What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 38 with AK/EMPR Saltface

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I agree I haven't listened yet but all x men movies have been ass

The best x men movie IMO by far is first class

On the guest:
So awesome that you had Saltface on. Dude seems super chill and I'm glad to see him be successful. Character loyalists bring hype and his Harley is incredible to watch. Did he ever get to explain his handle/gamertag?

On X-Men movie debate:

Unfortunately I agree. X-men movies do not hold up well and got propped up out of the sheer novelty of being some of the forerunners in successful comic movies before Marvel got their shit together and threw their hat into the ring and the Nolan Batman movies came out. There are some high points but largely Fox has fucked up the X-Men series and it's in a serious state of identity crisis and I'm not convinced Days of Future Past is going to right the ship. I can't rank them without going back to re-watch all of them but X3 and Wolverine Origins were total shitfests.

On X-Men the arcade game:

The right answer here is

Also doubles as my character I'd main in an X-Men fighting game. Second pick would be Psylocke.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Cyclops would be my main.

Always has been my favourite. Shame that in the more current generation he has totally taken a backseat to Wolverine.

Cyclops and Pheonix storyline was so god damn good.

That reminds me, I should really buy that collaboration.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
"If there was a X-Men fighting game..."

X-Men Children of the Atom
X-Men Next Dimension
X-Men Mutant Academy
X-Men Mutant Academy 2

Hell MvC2 is primarily an X-Men game once you're good at it.

:|

Edit: Gambit isn't in COTA.
Toad and Phoenix were so baller in Mutant Academy.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA

X-Men Next Dimension
X-Men Mutant Academy
X-Men Mutant Academy 2

Hell MvC2 is primarily an X-Men game once you're good at it.

:|

Edit: Gambit isn't in COTA.
I meant clone wars the scrolling game fighting game on genesis. Old age catching up to me lol.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
I didn't explain my tag in the podcast so I'll tell you guys here.

It was during my beginning days playing Street Fighter in tournament (back then I was ass lol) & I always got super salty whenever I lost or something just didn't go my way. So one Final Round my friends enter me under the name SaltFace as a way of making fun of my temper issues at the time.

As time went on & on I became much calmer, a better player, & turned that name meant as a joke althrough Atlanta to a name that is now feared in competition. I kept the name so I always remember where I came from & how people used to think of me.

My name now stands for the reactions I give players after I defeat them.

Here is my stance on the X-men movies. X2, and First Class are the only watchable ones in the series. They are so bad as a whole, I wish they had never come out. X-men SHOULD be a series that sits proudly in your movie collections right next to the Star Wars Trilogy, the Indiana Jones Trilogy, LotR etc... Instead they are awful.

If they had never came out and the very first X-men movie was coming out this year and done right I think everyone would prefer that scenario as opposed to the piles that we got.

I didn't explain my tag in the podcast so I'll tell you guys here.

It was during my beginning days playing Street Fighter in tournament (back then I was ass lol) & I always got super salty whenever I lost or something just didn't go my way. So one Final Round my friends enter me under the name SaltFace as a way of making fun of my temper issues at the time.

As time went on & on I became much calmer, a better player, & turned that name meant as a joke althrough Atlanta to a name that is now feared in competition. I kept the name so I always remember where I came from & how people used to think of me.

My name now stands for the reactions I give players after I defeat them.
Lies. . . it is still the original meaning

skahwt

Noob
I'm shocked to see so many people like First Class. Any movie that ends a montage with a character saying; "We've learned so much in a week!" cannot be defended.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Here is my stance on the X-men movies. X2, and First Class are the only watchable ones in the series. They are so bad as a whole, I wish they had never come out. X-men SHOULD be a series that sits proudly in your movie collections right next to the Star Wars Trilogy, the Indiana Jones Trilogy, LotR etc... Instead they are awful.

If they had never came out and the very first X-men movie was coming out this year and done right I think everyone would prefer that scenario as opposed to the piles that we got.
thanku lord Jeremiah,u are free to enjoy yourself although u are not allowed to tap the b button because u mentioned lord of the rings.the Lotr trilogy like the xmen films are complete and utter garbage.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Your X-men debate is pointless as none of the movies are truly "good", they just range from mediocre to "At least this wasn't X3..." to "Oh god this IS X3!".

To change this we as consumers need to stop giving them our money to make shitty movies so that Marvel can get the rights back and make a good X-men movie now that they finally got their shit together.
Actually, the same applies to Fantastic 4 and Spiderman, especially Spiderman... Please stop letting them make money off of shitty Spiderman movies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm like 1000000% against 16bit's opinions on First Class. First 3 X Men are shit gay rights analogies with like mediocre acting. FC's acting and emotion is so much above the rest. I don't even care for XMen as a series but that movie is almost as good as the Batman trilogy for me.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
This week on KTP we are joined by the undisputed "Harley Quinn of the World" @AK SaltFace. We recount the huge KIT tournament and his placing 3rd at the event. Also we get in depth on his character and what drew him to her. Plus a heated debate discussing the X-men feature films that you don't want to miss. Enjoy this episode of the Kombat Tomb Podcast. AND coming soon - you asked for it, our second movie commentary track featuring...MK: Annihilation.

Mp3 version: http://kiwi6.com/file/wbld7hednb
or http://www.2shared.com/audio/UeLmo79Y/KTP_-_Episode_38.html

If you enjoy our podcast and would like to support it, pick up our new shirt AVAILABLE HERE and rep KTP at a tourney!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb
Mp3 Archives: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast2013
Older shows: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast
Thank you kind sirs for the nice entertainment you gave me on tommrrows train ride to & from work. I caught up on all the shows and am listening to @Emperor DMS need podcast now :p

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The crucial mistake KTP made was they treated Origins like it actually exists.

I'm pretty sure we've all agreed that movie never happened.

Just like Green Lantern...

Also anyone hear that Channing Tatum as Gambit thing? Worst choice for Gambit ever, even the guy who played Tim Riggins who played Gambit in that film that doesn't exist is a better choice.

Also @GGA 16 Bit is right about X3 being alright, and the Dark Phoenix thing being fine. But your thing about having Mags and Xavier debating, Future Past is your best shot, it's going to be the first movie where humanity is the enemy, and that's what X-Men is all about! It's a future where Magneto is right!
X2 is the bomb just because Cyclops got merked. And Nightcrawler.

X-Men Next Dimension
X-Men Mutant Academy
X-Men Mutant Academy 2
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter?

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
X-Men 1 and 2 were awesome, with 2 being my personal favorite. 3 had cool effects, but that was about it, and they ruined Phoenix's design and Storm was just there to get bodied the whole movie since they cut out the parts where she actually kicked ass. First Class was ok, but forgettable.

Also, proper X-Men fighter? I'd main Storm and Phoenix :)