What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - REUNION SPECIAL!

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
After almost 4 long months, the Kombat Tomb Podcast returns for a reunion show! On this special episode we discuss the current climate of the MK9 scene, recent tournament results, past predictions, Kitana, Sektor, MLG, the Matrix, Star Wars, Slips' women, Bears vs Gorillas, 16 Bit's beard, and so much more. So kick back and join us one more time for over 4 hours of KTP!

Mp3 Version: http://kiwi6.com/file/0ofcm4o55b or http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9i9ru

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb
Mp3 Archive: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast

Attachments

Tolkeen

/wrists
The feeling that I have inside right now can only be compared to having a family pet that goes missing for a few years only to show up at your door with a newspaper in its mouth from another state.

THIS is the best thing about MK.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
31:00 in

Clint the beast DOES NOT give the love he deserves, Why?

Because he doesnt visit any stream, doesnt visit TYM, MKU or any site, pod casts, etc.

His freddy gives me hella hell to deal with and only his.

LBSH - Pig, Clint, Pokchop, Tyler and Atl are coming for blood at Dallas....except the whiny ones. They'll go 1-2

BTW Clint is now Online on ps3

drift221

Shocking Your System
LBSH - Pig, Clint, Pokchop, Tyler and Atl are coming for blood at Dallas....except the whiny ones. They'll go 1-2

BTW Clint is now Online on ps3
ATL vs H- Town 5 vs 5 ?
Edit: the trade federation own the supply lines for the galaxy. They own the ships docks ports. The blockade was a shipping blockade on all goods

YRemY

Noob
Slips and 16 Bit are right. Tekken possessed this amazing, pervasive atmosphere up until the 4th game. Even its silly moments felt incredibly stoic with a heavy WDGAF overtone. Now, they want you to give a F and that's exactly what I give it: A big, fat F for aesthetics and atmosphere. The music and story's never been the same since 3 either. Nothing was made obvious (you'd have to hunt a publication or some other external resource to gain a complete understanding of the story). The introduction of Ogre was a really clever way to reboot the cast too but that doesn't matter now. There was a time when I cared that Anna & Nina loved Tom & Jerry, that Lei Wulong collected Sony products, and that the Laws were heavily wary of Paul's driving. There was a time Harada cared too. The Tekken mythology was really going places but it crashed into a brick wall called Tekken 4 at 135 MPH. Oh well, at least Tag 2's balanced :/

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
What K7 said 2:17:46. About the whole Reptile thing, rather he's top 10 or just outside of it is debatable, But pretty good character certainly. He does get under played ALOT. In my personal opinion, Reptile and Liu Kang are 2 of the most balanced fighters in the game, but that's just me. I rep Baraka what do I know.

Was beyond awesome hearing the KTP crew again.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
16 bit. You can't say TTT2 sux with the completely broken state I find MK9 to be in at this point. While also admitting to really want to get into DOA which is about as plain character wise as you can get and has traditionally had rubbish game-play. (after NG3 I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the new one) But, that said you won't here me saying that Mk9 sux. It's an amazing and fun game all considered and I hope NRS have learnt from the problem's for the next entry in the series.

As for Tekken, yeah it may seem stale to some, but I still find it to be the most intuitive and deep fighting game series ever released. Don't need to fix what isn't broke. Just more refinement's which is exactly what they have done with this new entry and delivered a good game. (the online mode for example is easily the best I have ever played) NRS would do well to learn from this instead of rewriting the game and character moveset's... every damn release....

I do agree the storyline has been complete shit since Harada took the helm and as they have just delivered the ultimate Tekken it's really time for a reboot next game.... Harada has even gone on record to say he didn't even think tekken could have a real storyline, which is horseshit. Tekken 2 especially had a kick ass atmosphere....

Anyway for slip's to address the Devil situation. From a storyline standpoint In T4 Kazuya's ending demonstrated that he had now taken control of the devil and unified their power. This explain's why in the Tekken tag series he is able to morph freely.

According to Harada Jin is still completely unable to control the devil within (ignore bloodline rebellion which is an alt timeline). Hence they are essentially different character's. The tag situation is funny as they aren't however supposed to occupy the same place at the same time. The nature of tag is it's a dream match game anyway so, meh.

Gameplaywise It seem's pretty obvious. Apparently Devil was not originally considered as part of this roster

After-all TTT2 is pure fan service, so when people clamored for devil's return in this game Harada took the route of expanding on the Kazuya character (which devil was just derivative of anyway) I do admit angel's inclusion is kind of an odd choice in light of this where they could have just given her a devil palette swap at the least.

However I think it's a good tradeoff and give's Kaz a certain uniqueness in the roster as they are the same character anyway really. I don't think Jin should ever be able to change or morph at will. Kazuya was the original, and hopefully they expand on this idea in future numbered versions of the franchise.

Anyway I definitely also want to see a reboot after this. or at least tie up everything in 7 and then reboot. If anything they need to freshen thing's up a bit and half the roster (at least)..

Hmm I went off a bit there, but was good hearing you guy's again and hope there are occasional revisit's in the future. There has honestly been a big hole in the MK podcast space since you left which I feel only OBS has come any where close too filling....