What's new

Kombat Kast 2

ItsYaBoi

Noob
The last trailer was hype but it’s pretty ridiculous that this STILL doesn’t have a scheduled date lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea at this point I think we should not even worry about it and hope to start getting some game mode trailers or customization trailers.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Don’t even get me started on the shitshow that has been the Kombat Kasts and silence from our “community manager.”

And no, showing up for one trailer that should’ve been announced by Boon and retweeting what everyone else is doing doesn’t count as managing the community.

(exhales)

Ok, I’m good now.

Don’t even get me started on the shitshow that has been the Kombat Kasts and silence from our “community manager.”

And no, showing up for one trailer that should’ve been announced by Boon and retweeting what everyone else is doing doesn’t count as managing the community.

(exhales)

Ok, I’m good now.
i'm still really wondering what he actually does day in and out. I'm not bashing, i'm really curious. like who are the community he is in touch with daily in his apparent 9-5 job and what does he do with them? or does he really work something else at NRS and occasionally poses as CM when one is needed?

Kokoko

Somehow
You all shit on Tyler when there's Cory from WB who himself tweeted that he is in charge of Mortal Kombat 1 marketing. There is a person who makes all these decisions, and you have not even heard of him, it seems. People just see the talking head and poke their finger at it, while those who make all the key decisions are left without attention.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You all shit on Tyler when there's Cory from WB who himself tweeted that he is in charge of Mortal Kombat 1 marketing. There is a person who makes all these decisions, and you have not even heard of him, it seems. People just see the talking head and poke their finger at it, while those who make all the key decisions are left without attention.
It’s almost like that’s what happens when your title is Community Manager. Outrageous, I know.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Well the head of marketing isn't there to manage the community. The community manager is.

Kokoko

Somehow
Well the head of marketing isn't there to manage the community. The community manager is.
Yeah. But the thing is. The guy is the head of MK1 marketing AND the community manager at the same time lol. It's written in his profile. He was promoted at the end of last year to do everything at once and MK1 is his first game in this role.

Another proof that people here have no idea who is doing what.
And yes, the logic of appointing employees at WB is awful.

It’s almost like that’s what happens when your title is Community Manager. Outrageous, I know.
You won't believe it, but the second dude has exactly the same title. The only difference is that you don't see him on screen during Kombat Kasts. In NRS and WB, there are more than 5 employees that we see on the screen. Shocking, I know.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Apparently a few people I know talked to Tyler at EVO and he said it’d be this week and most likely Thursday, aka tomorrow.

But no actual confirmation so take this with a grain of salt

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Yeah. But the thing is. The guy is the head of MK1 marketing AND the community manager at the same time lol. It's written in his profile. He was promoted at the end of last year to do everything at once and MK1 is his first game in this role.
Ah my bad I don't know who you were talking about exactly thought it was just some guy in marketing but fair enough then if he is still a community manager

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Another proof that people here have no idea who is doing what.
And yes, the logic of appointing employees at WB is awful.

You won't believe it, but the second dude has exactly the same title. The only difference is that you don't see him on screen during Kombat Kasts. In NRS and WB, there are more than 5 employees that we see on the screen. Shocking, I know.
Cool.

Then what are EITHER of them doing? Where are they interacting with the MK/NRS fan community? No way it takes two guy to post tweets and whatever.

it’s very odd that we’re like a month away and have only had one stream directly addressing the community about the game.

Kokoko

Somehow
Cool.

Then what are EITHER of them doing? Where are they interacting with the MK/NRS fan community? No way it takes two guy to post tweets and whatever.

it’s very odd that we’re like a month away and have only had one stream directly addressing the community about the game.
Don't ask me, I have no answer. I'm not advocating their marketing strategy or their communication with the community. I'm just pointing the finger at who is responsible for this so that people know their "heroes".