What's new

Konfirmed stages

Pizza

Thrill Kill
In the dungeon/lab stage you can see some sketches on one of the walls that may hint that Motaro/centaurs possibly have had body modifications.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The leaked clip revealing Motaro and Reiko ends with Li Mei and Reiko about to start fighting. They stopped showing just as the camera starts positioning for gameplay.

I'm almost 100% sure the stage where they're about to fight is a daytime version of this:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So now we have seen a darker windy version of the Living Forest, a daylight version of the mountain temple and a new mountain pass type stage?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
So is this another Living Forest variant or an entirely new stage?

In any case, I'm happy to see so much stage variety!
I think it's not an exact variant on that stage (as the two variants shown so far have identical placement of things positioning wise, but just the look, lighting and weather is different), whereas this is an entirely different layout.

I imagine they get attacked shortly after the scene of them walking in the forest, and the 'chaos energy' or Quan Chi energy destroys this section of the forest, resulting in this version of the stage where the trees look burnt etc.

Kokoko

Somehow
So is this another Living Forest variant or an entirely new stage?
As noted earlier, this is a new stage should be. The remains of a building can be seen in the background, while no buildings can be seen in the Living Forest.

Yeah I'm going with new stage and we've seen 3 "new" ones:
  • Chaosrealm / Seido forest
  • Lost Tomb
  • Flesh Pits
4 left to be revealed :)

So I was wrong, it's corrupted Living Forest. Really great news! Also the sunny Sindel's Throne Room and day version of the Outworld Docks stage are amazing looking. A little disappointing for the Throne Room is that now the other version feels like it maybe should've been a rainy thunderstorm version like Shang Tsung's in 9. Would've been amazing. At least the stage looks much more interesting as the regular version was just ehhh to me. This sunshine coming through, kind of sunrise / sunset.