What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 38 with AK/EMPR Saltface

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I don't care what anyone says... Famke Jannsen's intense look as Dark Phoenix was fucking epic and I loved all of the X-Men movies.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
To me "First Class" was by far the best X-Men film. And the villains were cool in the movie. I've never liked Sabastian Shaw in the comics. But Kevin Bacon played that Gillian really well. And Nightcrawler father was badass when he took out those guards.

I was fine with how quick relationship between Eric and Charles. The chemistry between the two actors pulled it off. That was good enough. And the scene with the satellite is what pulled it off.

First class>X2>X1>Last stand.

And Transformers 2 was an abomination.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't care what anyone says... Famke Jannsen's intense look as Dark Phoenix was fucking epic and I loved all of the X-Men movies.

We almost died on the way to KIT because Jeremiah wanted to see the picture of Famke Jannsen on the dvd box

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Great episode, was good to hear some Harley stuff. That new intro song is so damn good.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I hear Kim Jong Un doesn't like X-men: First Class.

Yeah, don't wanna be that guy. Maybe watch it again from a perspective that doesn't reek of communism?

Kevlang

Noob
I love this podcast even more than I already did after trying to listen to WCW and LBSH...

@K7L33THA deserves a lot of props for the production value he adds. I think we take it for granted. He manages to provide the intro, editing, and a show format that's been entertaining for almost 40 episodes (plus KTP specials and commentary tracks).

I tried listening to these other podcasts, and all I kept thinking was how much I'd rather listen to a rerun of KTP.

@GGA 16 Bit & @GGA Slips get props too, I guess... ;)

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hahaha nice. I actually think that Joker is better than Scorps as well. That said, I am one of those scrubs with not much MU experience against him that would probably get blown up by gimmicks... unless I blow him up with mine first lol.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
And regarding the X-Men movies.... LNSOCH.... they're all pretty bad, especially if you a comic purist in any shape or form, in which case ranking them is like ranking your favorite varieties of shit.
FFS, X-Men "First Class" doesn't even feature the FIRST CLASS of the X-men universe, which is Angel, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beat, and Iceman. They screwed the timeline up so badly in all of these movies that it's just irrelevant. And Jesus Christ... Last Stand.... NOTHING was done right. NNNOOOTTTTHHHIIINNGGGGGGGGG.
The only good Marvel movies out are those actually done by Marvel Studios, who actually stick to the characters relatively well and deliver a reasonably solid plot and great action, and are constructing a really awesome universe. The sooner they get the rights back to X-Men, (oh God PLEASE) Spiderman, and the others, the better.