What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Kombat Kast Notes: Mileena Gameplay Analysis

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Teleport into Air Sai would be great. Blocked. Hit. Whatever. I'd like to see how viable it would be this time around.
Of course. Anything more niche to this game maybe? I'm gunna check the basic MK9 Mileena stuff.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Of course. Anything more niche to this game maybe? I'm gunna check the basic MK9 Mileena stuff.
I'm mostly interested in the command grab properties. Everything else would benefit me more if I fleshed them out for myself. Thanks by the way.

Reactions: Jer

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
So, I may be playing the game tomorrow. What do you guys want me to check? Im checking ravenous first, so I'll see if we can command grab out of strings
Hey @Jer it's awesome to have a man who will go into lab with Mileena and will update us. Thanks for your time.

I have first question: can you experiment with different mixups and check how many possible ways there are to overcome opponents defense and finally go into roll. AKA check the strings and how they work.

One of the guys who own the game told me that Mileena deosn't have low starting strings, but she has 2 strings that end up in Low hit:
"She doesnt have a low starter string but she has 2 strings that end in a low. First one hits high then low and the other hits mid and then low. Both of them are 2 hit strings and can be canceled into ball."

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hey @Jer it's awesome to have a man who will go into lab with Mileena and will update us. Thanks for your time.

I have first question: can you experiment with different mixups and check how many possible ways there are to overcome opponents defense and finally go into roll. AKA check the strings and how they work.

One of the guys who own the game told me that Mileena deosn't have low starting strings, but she has 2 strings that end up in Low hit:
"She doesnt have a low starter string but she has 2 strings that end in a low. First one hits high then low and the other hits mid and then low. Both of them are 2 hit strings and can be canceled into ball."
Its no problem at all man. Its my pleasure to help everyone out

Of course ill check that. I would go into frames and stuff but im sure stuff will change with the day 1 patch, but ill check what low and overhead strings she has and what kind of things she can do into roll

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Great, and I agree about frame data - I think it would be pretty pointless to talk about frama data now as we are getting 2GB patch on Day 1.

So yeah - bring on the strings! :D

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Just something quick since im on my phone. Her f4 is a low and can be cancelled into ball. Tele sai seems punishable since air sai is -28 on block

The biggest thing right now is that she has a u3 that does a kick straight in the air for an AA, and can be exd to cause a bounce so you can combo.

Low cmd grab is unblockable since she leapfrogs, and once she gets into leapfrog animation she can go into the full command grab damage

You can cancel strings into high cmd grab but it hits mid so itll be blocked

Her f3 is kinda a jumping overhead 0 on block but 23 frame startup

Im messing around seeing how to combo with her so ill get back in here as soon as i know anything else

She does have a low starter string.

Edit: Sorry I missed the above post :)