What's new

Kombat League can suck a big fat vegan bacon horse manure sandwich

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Y'all just a bunch of grass eating hippies tbh

I also hate the point system in the KL, they want you to grind for a million hours and it sucks for those of us who aren't pros. Then you have to worry about getting into laggy matches, getting matched with plug pullers or just getting matched with Ninjakilla.

Fuck the league.
Lol! That chaos Cassie skin is in the demigod slot isn’t it?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
But when you are on the other side of this it's amazing. I met a player today close to two ranks above me and beat him, getting as many points as three regular matches. But the punishment for higher ranked player is too severe IMO.
Yeah i ranked down 2 demi gods over the weekend. As I get closer and closer to demi myself, I almost feel bad that I won those matches and they lost that many points lol.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Probably based on the W/L since he's close to 50/50 while the other guy is up several games percentage-wise. But the only thing that matters as far as the points you gain/lose in an Elo-style system is your rank, so that's what matters.

If you're in USCF chess and you lose to someone 500 points below you, you're going to lose a ton of points. If you beat them you only get marginal gains. You still have to play them, and sometimes there are upsets, but that's how it goes.

That would be fine, if KL lasted long enough for the ELO to even out. Some people, (like me today) will play KL for one day and just rip through the ranks. It sucks for the higher ranked people that lose points because of that weird incentive.
Also because it is so short, the system cannot be sure "where you belong" to any degree of certainty. The system doesn't know where you belong, it definitely doesn't know where your opponents belong, and it grants pretty crazy swings because of it.
They should probably have your ELO be constant across seasons in ranked (even when KL isn't active), so far as who you should play. Ideally, the rewards would be tied to something other than rank, but even if they just changed that one thing, I think people would like it a little better?
You shouldn't have someone who ranked high last season fight people who have never played online before. :-/

VELL1

Noob
Probably based on the W/L since he's close to 50/50 while the other guy is up several games percentage-wise. But the only thing that matters as far as the points you gain/lose in an Elo-style system is your rank, so that's what matters.

If you're in USCF chess and you lose to someone 500 points below you, you're going to lose a ton of points. If you beat them you only get marginal gains. You still have to play them, and sometimes there are upsets, but that's how it goes.
I understand how ELO works. But the system is obviously trying to match you with the people of your own skill as well. Even when I start from the beginning, I didn't really see anyone not being able to perform a combo. May be they were not good enough, but they were decent. In fact, I have yet to see a single person who is not close to 50% W/L. I think your W/L is always at 50/50.

I think the overall idea is to have ELO, but I also think it's different from it as well. Every time I was faced to lose 100 points, those people were at the very least my skill level is not higher. May be i'll go back to my history at see what's my W/L against people of lower skill ranking, but my feeling it's going to be 50/50.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I understand how ELO works. But the system is obviously trying to match you with the people of your own skill as well. Even when I start from the beginning, I didn't really see anyone not being able to perform a combo. May be they were not good enough, but they were decent. In fact, I have yet to see a single person who is not close to 50% W/L. I think your W/L is always at 50/50.

I think the overall idea is to have ELO, but I also think it's different from it as well. Every time I was faced to lose 100 points, those people were at the very least my skill level is not higher. May be i'll go back to my history at see what's my W/L against people of lower skill ranking, but my feeling it's going to be 50/50.
Elo doesn't determine who you match against. It just determines the result of one skill rating playing against another, however far apart they are. The matchmaking likely tries to match you of someone close to you rating with a decent connection -- but there's usually some tolerance, so that if it'll take too long to find a perfect match, you get someone a bit higher or lower.

This is perfectly normal and doesn't really deviate from the typical elo-style ranking system.