What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 33 with SonicFox5000

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
A new week means another new Kombat Tomb Podcast. This time we are joined by a young fighting game prodigy who has had tournament success in multiple games. SonicFox5000 joins us to talk about the upcoming huge tournament NEC and what his expectations are there. We also touch on his Injustice and MK9 mains Batgirl and Mileena plus various other characters. Oh and we talk about some weird stuff too. Enjoy KTP number 33.

Mp3 version: http://kiwi6.com/file/8kqa3n5ucy

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb
Mp3 Archives: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast2013
Older shows: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast

Attachments

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Elaborate?
Well the punishment damage statement wasn't really accurate. Character dependent maybe, but making a right read leads to good damage for most characters. If seth/akuma/sakura/cammy even ryu will make you pay. Maybe not 50% like nrs games, but still good. Vega also has fine anti airs, s. RH, nj. RH. nj. FP, cr. FP, air throw. nj. RH are all solid it's just scenario based. As far as pace goes that is all opinion, some people like it some don't though, nothing wrong with that. Maybe it's because I play gief and I feel if i make a few good reads thats game but I could make that same statement about other characters. I think we are forgetting the dizzy factor as well as ultras. Other than that good podcast.

Last edited:

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Well the punishment damage statement wasn't really accurate. Character dependent maybe, but making a right read leads to good damage for most characters. If seth/akuma/sakura/cammy even ryu will make you pay. Maybe not 50% like nrs games, but still good. Vega also has fine anti airs, s. RH, nj. RH. nj. FP, cr. FP, air throw. nj. RH are all solid it's just scenario based. As far as pace goes that is all opinion, some people like it some don't though, nothing wrong with that. Maybe it's because I play gief and I feel if i make a few good reads thats game but I could make that same statement about other characters. Other than that good podcast
I can agree with what you say about punishment. You can get something like 20% into a hard knockdown which I can live with in that game. Especially with the characters you listed. I will agree to an extent about Vega's AA options though. Some characters have the perfect jump arc and priority on their moves that Vega has a super hard time AA'ing. Abel, Guy, Cody and some others its super hard for him to AA. When Vega gets to play the game and people have to be careful jumping at him I actually have a good time. But when he can't AA a nice chunk of characters in the game its super shitty. Even the scrubbiest Abel is a big pain in the ass. I don't mind the pace. I take that back if I criticized it. Its fine. And thanks. Always welcome a good debate. :)

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
SonicFox5000 's nonchalant nature:
"Honestly yeah"
"PL, DOA isn't the game for you"
etc. makes getting blown up from him humorous and fun. It's a shame this freshness can't be seen when others are typically blown up, as those bridges never get mended post-incident.

Fox, keep it up.....but you....prroooooobbly don't want to pop off after a win IRL. You're getting older so I'm guessing the saltier players will feel less and less guilty having a real life run back.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
*wakes up Christmas morning*
*looks under the Xmas tree w sheer anticipation"
*finds Pert Plus Shampoo and a Gallon of bacon shake*

*tears flow from his eyes*

*pig realizes Santa may not approve of bullying and this was repercussion for all those years of cage and kitana bullying"

*but then he looks up and sees a glorious Brand new black shirt, the blackest of them all and tears of sadness change to tears of happiness *

*santa knew pig was a good boy this year"

K7L33THA
GGA 16 Bit
GGA Slips

Last edited:

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I did win the most recent West Coast local which consisted of all the WNF guys (Tyrant, Slayer, Wonderchef, Krayzie, Legend) with Superman! I even frauded my way out against Krayzie with Aquaman in pools!

#propsfishing
#propsfisher
#fishingforprops
#16bitschoolofpropfishing

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker is a setup based character with decent footsie tools. He gets 48% midscreen with half a stage of wallcarry and 78% if you get a background bounce.

gdf

Noob
Major props for the space exploration discussion guys.

Despite it being a slow process, speaking up will get politicians to do what you want, and if the public advocates for space exploration, the parties being elected should make compromises to get us there.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Major props for the space exploration discussion guys.

Despite it being a slow process, speaking up will get politicians to do what you want, and if the public advocates for space exploration, the parties being elected should make compromises to get us there.
...... back in reality