MKXL Pocket Guide: Available on the App Store
Because it’s Shao MF’n Kahn.
I love Shao Kahn but they're really not doing a good job of showing off why the pre-order character is worth it.
- Being interested in a game doesnt mean you will buy it regardless. And it certainly doesn't mean you will buy it on release. Maybe you will buy the game a couple months after release, once the price drops. But then you will miss out on that cool pre-order character. You really need to incentivize your target audience to preorder now instead of waiting for a price drop. And one of the ways of doing that is by showing off your awesome pre-order character.
- I am interested in the character but why should i pre-order to get him? What can he do? How is he different from the old games? These things matter. It's not simply about the name of the character.
- Not true. plenty of casuals care about the Kombat Kasts and follow it (some of them are my friends). They will buy the game, beat it and then never touch it again. Thats what makes them casuals. But they will still follow the promotions of the game. And when they buy the game could be influenced by what they are seeing on these kasts.
- Yeah good thing you are not in charge of marketing. Few sales could be thousands if you sell millions of copies. All sales matter, if you are in the business of making money.
- Would you believe me, if i said i am in marketing? No? Then why ask such a irrelevant question? You don't need to be in marketing to recognize that saving your preorder character for last, isn't the smartest thing to do. If you can't see that then i dont know what to tell you.
They don’t need to sell people on him. His legacy precedes him.