What's new

Kombat Cup Week # 5 Results Feat. cR SonicFox, Semiij, Slayer and More

Okay look. He signed up for this. He knew when he had to be there. It sucks that the admins made the decision they made but it was made by them. I understand people having real lives but you have to understand that holding an entire top 8 for one player isn't exactly how things should be done. Money IS on the line. Regardless of the amount and regardless of how significant you think it is, it's what people are competing for here. Also, "Stuff like this is not appropriate for Grassroots Events." yea well neither is being late to your match by an hour.
top 8 didnt have to be held, semi 2 could have been done first and he also was there before the dq.

I'll assume the two changes we made to accomodate for him being late to give him even more time just isn't going to please you because you only seem to focus on the end result. As Aquaman said, there's a start time and players know these times because we go over it multiple times. Real life happens, yes, and we changed plans twice (mostly from me talking with full auto before top 8 started. Again refer to my twitter feed if u need) and it's just one of those too little too late scenarios. Even though Sonic said let him play, the call had already been made. Move forward, don't let it happen again, learn from it. I'm surprised to see such an argument when we gave him an extra hour and 16 mins. C'mon man.
then at least make a clear time window. because the way it went was wrong. i can only repeat, he was there before the dq and you didnt notice and thats the whole point of the discussion.

to make it as clear as possible:

you: where is full Auto?
full auto: i'm here
you (or admin or whoever): Looks like he's not here, we have to DQ him.

if you dont see whats wrong with that, i cant help you.

@kabelfritz you understand that 'fullautoftw' in chat was not THE full auto. I talked to fullauto after the show was done and he understands the decision and is fine. I also asked if that stream name was his and he confirmed it was not.

Trust me, I asked that for a specific reason due to things being said in stream chat by that user.

This is the last I'm saying about this because it's pretty clear we did everything we could at the time. Apologies.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
top 8 didnt have to be held, semi 2 could have been done first and he also was there before the dq.

then at least make a clear time window. because the way it went was wrong. i can only repeat, he was there before the dq and you didnt notice and thats the whole point of the discussion.

to make it as clear as possible:

you: where is full Auto?
full auto: i'm here
you (or admin or whoever): Looks like he's not here, we have to DQ him.

if you dont see whats wrong with that, i cant help you.
Feedback received, throw out schedules and times . Noted and thank you for watching.

The real dq time is 10m. Per official rules. He was scheduled to play at 8. Nothing said here will change week 5's top 8. If you want to take anything from it. Show up on time. Please and thank you

@kabelfritz you understand that 'fullautoftw' in chat was not THE full auto. I talked to fullauto after the show was done and he understands the decision and is fine. I also asked if that stream name was his and he confirmed it was not.

Trust me, I asked that for a specific reason due to things being said in stream chat by that user.

This is the last I'm saying about this because it's pretty clear we did everything we could at the time. Apologies.
there were 2 full autos in the chat, the one you mentioned (i was always aware that was not the real one, it was revealed in the chat) plus the real one later on (but still before the DQ). i still think things went wrong but if full auto himself is ok with it we can probably stop here.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I'll assume the two changes we made to accomodate for him being late to give him even more time just isn't going to please you because you only seem to focus on the end result. As Aquaman said, there's a start time and players know these times because we go over it multiple times. Real life happens, yes, and we changed plans twice (mostly from me talking with full auto before top 8 started. Again refer to my twitter feed if u need) and it's just one of those too little too late scenarios. Even though Sonic said let him play, the call had already been made. Move forward, don't let it happen again, learn from it. I'm surprised to see such an argument when we gave him an extra hour and 16 mins. C'mon man.
Why is this even a topic?

I have no idea what happened with this situation and I agree with everything Echo and Aqua did. They tried to help, admins stepped in and said move on. Done deal.

The man was over an hour late even with a 10min deadline. Yes real life happens, and when that happens things have to be missed. That's life. I am sure they would of done the same exact thing to anybody that was in top 8. Even Sonic.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
What did Slayer do to deserve so much hate directed towards him? Because he teabagged? News flash for you guys, but Sonic is notoriously known for doing that too. Because he plays Kung Jin? There's no version in this game's current meta where KJ is considered "cheap". Besides, aren't you guys putting him down as a bottom tier character nowadays? This community is fucking confusing.

Tweedy

Noob
All i'm getting out of this discussion from the kabel guy is "this isn't that serious, just throw out schedule and let them do whatever".

Nope.

Complaining about teabagging and Sonic winning lots of tournaments is so 2015 :rolleyes:

Random things don't "kill the scene"; YOU kill the scene when you decide to give up on it.

All of this minor stuff is just water off a ducks back -- as long as people are playing the game and enjoying themselves, let 'em have fun :)
He doesn't kill the scene but I will say there is some hype that is lost knowing he will win everything. Sfv... no clue who will win and it makes it better for the viewer. But as a tournament player you have to give him props.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
People complain when tournament results aren't consistent, as it shows there's a big random factor in the game. Then people complain when the results are consistent with the best people winning because it's "boring" (Even when he didn't even win the last major he attended).

Also, people getting triggered when watching one player teabag another.

I need to retreat back inside my shell