What's new

Kombat Kast Recap 3/27/19

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
All three look super cool, honestly. But God dang the kung fu twins got me again. Kung Lao with all the kung fu goodness and Liu Kang looking like da biznezzzzz. Maining him (again) without a doubt!

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Even if its not officially the name for it, I'm gonna be referring to Jax's fatality as the Jax Bomber, to stick with the wrestling motif that he's got.

Great Kombat Kast. Really liked what i saw from the shaolin monks (Jax was alright too). Liu really surprised me. He looked so much better then i was expecting. The man seemed like a combo machine and pretty easy to use. He had 2 meterless launchers. One of them was his freaking back 2. But the reveal of the evening for me was the other shaolin monk. Holy shit did Kung Lao look awesome. Can't wait to try them both out.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Enjoyed it, KL looking OP yet again two spins in one combo...yeah lol. Jax is Jax. LK actually has my interest this time, been years since I've mained him but that teleport of his on a move lock has me tempted and his fast fireballs. To me I'm most excited about LK.

NOS4A2

Noob
I was bummed when Jax was announced because he wasnt what I liked in MKX. But...
God damn he looks magnificently fun. He is competing with Shang Tsung for the main of my heart now.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well, the characters were AWESOME.
But...But...
Dude.

B2 raw pop up starter
Stance with tons of 50-50s probably done from strings
command grabs
flaming fullscreen kicks amplifiable
instant air projectiles
flaming port 50-50s

Orbiting hats on the oponent
teleport 50-50s
stances
controllable hats
fullscreen allscreen hats with cancellable startup
spirit stance with whateverthefk anti air fullscreenwhatever krushing blow plasma projectile REALLY??
Halfscreen low stomp wtffffffffffffffffffffffffff
cancel the stance
multiple spins in one combo
whats with the hat string normals that do 20% wtf?? and comes out on whiff duuuude
divekick........

flaming arms
krushing blow guaranteed throw 33%
mid dashpunch move most likely safe
fullscreen ex groundpound
mk3 missiles(mid)
one gotcha pretty much guarantees heated arms
military stance 50-50 ducks under highs pop up

Let's see what Cage has of any of the above:

Useless glasses move that misses anywhere on the screen with half a second recovery
Shadow kick -17 high with no amplify
Super super super super recovery projectiles that are actually -22 and they just miss everywhere except literally fullscreen
No mixups whatsoever
A single string that will be spammed to no end f333 walkback and thats it.

Dude.
Duuuuuuuuuude. Dude. DUUUUUUUDE. DUDE REALLY? REALLY?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
But...But...
Dude.

B2 raw pop up starter
command grabs
instant air projectiles
flaming port 50-50s

teleport 50-50s
stances
controllable hats
spirit stance with whateverthefk anti air fullscreenwhatever krushing blow plasma projectile REALLY??
cancel the stance
whats with the hat string normals that do 20% wtf?? and comes out on whiff duuuude
divekick........

flaming arms
mk3 missiles(mid)

Useless glasses move that misses anywhere on the screen with half a second recovery
Super super super super recovery projectiles that are actually -22 and they just miss everywhere except literally fullscreen
No mixups whatsoever

Dude.
:(

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yo all 3 looked great. It’s hard for me to pick the best one but I think Kung Lao takes it. He’s a monster. Then probably Jax. All of them look the best they ever have though imo.

BS3OOO

Noob
Looks like I'll be maining LK again! But damn, all of them looked great. I can't wait to see the crowd get hype when Tyrant gets going with Jax (assuming he continues maining him)

MKF30

But...But...
Dude.

B2 raw pop up starter
command grabs
instant air projectiles
flaming port 50-50s

teleport 50-50s
stances
controllable hats
cancel the stance
divekick........

flaming arms
mk3 missiles(mid)

No mixups whatsoever

Dude.
Calling it right now, it's going to be MK 9 all over again with Vanilla KL lol. He'll be going through patches if they release him based off what we saw today lol. Dude can do TWO spins in one combo and you mentioned the 50/50 teleport options. I have interest in his Great Kung Lao moves but only because it's looking like NRS will punk Ermac and Kenshi in this game so that'll be as close as I can get to something similar.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Kung lao looks user friendly, jax looks fucking swaggy, but liu kang looks broken as fuck!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
But...But...
That's not military stance, that's ducking from boxing, every pugillist does it to go under highs, and jax can use it on the same manner.

Overall i think every single character shown so far has a strength on their own, and that's a good thing, NRS tried to be as diverse as possible and this is what its important, i can literally see myself trying every single character this time around rather than trying to stick to 1 or 2 mains, specially because each character does something on their own way which keeps their gameplay interesting.

The fact that they are giving characters reversals, stances, and some are even tied to their KB for mixups, Baraka having a flag which buffs his play, Jax with heated arms, Skarlet healing factor, it all looks pretty damn cool, i want it to be april 23rd so bad.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I’ve said that earlier today and I’m saying it again.
Liu Kang and Kung Lao are THE BEST characters so far for me.
Liu Kang:
Design is God like, I missed his classic look in MKX (didn’t like MK1 look). He’s strong, fast, his idle animation is sick.
Moves:
Kicks,kicks,kicks! He’s a definition of a kicking character, love his moves!
Nunchaku is good and I’m glad he isn’t that weaponized character and relies more on his own attacks.
Specials:
Lots of options and returing moves, glad they didn’t take away any specials from him. Parry is a must have, ground pound is somewhat useless and his TELEPORT looks scary as hell. Nunchaku stance is good too. I hope his instant air fireball isn’t as hard as in MKX. 35% meterless says for itself.
Fatal Blow:
It’s cool
Fatality:
Great!
KUNG LAO
Hands down THE BEST stance in the game along with the best throws. They went all Ip Man with him. Has a lot of good options and counter zoning potential. His costume is great in his human form.
Moves: God damn, a lot of cool moves. Rapid punches, good range, the usual.
Specials: also brought back his specials. Great Kung Lao caught me off guard, looks sick but more as a zoner.
Fatal Blow:
Basically his throw turned into fatal blow, but looks good.
Fatality:
Not bad.
Jax is the best Jax in the entire franchize.

MKF30

All 3 were better than I expected in terms of turnout.

I thought Liu Kang took the show, they made him literally oldschool and badass looking AF. Jax's arms don't look ridiculous anymore which is good. I think it's hilarious how younger Jax looks like Michael Jai White, older Jax looks like old Busta Rhymes(if he were built lol)

KL's fatal blow arguably one of the best in the entire game I've seen so far.

KL looked the flashiest.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Let me be a hypocrite for just once.

I see a lot of Jax players hating on the arms things, a thing that I really love, I think I gonna main Jax now... To piss them all off.

See how stupid that sounds?

And I put everybody OFF ignore again, I hate how chaotic the topics become if you can't view everything:

so.

Well you don't. Shrug.
This man really can't live with other opinions than his own. His toxic-levels are almost killing him.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I really hope they do D'Vorah, Noob and Erron in the next cast.

Then Kollector, Cetrion and Frost.

And then Shao Kahn, Kitana and Shang Tsung.

Makes sense?

This was great. Anyone thinks Jax heated up arms are an ability you can switch off? That's my only gripe, would've made sense if that was a technology developed in the future and young Jax wouldn't have access to it.