What's new

"Konvocação" - My hands-on impressions, in-game tests results and more

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've been really dissecting everything you've wrote about Geras. Compared to other character's pokes speeds, he's a BEAST. Again, THANK YOU for this. I've theory crafted a ton of strategies with him already but this additional info just confirms that this is absolutely a character I'll use. Any kind of info like this is golden, especially for a character like Geras who many people are ignoring.

Now I'm just super curious to know the startup speed and disadvantage on block for F4 (flying knee), B2 (Sledgehammer), and F1 (Shoulder Tackle).

One quick thing too. You're saying that F2xxSandTrap is safe? I thought Sand Trap was super punishable up close? Am I misunderstanding something?

That looks like DB1. He was talking about DB2, Big Fist.

kcd117

Noob
I've been really dissecting everything you've wrote about Geras. Compared to other character's pokes speeds, he's a BEAST. Again, THANK YOU for this. I've theory crafted a ton of strategies with him already but this additional info just confirms that this is absolutely a character I'll use. Any kind of info like this is golden, especially for a character like Geras who many people are ignoring.

Now I'm just super curious to know the startup speed and disadvantage on block for F4 (flying knee), B2 (Sledgehammer), and F1 (Shoulder Tackle).

One quick thing too. You're saying that F2xxSandTrap is safe? I thought Sand Trap was super punishable up close? Am I misunderstanding something?

From what I remember f1 was huge (his best footsie normal) at 17 ish frames startup and -7, his B2 was 15ish startup but had some issues in combos, his f32 flying knee string was excellent for stagger and looked like ir had some low crushing properties as it was going over sonya’s d3 pretty clean (sonya’s d3 looked awful so it may be just that lol)and started at 12 ish too, second hit was not an OH tho. His sand trap is unsafe, really negative, now his sand fist is safe at -7 so you could always cancel into it (it was a high tho).

I forgot to mention he has a special jump in like bane, jid2. Jid2 and j2 were very good to start pressure bc both seemed to have a lot of active frames (j2 looked a lot like a toned down version of kotal’s j1). His jump in kicks didn’t seem really good at first. His j1 was good air to air. His d2 was not that good, it has good vertical hitbox but almost no horizontal hitbox. D4 was pretty good for people whiffing jump ins as it allowed me to confirm into f21 bf2. S1 was decent anti air but not against the better jump ins. His wakeups are decent too, u3 seems like a very toned down version of sketor’s dd2, and is pretty fast but the hitbox is very short, u2 is the balrog dp, a fast launcher that covers a good distance and recovers very fast. I didn’t get punished for any of these so I assumed they were safe but they may not be.

Last edited:

Mr.Bruno

Noob

F3 is 11 frames (flying knee)
f1 i think is 14 frames
b2 i think is 17 frames