What's new

Kombat Kast #2 Tomorrow Will Include...

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Straight from Mr. Tyler Landsdown, we get a summary of what to expect in tomorrow's Kombat Kast.

https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/1095731185353936896

"We got us a #kombatkast tomorrow at 3:00 CST! http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm We have a character reveal, the return of Washed Up Warriors, a Baraka walk through and THE WHEEL OF KHAOS. See you then! #MK11"

Speculations are still going wild with less than 24 hours left on who the next character revealed will be. Think they will address the latest leak? Tomorrow will be the day to find out!

Stay tuned and stay Righteous ;)

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I hope they don't tell us who it is beforehand and just show us a trailer first. Nothing is more hype than that. Derek don't ruin the surprise!!!

Also if the reveal turns out to be Cassie I might just tear off my scrotum in anger. We already know she's in the game, give us a real surprise!!!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I hope they don't tell us who it is beforehand and just show us a trailer first. Nothing is more hype than that. Derek don't ruin the surprise!!!

Also if the reveal turns out to be Cassie I might just tear off my scrotum in anger. We already know she's in the game, give us a real surprise!!!
Oh hunny....You still need gon' need that :confused:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Kinda odd that they are still not showing Kano or D'Vorah, but I'm excited for the character reveal.

Also, this: https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/1095735038967271424

So apparently they won't be showing two new characters per Kombat Kast, just one. I'm assuming he meant "revealing two characters per Kombat Kast", but if not then he might be saying that they will only breakdown one new character you haven't seen yet per Kast (example: when Kano is shown, it might just be him plus a Reveal Event character. Not a new character plus Kano).

Anyway, I hope that in this Kombat Kast they actually talk more about the competitive variations and how those will be handled. Seeing kustom variations is cool and everything, but last time they were forgetting the moves that were in their own loadouts and they are also not representative of what you'll actually be able to do/use on a competitive level.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Kind of strange how they are stretching out the reveals. it's like they are on their old E3 release schedule, rather than this new accelerated one for mk11.
also we use to get trailers the day before, then a breakdown the following day correct?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Kind of strange how they are stretching out the reveals. it's like they are on their old E3 release schedule, rather than this new accelerated one for mk11.
also we use to get trailers the day before, then a breakdown the following day correct?
We also used to get a shitton of separate character and story trailers, e.g. the Kitana/Lao reveal trailer, Cage family trailer, Briggs family trailer, and Shaolin trailer. On the one hand it's kind of awesome for the story to be kept under tight wraps. On the other you'd think they'd make up for that by really going in on the character reveals. But it's like we have to pull teeth to learn anything about any character who's not part of the original 7.

I think it's either Jade or Sareena.

Why do they reveal one character per week ? It's boring, and the final roster will be leaked before the complete reveal, so come on give us something to get hyped for.

And NRS, please make another trailer like the one for MKX with System of a Down, this shit was way too hype. It was probably the best trailer I've ever seen for a video game, you know how to make awesome trailers NRS, so please buy the rights of an awesome metal song and give us the trailer of our dreams.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Damn I really though we would get a femme fatale trailer like last year.

Oh well here’s hoping it’s jade Kitana or Frost (based on leaks)
Oh man, a trailer showing off Kitana, Jade, and Frost all at once would be awesome. They could also do a "Special Forces" trailer showing off Sonya, Johnny, Cassie, and Jacqui.

vapid

cyber warlord
I think it's either Jade or Sareena.

Why do they reveal one character per week ? It's boring, and the final roster will be leaked before the complete reveal, so come on give us something to get hyped for.

And NRS, please make another trailer like the one for MKX with System of a Down, this shit was way too hype. It was probably the best trailer I've ever seen for a video game, you know how to make awesome trailers NRS, so please buy the rights of an awesome metal song and give us the trailer of our dreams.
I agree with this. The SOAD trailer was better than anything we've seen for MK11 so far.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I almost tear up watching that trailer. I still go back and watch it occasionally, the way they synced the music up with the action was godlike. Kudos to any and all who had a hand in making it.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Here. Now let’s move onto Kano and D’Vorah.

Yeah, to be honest I don't see the point in breaking down characters from the Reveal Event. I thought the Geras breakdown last time was unnecessary, and I'm guess the Baraka one will be too. It would be fine if maybe they would show off skins or something that we haven't seen yet, but that isn't the case. It just kinda feels like filler.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
This news is...well, tbh, I find it really disappointing. I'm trying to stay excited about the game, but a Baraka rundown we've already gotten from Ketchup and Mustard (who probably did it better anyway)? And no guarantee of even one reveal during the Kombat Kasts? No real information beyond that?

Sigh. This isn't building hype like I think they're predicting. If anything, it's making the last 68 days feel plodding, and killing interest (at least for me).

It's like we ask them for details, even minor ones, and we get in return "That's a great question, btw have you seen Baraka in action? Let me take up half of the Kast and break him down for ya..." -.-

I expect NRS to step up its game for the reveal of its characters. We had 7 starting characters from the reveal, one buggy trailer for Kabal and two "Oh these character are in by the way" announcements for Kano and D'Vorah. How boring.

Even the reveal of Jacqui was hype for MKX, this proves how good their trailers are :DOGE