What's new

Kombat League can suck a big fat vegan bacon horse manure sandwich

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’m getting real tired of this disjointed wager shit. The frequency that this happens is total bullshit. And it’s not like I’m in a high rank or anything. But goddamn it sure makes it difficult to make any progress.

(Luckily I won this one, but that’s not always the case.)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Yeah, I found myself taking League too serious and getting mad. I dumped the League and went back to player matches and have had a lot more fun with the game again. Will probably go back once there are rewards for the two characters I actually play
I’d be even more mad if I took it seriously, lol. All I want is the skins, for completion sake. Got to Demi God no problem in season 1, but season 2 it’s constantly giving me these lower matchups and making it nearly impossible to progress. Gotta win 5 damn matches just to break even for one loss, and that’s ridiculous. (Literally... one day this happened 5 sets in a row).

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Pft y'all talking abt Vegan Bacon but when someone told me abt Vegan Sausages I was ready to just quad throw KB everyone in the room :DOGE
As someone who tends to focus more on a clean diet without much of an emphasis on red meat due to my family's medical history, even I know that there's lines that you shouldn't cross. And vegan "meat" is one of those lines. It's just...no.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lol, I think that some people aren't understanding how Elo works.

This is standard practice ranked math. It's not a 'wager'. If you're playing someone at skill tier below you, you are expected to win, and so you gain less if you win but lose more in a loss. Because if you're losing to people at Master rank, it's indicating mathematically that maybe you should be at Master instead of Grandmaster.

Likewise, if you were to play someone at Demi God, then you wouldn't lose much if you lost to them, but you'd gain a lot if you won.

There's nothing strange about it. It's just Elo.

VELL1

Noob
Lol, I think that some people aren't understanding how Elo works.

This is standard practice ranked math. It's not a 'wager'. If you're playing someone at skill tier below you, you are expected to win, and so you gain less if you win but lose more in a loss. Because if you're losing to people at Master rank, it's indicating mathematically that maybe you should be at Master instead of Grandmaster.

Likewise, if you were to play someone at Demi God, then you wouldn't lose much if you lost to them, but you'd gain a lot if you won.

There's nothing strange about it. It's just Elo.
He has 45% odds of winning though according to the picture. How does that work??

Overall I don't mind it too much, it's a bit frustrating. But if you play enough you'll end up at the level where you are supposed to be.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He has 45% odds of winning though according to the picture. How does that work??

Overall I don't mind it too much, it's a bit frustrating. But if you play enough you'll end up at the level where you are supposed to be.
Probably based on the W/L since he's close to 50/50 while the other guy is up several games percentage-wise. But the only thing that matters as far as the points you gain/lose in an Elo-style system is your rank, so that's what matters.

If you're in USCF chess and you lose to someone 500 points below you, you're going to lose a ton of points. If you beat them you only get marginal gains. You still have to play them, and sometimes there are upsets, but that's how it goes.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Also... This percentage thing that says if you are likely (or not) to win an upcoming set is stupid! They did this in mkx and they should get rid of it. I'm in for hiding everything. Just match up, ping, type of connection and it's over.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Also... This percentage thing that says if you are likely (or not) to win an upcoming set is stupid! They did this in mkx and they should get rid of it. I'm in for hiding everything. Just match up, ping, type of connection and it's over.
yep, agree, this shit is a psychology turn off, that indulge people to fuck off matches online, plugging the cable out, or just refusing matches on purpose, hehe .... seriously, nobody asked for this, and nobody need this on MK games, NRS ! :confused:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I think it has to do with character matchups as well. I do really well against kahn mirrors so the win% is like 70-30 when I play them.

If you go to your Kombat Kard online stats you can see how well you do against all characters. It’s based on 4 stars. So me fighting against shao it shows 4 stars on fire. Me playing against kollector has 2 stars and if they favor this character my win chance drops. This is only up when a KL season is active.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Y'all just a bunch of grass eating hippies tbh

I also hate the point system in the KL, they want you to grind for a million hours and it sucks for those of us who aren't pros. Then you have to worry about getting into laggy matches, getting matched with plug pullers or just getting matched with Ninjakilla.

Fuck the league.