What's new

Kombat Cup Week 7 Results Feat. SonicFox, Tweedy, RevetLeafing, Scar and more

Lol at this. Yes online is not "there yet" in terms of providing the same experience as offline 100% of the time but you really think sticking to offline is the answer? We were forced to stick with offline in mk9 and igau1 because the online was so abysmal but now we are lucky to have a really good online and we would be fools not to utilize it for organized competitions and tournaments. You think things like ESL and Kombat Kup have been a bad thing for the community? You are crazy if so. Ill agree with the "not there yet" in terms of being 100% reliable all the time but to suggest that we take a complete step backwards and only stick to offline competition/tournaments is laughable.
It might be better for business and the ''community'' but it has it's downside of creating drama that wasn't there before. Scar defended himself about people saying he was lagging and all hell broke loose. This is why I don't take these esl tournaments as seriously as something like NEC and EVO. I'm just stating my opinion.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
$$$ talks and ESL was some serious loot. then again the top 8 was offline. Also drama is fun and builds rivalries and makes for more entertaining matchups. This is a competitive game after all.

E

Eldriken

Lag causes salt > salt causes pissing and moaning (It's justified, but it's still what it is) > pissing and moaning causes "drama" > "drama" causes challenges being made > challenges being made causes hype and money matches > hype and money matches give us something to look forward to > having something to look forward to results in having a potentially better experience than you would have.

So, despite lag being awful, it does at times give us an opportunity to see something worthwhile at a later time. ;)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There should be a rule when lag is that bad, the entire KoTh should be dropped and reformed...

Jynks

They said they're gonna start having ping checks.
As long as they check themselves as well. The lag could just has easily come form the casters end.

You sometimes get bad connections.. I'm not a tech guys.. but everyone knows that if you quite and reconnect to the same person who was laggy as fuck.. this time it works perfectly.

@Aqueous_Echo and @Aquaman should have just dropped the entire KOTH and re-invited everyone.

zabugi

The only Real Master
I'm getting my top 8 and finding the nearest Philly Cheesesteak joint.

I consider Scar a friend. I hope he doesn't dislike me because of this, but what can you do. Life and the mix goes on. I already apologized.
Like a true man

I'd rather have sonicfox shit talking and calling people kids with his million #1 medals over some guys who managed to win a couple games online by guessing right a few times in a row. Sonic might be just as young as them but atleast he earned peoples respect in multiple games.
So you're saying the winner of this won because of 50/50's?

As long as they check themselves as well. The lag could just has easily come form the casters end.

You sometimes get bad connections.. I'm not a tech guys.. but everyone knows that if you quite and reconnect to the same person who was laggy as fuck.. this time it works perfectly.

@Aqueous_Echo and @Aquaman should have just dropped the entire KOTH and re-invited everyone.
Refer to page 2 of this thread

omooba

fear the moobs
when people say a site is toxic i'm wondering what site or even what community in society you're comparing it too. We have drama yes but for the most part this is better than most video game communities and social gatherings in general which i thank the mods for but please don't blame your personal decisions on the community. There's always bad people in every community. You can make the choice to improve the community we have all gained from greatly or you can decide to stop inputting but i feel the first choice is way more positive for the community as a whole

Jynks

Refer to page 2 of this thread
@Mr Aquaman / @Aqueous_Echo ... whatever... it is not like we are talking about blaming you guys.. or something. Whomever is running the show, and running any type of online event.. they need to look at this issue and invent some kind of ruling to deal with it.

So it is not in your power to "just restart the KOTH" ... who cares.. the point wasn't "YOU" should have done something.. it is that "SOMEONE" should have done something.

To whomever runs the show... next time there is lag like that just restart the KoTH, and see if that fixes it.

IROC

WP IROC
Some people do use and have lag on purpose. Sick worthless scrubs in my eye. Yet some people in here are naive to the fact cheaters exist.

Some people do use and have lag on purpose. Sick worthless scrubs in my eye. Yet some people in here are naive to the fact cheaters exist.
there hasnt been a case of lagswitching on stream though... it looks totally different from what happened.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Mr Aquaman / @Aqueous_Echo ... whatever... it is not like we are talking about blaming you guys.. or something. Whomever is running the show, and running any type of online event.. they need to look at this issue and invent some kind of ruling to deal with it.

So it is not in your power to "just restart the KOTH" ... who cares.. the point wasn't "YOU" should have done something.. it is that "SOMEONE" should have done something.

To whomever runs the show... next time there is lag like that just restart the KoTH, and see if that fixes it.
You lost me at whatever. Then nothing new followed. This post is cancer start to end.