What's new

Kombat Kast #6 - WEDNESDAY 03/27 3PM CST

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Hate the fact Jax doesn't have his dash punch. Its gonna be difficult for him to get in I think. I feel like he may be nerfed, but we'll see come release.
Ground pound and the rocket missiles from the overheated arms might give him some counter zoning potential. Too soon to say right now. Once Jax gets in he has great strike throw options.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Noob for next thursday....yay, I guess?

Hopefully Dvorah too...right?

Maybe next time...?

If there is a god...

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Every character just looks better and better and better. It seems impossible.

I don't know how you can see those Jax throws right at the start and think boring. They are amazing. And then he only got better.

Ground pound and the rocket missiles from the overheated arms might give him some counter zoning potential. Too soon to say right now. Once Jax gets in he has great strike throw options.
Yeah ground pound definitely helps. Do arms heat up on block or only on hit?

Ceroder

Noob
Every character just looks better and better and better. It seems impossible.

I don't know how you can see those Jax throws right at the start and think boring. They are amazing. And then he only got better.
By that you mean how silly it looked to have those arms glow? He has the most bland, uninteresting design so far. And here I thought Sonya was boring as hell to look at.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
if they show Frost before Kitana and D'Vorah - their stans will have an epic meltdown
I mean, those lights went down and showed a BLUE screen. So its possible it could be Kitana. Worst case scenario Sub Zero. Although....it would kinda make sense to pair Sub with Noob showcase but I know at this point, Sub is not one most people want to see showcased. We need HYPE!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Next week if they do three I expect Noob, D'Vorah, Erron.

We haven't seen any gameplay at all from Kitana yet, or a formal render or anything, so I think she's going to be later.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
By that you mean how silly it looked to have those arms glow? He has the most bland, uninteresting design so far. And here I thought Sonya was boring as hell to look at.
Nah, he looked rad as hell. This is all subjective of course but if you think what you just saw looked boring I feel for you.

Like, I look at him and then Scorpion and he's a hundred times better.

Ceroder

Noob
Next week if they do three I expect Noob, D'Vorah, Erron.

We haven't seen any gameplay at all from Kitana yet, or a formal render or anything, so I think she's going to be later.
She's the only classic fighter that hasnt been revealed yet. We know she's in for sure at this point. I just want a render of her already in a hi-res pic.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Damn, the amount of toxic waste in this topic is dripping out of control, my show-ignored-content meter just went up into the roof.

Anyway, good cast.

I think Liu Kang needs something new though, with his dragon spirit, I like the weapon, but his other moves become rather boring, I love love love his fatal blow with the dragon, too bad his fatality is this bland thing... Hopefully his second fatality is about mr.dragon again.

Kung Lao is awesome, always has been awesome and everything (spare for his fatality this time around, mostly because his last fatalities were so damn good probably) so far is cool, I love the great kung lao spirit, hopefully it has even more options like that! I love how he controls his hat more!

Jax did surprise me, they actually did something interesting with him, the glowing arms are really cool twist on this otherwise rather boring character. I do hate the gun though, as expected. The fatality wasn't bad, but nothing that made me go OEHHHHH or AHHHH, just a Jax fatality, his fatal blow was also meh, but I love the glowing arms, that is something I didn't expect.

Overal good cast, especially Kung Lao.

EDIT: I liked the Revenant designs more than the original designs, but I'm confused, I'd rather see the old living Liu and Lao back again?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Yikes at the people who genuinely thought it was going to be Kitana when literally at the end of the State of Play trailer it says "Series veterans Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Jax make their return." after showing gameplay of all 3 of them. They didn't even name Kitana or show gameplay of her. Just showed her face in literally a single frame almost lol.

Ya kinda played yaselves. I wanna see Kitana too, but crying saying "I GOt sO MaD WhEN It WAs jAX ITURnED it OFF" like the game comes out in 26 days. Less than 4 weeks. We've still got a few Kombat Kasts left to go. But, I thought it was obvious who the 3 were going to be when they were specifically named off.

Also I really doubt they're going to show Sub-Zero. I think we're done with the reveal build characters. It'd make more sense to pair Noob and Frost together if anything. Two Lin Kuei who have yet to be seen.

Anywho, Liu Kang looks absolutely sick. The best he's ever looked. Same for Kung Lao and Jax. Jax especially really looks dope this time around. Not just from a design standpoint (probably one of the best upgrades in the game) but his gameplay looks awesome too. People saying his design is weak because of the glowing arms like get outta hereeeee. That shit is dope.

Imagine putting your hand on a hot stove eye. But here, the stove eye is a fist and is punching you repeatedly. That shit looks like it hurted.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
And they call Mileena fans annoying, damn, Kitana fans already know they can play with her in ONE month, and they still go crazy. They are as spoiled as the Princess herself was in MKX.

we have three days left of fighter reveals so they have to show three fighter each day of that week but i think shao kahn will get his own day

I knew I'd love Jax, and he didn't disappoint. Liu Kang is a character I never expected to be interested in, but he also looked really impressive.

Great Kombat Kast overall. Every time they show a new character it gets more and more difficult to decide who I'm going to focus on.