...has a few issues and epileptic seizures....so she could not play certain vid games or watch certain movies with too much flashing lights, strobe light effects etc or she'll twitch and have one. I agree, not fun to see....Last year on my B-day, we all went out and she was there...we went cosmic bowling and she had one, they just started it automatically at midnight and non of us were aware of that on friday nights they do that....she started twitching and skaking, her BF had to carry her out....kind of tossed a monkey wrench into the B-day fun but all understandable. She took her meds and we went to shoot pool afterwards, she was ok later on.

Then later that night my other friend passed out from too much drinking and got sick...so yeah lol quite a memorable birthday last year.....

There was definitely something else going on with this kid that he and his family weren't aware of obviously...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've played games for longer hours straight than that, more than once or twice too. I remember playing Halo 2 when I first got online for 2 days straight with only stopping for bathroom breaks.

same here.

MKF30

Yeah, most of us have played games if not MK for just as long if not longer lol so to sum it up. There was something else up with him, who knows...could have been drugs too for all we know...