What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 40 with Zyphox

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Wait flash arrow 5-5?

Zyphox come on man
i can't interrupt d1 arrow, anti air his J3, do anything special against savage blast, useless arrows beats f3 cross up in the corner. i think that if the GA player has great defense he can hold his own in the MU imo.

Skellington

Banned
Can you guys start putting in time stamps? There's 3 and a half hours of content but no frame of reference. Emperor DMS puts time stamps in for his podcast and it is much more enjoyable that way. just a suggestion

LEGEND

YES!
i can't interrupt d1 arrow, anti air his J3, do anything special against savage blast, useless arrows beats f3 cross up in the corner. i think that if the GA player has great defense he can hold his own in the MU imo.
i actually think its slight GA favor for those reasons + GA's defense is just too good.

GA is the hardest character in the game to get in on with Flash, and on top of that when you do get in if GA blocks a LK (like after D12 or F2) you have to hold a 50/50 or risk backdashing out

seriously, fuck savage blast

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i actually think its slight GA favor for those reasons + GA's defense is just too good.

GA is the hardest character in the game to get in on with Flash, and on top of that when you do get in if GA blocks a LK (like after D12 or F2) you have to hold a 50/50 or risk backdashing out

seriously, fuck savage blast
So harder to get in on that Zod, Sinestro, GL, Aquaman? No way.

LEGEND

YES!
So harder to get in on that Zod, Sinestro, GL, Aquaman? No way.
deciding who's the hardest to get in on out of this group is splitting hairs

They all have really good defensive options and keep away, GA is right there with em if not actually the hardest

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
"Muffin muggers is he still around???"
Lmao

But then I was not ready for this

"MKU what's that is that place still around"
Lmfao

But then even better

"Didn't pig kill MKU or something"
I died lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lol

Damn zyphox I'm sorry lol great call out though

Flash of america Harold and zyphox

......free

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Unnecessarily long post regarding Joker and his representative community.
To be honest, I consider myself unable to use Joker to his fullest potential, so I kinda agree with @GGA Slips' statement about us to be honest. This is my first fighting game that I got really into, but I'm trying to put the time in to improve and develop fundamentals. @Qwark28 probably is close, @Gilbagz does very well also, as well as some online warriors like @Notez4 and @EMP Dark, but several of us really need to level up still (myself, @The_PantyChrist, @Fromundaman, @OnlineRon91 and a few others I'm probably forgetting).
The character isn't nearly as bad as the community thinks he is, but he is INCREDIBLY difficult to play. You need to adjust to matchups in so many different ways to make them playable (partially due to some of the issues/bug that NRS never fixed), his execution is pretty tough for his higher level stuff, and he still struggles heavily against good zoning/space control.
Also, regarding parry, the parry element is decent, but the active frames on it are still super short, and it's a big problem because you'll make a sick read and still get hit because it only parries for a around 10 frames. Additionally, the buff offers very little benefit, making combos more difficult to execute and just lets you spam jumps a bit more readily. Maybe it's just counter-intuitive in that most traits in this game seem to improve combo potential and this simply functions to aid the neutral game a bit? Still, the risk-reward on using a parry considering the poor active frames and implausibility of landing multiple parries to actually build the buff make it very impractical.
But if you get people in BGBs or open them up in the corner, Joker can demolish you, with only a few characters able to do anything about it. His footsies are decent using d2 and flower for spacing, his strings are pretty much all safe/advantage, and he has probably the best air normals in the game. This makes him hard to place in a tier list, as @GGA 16 Bit was saying regarding Hawkgirl and Cyborg. How do you place someone that might loose in the neutral game in some matchups, but they can Cyrax-style kill you on certain stages of in the corner if he opens you up? It's one of the reasons that I'm so interested in this game and this character, and why I've been holding on to the hope for so long. I'm putting together a big guide video going through everything with the character and his tech/strategies, and I'm hoping it generates more interest in him. He's super hype to watch, and I really want to see more people that are better players than myself pick him up!
But seriously, fuck all these 50/50 vortexes... :rolleyes:
:joker:

Last edited:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Hey, you were an online warrior for 10 years.. mkd/mka/mkdc/ finally goes to a tourney.. I guess i have 2 more years before i make my appearance :)

Anyways, back on topic.. Zyphox, you dam man.

I don't argue that its probably an even match, but are you sure you can't Anti Air his J3? I fight a flash player online named Kneegrowp1z every once in a while who blows me up for trying to abuse it pretty damn consistently.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
God I wish I had recordings, I may from old device. I'll check

But basically used empty jumps. Ground spike won't hit and free punish w shackle. My vortex didn't cost any meter , trait bait cancel MB b3s, jump back 1 slide punish, punish whiff full screen slides and dashes w b13 combo, d2 her air stuff .
That's because you never played the #1 Kf. #Robelloclaude