What's new

Kombat Kast #9 -- April 22nd

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
People are gonna get the game early by Thursday and you will most likely see Frost by then.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
People are gonna get the game early by Thursday and you will most likely see Frost by then.
How are folks getting it early? Isn't breaking street date punishable by fines to the retailer that breaks it?

Or are we talking about unscrupulous employees taking a copy home with them?

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
How are folks getting it early? Isn't breaking street date punishable by fines to the retailer that breaks it?

Or are we talking about unscrupulous employees taking a copy home with them?
Independent Game stores don't have to abide to the street date if they choose not to. They'll start selling the game when they get it shipped in. Happens all the time.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
How have they not showed the DLC list yet? Last two games both released DLC trailers 3-4 weeks before release. We still don't know what we're getting in the Kombat Pack. Very weird.

And yeah story spoilers are gonna be everywhere.They're already here now. I'll watch the Monday Kast with all chat turned off, but a day before release is very late imo.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Last two games both released DLC trailers 3-4 weeks before release. We still don't know what we're getting in the Kombat Pack. Very weird.
Nah they were both revealed about a 1-2 weeks before.

Kombat Pack 1 reveal: March 20th, 2015
MKX Release: April 7th, 2015 (18 days before release, just over 2 weeks before)

Fighter Pack 1 reveal: May 5th, 2017
Injustice 2 release: May 11th, 2017 (6 days before release)

If they're gonna reveal the Kombat Pack before release then safe bet is next week. We'll have to see. That's what I'm thinking they're gonna show during the Xbox stream.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I canceled my pre-order because I still can't tell if I want the Standard edition or Premium. Premium is a lot more expensive than MKX+KP1. I'm not picky about the MK characters, but I do need to know how many guests there are and who the guests are, before I drop $50 on them.

I want to give NRS more money but they're making it needlessly difficult.

Last edited:

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Nah they were both revealed about a 1-2 weeks before.

Kombat Pack 1 reveal: March 20th, 2015
MKX Release: April 7th, 2015 (18 days before release, just over 2 weeks before)

Fighter Pack 1 reveal: May 5th, 2017
Injustice 2 release: May 11th, 2017 (6 days before release)

If they're gonna reveal the Kombat Pack before release then safe bet is next week. We'll have to see. That's what I'm thinking they're gonna show during the Xbox stream.
MKX was released April 14, 2015. The mobile version was released on the 7th.

Injustice 2 was released on May 16th. Again, mobile version on the 11th.

About 2-3 weeks before release

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I canceled my pre-order because I still can't tell if I want the Standard edition or Premium. Premium is a lot more expensive than MKX+KP1. I'm not picky about the MK characters, but I do need to know how many guests there are and who the guests are, before I drop $50 on them.

Yeah, that's why I haven't pre-ordered yet. Unless Mileena is really DLC and they do not want to piss off her fanbase even more by showing it after Kitana's trailer, I don't know why they haven't even told us at least how many MK characters are gonna be in.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu

Yeah, that's why I haven't pre-ordered yet. Unless Mileena is really DLC and they do not want to piss off her fanbase even more by showing it after Kitana's trailer, I don't know why they haven't even told us at least how many MK characters are gonna be in.
You guys could do what I did, order the standard edition first then later down the line IF it's looking good pick up the Kombat Pack. It's not like the price will end up being any different or like you're gonna miss any content from it if you wait a few days longer.

Sounds terrible lol. He should've been shown the day he was announced as preorder dlc. But what do I know...
You mean back in december 2018, at the game awards? lol

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Personally I hope we get a Kombat Pack reveal next week on XB stream. I really want to know the DLC picks early on. They are late to the party but on DLC's this time around. I'm going to buy DLC reguardless of who's in it because I'm labbing up the matchups in practice mode and finding OD stuff for balance purposes.
I am getting KP soon after launch to save money and get early access to skins, characters and gear. I think Kombat Pack will be around $20-$25 maybe $30 but premium us around $100 so it costs $40 to pre-order Premium.

I'm sure my personal wants reguarding DLC is pretty unique considering every MK fan I've met has a widly diverse perception of who is the best roster picks.

My preferred KP1:

Smoke
Reptile
Cyrax/Sektor or Triborg ish
Shang Tsung (Konfirmed)
Spawn
Pennywise/Terminator

Honorable Mentions:

Returning Characters:

Ermac
Sindel
Fujin
Nightwolf
Mileena
CyberSubZero
Cyber Smoke
Tremor
Tanya
Sereena
Chameleon
Rain

Guests:

Michael Myers
Marilyn Manson
Venom
Deadpool
Insert horror flick protagonist

Many of these I don't think will make it in but they are solid characters I'd like to see return. The cool thing about my imagination and personal freedom is that it's not limited by others expectations or desires.

You guys could do what I did, order the standard edition first then later down the line IF it's looking good pick up the Kombat Pack. It's not like the price will end up being any different or like you're gonna miss any content from it if you wait a few days longer.
You realise this TYM right? People don't think rationally around here. They want everything NOW, there's threads after threads about which characters should/shouldn't make the game, how they know better than NRS in how to market the game, and how the game is going to fail because X feature/character wasn't in it.

And don't forget the people that won't buy the game because some esoteric character that only 2 people ever liked isn't in, or that the females don't fight in bikini's.

To use a little bit of logic like you posted is a bit of stretch.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
You realise this TYM right? People don't think rationally around here. They want everything NOW, there's threads after threads about which characters should/shouldn't make the game, how they know better than NRS in how to market the game, and how the game is going to fail because X feature/character wasn't in it.

And don't forget the people that won't buy the game because some esoteric character that only 2 people ever liked isn't in, or that the females don't fight in bikini's.

To use a little bit of logic like you posted is a bit of stretch.
I pretty much agree with you but no need to be like that lol, it's definitely not just TYM that's like that.

It's so weird they're waiting a day before release to show off the pre-order bonus lol
Didn't they reveal Goro and Darkseid similarly...? The only anomalies with Kahn are him being the first character confirmed playable for the game (*Raiden and Scorpion were only shown in the CGI trailer, not necessarily confirmed playable--even if their playability was clearly implied), and who is taking part in the actual game narrative. So, Shao Kahn is probably more analogous to Injustice 2's Brainiac, than the aforementioned comparison.

Also, wasn't it revealed that SK's "pre-order bonus" was not an actual extra char.; rather, an unlocking of a char. already present in the base roster, who is otherwise locked behind a grind wall...? If true, it [again] mirrors Brainiac's implementation in IJ2 -- dovetailing with the "crystals" fleecing model they've also migrated from said game.