What's new

Kombat Cup Week # 5 Results Feat. cR SonicFox, Semiij, Slayer and More

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Kombat Cup Week # 5 has definitely been one of the most fully-loaded across the board. cR Sonic Fox returned to make a statement rolling through the competition and maintaining his dominance. GTG Semiij has also been taking names as he has climbed up through the ranks. Would he take SonicFox's name next?

See the spoiler below for the results!

Source: https://www.stream.me/kombatcup

This week the finals also broke over 380+ viewers!

kc511.png
kc51.png

Congrats to SonicFox for taking Kombat Cup Week # 5! SonicFox returns to take his Kombat Cup crown!

Attachments

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I sadly missed a lot of this Top 8 but it was hype regardless! Semiij definitely showing everyone that he has what it takes to compete!

gam224

The world's least hype player
I feel like sonic has single handedly killed the competitive scene in MKX. No matter how good you are you won't beat the furry

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Regardless, I don't understand how he's killing(at least literally) the competitive scene, if he didn't win the last major and 300-400 people are signing up for the Kombat Cup each week.

Unless he means it like "bro you killed that skateboard trick", then yeah Sonic is and has been killing it.
No doubt, the game only dies when people stop playing it, that's not really what I'm getting at. As long as people have the passion and drive for the game it will continue.

Parasurama

Dragon
Thanks for posting it without the winner in the title. :) I usually watch it on YouTube the next day or so.

Kombat Cup Week # 5 has definitely been one of the most fully-loaded across the board. cR Sonic Fox returned to make a statement rolling through the competition and maintaining his dominance. GTG Semiij has also been taking names as he has climbed up through the ranks. Would he take SonicFox's name next?

See the spoiler below for the results!

Source: https://www.stream.me/kombatcup

This week the finals also broke over 380+ viewers!

View attachment 12545
View attachment 12544

Congrats to SonicFox for taking Kombat Cup Week # 5! SonicFox returns to take his Kombat Cup crown!

Parasurama

Dragon
I feel like sonic has single handedly killed the competitive scene in MKX. No matter how good you are you won't beat the furry
Semijj had a case of nerves. It was still very good to watch the whole match.
Semijj played very well against Slayer, fuzzy guarding and seemed to know the Shaolin match up.
Next time Sonic will be more difficult for Semijj because Sonic will lab the Mileena match more.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Slayer is tryharding with one of the most potato characters in the current meta yet he teabags Toxin, I always knew hes a douchbag.

I was also on his side in the beef between him and dragon, but now i sympathies with dragon.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
That GF was hype; even if Semijj was nervous and dropping combos; he still played very well especially with a character that was "killed"

gam224

The world's least hype player
Uhhhh Sonic didn't win the last major.
Still I stand by my point. Sonic fox has won like 90% of all the MKX tourneys. He has been just about consistent as a person can get and is still killing it in the current match. Just because he didn't win the most recent major doesn't make him in essence a hype killer

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Slayer is tryharding with one of the most potato characters in the current meta yet he teabags Toxin, I always knew hes a douchbag.

I was also on his side in the beef between him and dragon, but now i sympathies with dragon.
Come on now, let's not pretend Slayer is the only player to ever do that during/after a match. It's all just fun and games to him. He wasn't disrespecting, Toxin.

because he was in the chat before you disqualified him and everyone "yelled" that at you guys, but you just didnt pay attention.
You realize he was first up on the bracket and told me he wouldn't make it in time so we pushed his match back by 45 mins and then again when he didn't show up and ultimately DQ'd him at 9:16pm... Over an hour after start time and his original time to compete. WE didn't make the call to DQ him, the show runners did because in the end there is 7 other people and a whole show who must move on. We tried, so please don't be a snob about it. Refer to my twitter if u want what actually happened with screenshots......

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
You realize he was first up on the bracket and told me he wouldn't make it in time so we pushed his match back by 45 mins and then again when he didn't show up and ultimately DQ'd him at 9:16pm... Over an hour after start time and his original time to compete. WE didn't make the call to DQ him, the show runners did because in the end there is 7 other people and a whole show who must move on. We tried, so please don't be a snob about it. Refer to my twitter if u want what actually happened with screenshots......
Yea it's upsetting that he couldn't make it but at the end of the day it's not your call. Can only accommodate to such a degree till it becomes an issue.