What's new

Kollector is filled of deconfirmations. -spoiler- Does NRS go too far?

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
Milleena's pretty much a yard sale now. I can't wait for the Cosmetic DLC pack!
  • Jax gets Mileena's arms (arms)
  • Jade gets Mileena's jaws (mask)
  • Kano gets Mileena's heart (chestpiece)
  • Scorpion gets Milleena's finger (kunai)
And so on and so forth.

Why include Mileena when everyone has a little Mileena inside them? :DOGE

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Milleena's pretty much a yard sale now. I can't wait for the Cosmetic DLC pack!

• Jax gets Mileena's arms (arms)
  • Jade gets Mileena's jaws (mask)
  • Kano gets Mileena's heart (chestpiece)
  • Scorpion gets Milleena's finger (kunai)
And so on and so forth.

Why include Mileena when everyone has a little Mileena inside them? :DOGE
That would be hilarious and honestly, at this point, right up the immature alley NRS would probably go with this shit.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
That would be hilarious and honestly, at this point, right up the immature alley NRS would probably go with this shit.
NRS is immature for taking jabs at toxic fans?... I challenge you to actually count up the number of "WHERE'S MILEENA/RAIN" responses in every MK11 related social media post. Once you're done with that I want you to come back on here and tell me if you were on the development team and there happened to be no plans on bringing Mileena into the game, that you wouldn't want to give the people threatening to not buy the game BECAUSE NO MILEENA the middle finger with your tongue out via in-game trolling.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
NRS is immature for taking jabs at toxic fans?... I challenge you to actually count up the number of "WHERE'S MILEENA/RAIN" responses in every MK11 related social media post. Once you're done with that I want you to come back on here and tell me if you were on the development team and there happened to be no plans on bringing Mileena into the game, that you wouldn't want to give the people threatening to not buy the game BECAUSE NO MILEENA the middle finger with your tongue out via in-game trolling.
And I've seen the shit, but I've also seen it go beyond just Mileena. This is what makes me laugh is when people act like they got a clue on who's the worst fanbase when I've seen all characters not back have some disrespectful shit.

The RIP Luke Perry tweet has a most liked comment saying "Where's Sindel". That's all these people talk about. It goes beyond just Mortal Kombat. This is Twitter in general when it comes to gaming. With all characters. Honest to God, solo focusing on just two of them is absurd.

And no, the thing is: I wouldn't. Because answering toxicity with toxicity doesn't solve the shit.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I gotta be honest. If I didn't love Mortal Kombat gameplay so much and cared about fighting games, I'd really be tuned out of this game. Because it just kinda feels lowkey shitty what they're doing outside of the core gameplay itself. And while that should be all that matters to a fighting game, I actually kinda want to care a bit more. I guess this is why what got me into Mortal Kombat was the guest shit because I always loved them and Mortal Kombat really couldn't mess them up too bad. So I could always have an attachment with them because if I had them for any Mortal Kombat character, random odds were I could be shit on the next game.
Couldn't agree more.

At this point, I've already got one foot out the door and I'm looking forward to FL4K and Borderlands 3, once I get/try to get the Platinum trophy.
Why it is NRS decides to be the Adam Sandler of fighting games and shit on their audience just because they can, I'll never understand.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Couldn't agree more.

At this point, I've already got one foot out the door and I'm looking forward to FL4K and Borderlands 3, once I get/try to get the Platinum trophy.
Why it is NRS decides to be the Adam Sandler of fighting games and shit on their audience just because they can, I'll never understand.
Thank you.

This is not nearly the first time NRS has done this. They did it with the Injustice build up. I had a true negative opinion on them ever since Injustice 2 pre-release. When Red Hood and Starfire, who had all the business being part of the story and were also the top two in the fan poll for IJ1 DLC weren't in it so they could be immediate hype up DLC, I immediatly had that "Aw shit, here we go again."

When Static didn't make it as DLC but they put in Raiden instead so they could make Static exclusive to the fucking mobile game.

When the fan favorite DLC from IJ1 were cut from IJ2 because...Boon has his weird dumb ass "code" I kinda had a bad vibe.

This game and some of their judgement calls have only wrote that home. I truly do love Mortal Kombat. I'm starting to really question the devs though.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
And I've seen the shit, but I've also seen it go beyond just Mileena. This is what makes me laugh is when people act like they got a clue on who's the worst fanbase when I've seen all characters not back have some disrespectful shit.

The RIP Luke Perry tweet has a most liked comment saying "Where's Sindel". That's all these people talk about. It goes beyond just Mortal Kombat. This is Twitter in general when it comes to gaming. With all characters. Honest to God, solo focusing on just two of them is absurd.

And no, the thing is: I wouldn't. Because answering toxicity with toxicity doesn't solve the shit.
TBH, people are arseholes, and only care about what they want. The Community is toxic yes, but so is almost every other gaming community out there with a semblance of online play

Also, i like how you said answering toxicity with toxicity doesnt solve anything, yet you have been really toxic on these forums the past hour (I saw the deleted profile post, cant easily hide that shit)

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I do think the Devs have made some really poor decisions overall tbh. No excuses when it comes to the Towers of Time bullshit.

But, WB is like EA and other Large gaming companies, they will make a currency or a loot box that you could buy for better shit.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
TBH, people are arseholes, and only care about what they want. The Community is toxic yes, but so is almost every other gaming community out there with a semblance of online play

Also, i like how you said answering toxicity with toxicity doesnt solve anything, yet you have been really toxic on these forums the past hour (I saw the deleted profile post, cant easily hide that shit)
Because it doesn't, but I'm not a major game director who should be above that shit. I don't relatively give a damn. The amount of disrespect this forum gives out to people who dare critique this game: I know exactly what my status said. I'd keep it up if I could. While I am still somewhat hype for this game and love NRS games, the community on this forum is hyper toxic only positive feedback trash. Not everyone, but it's to the degree of the same steroetype GameFaqs has but with a negative tone instead.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up

You know I wasn't talking about just Mileena and Rain lol

I miss the days before social media.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Because it doesn't, but I'm not a major game director who should be above that shit. I don't relatively give a damn. The amount of disrespect this forum gives out to people who dare critique this game: I know exactly what my status said. I'd keep it up if I could. While I am still somewhat hype for this game and love NRS games, the community on this forum is hyper toxic only positive feedback trash. Not everyone, but it's to the degree of the same steroetype GameFaqs has but with a negative tone instead.
Your not wrong, but atleast its positivty instead of negativity though.

But, its something i have seen in any gaming community i have come across, people dislike it when others do not agree with them, and it becomes an insult fest, or the subject goes off topic

As a community, we should not let NRS slide away from the Towers of time bullshit they have setup. I do understand that its meant to be a grind and everything, but hearing how you need to do 75 fatalities and brutalities to unlock a character tower is absurd

Blade4693

VIVIVI
the joke character but I'm sure had a fan or two.
You know I actually read on another site during MKX pre-release a guy was actually a big fan of Hsu Hao because he related to the glowy thing on his chest. I don't remember the specifics sadly but he apparently had some kind of serious heart condition and that made him relate to the character in some way. I remember it was kind of touching.

Just a little reminder that every character has fans, even Hsu Hao. Not saying he should return or anything but I just thought it was kind of cool how a character most of us laugh off actually means something to somebody.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
You know, completely off topic but

Me too, lol.
Social Media has allowed people from any line of thought, post it onto to the internet, and if somebody disagrees with them, they will post back

Its the toxic cycle of the internet

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
kinda disrespectful , but, whatever ..... since I already accepted Mileena is not in MK11, and it's pretty stupid to insist in this subject, in fact , it's tiresome .... we know that in the next game, they can cook up any crazy story and bring Mileena, Goro, Reptile etc back, whoever they want to MK story again, so .... what they are doing regarding Mileena in MK11 is just childish answer to the annoying fanboys that irritates and bother Ed Boon with their demands on Twitter .... the right choice at this point it's just ignore this type of provocation .... let them go ahead, if they want mock and fuck off with this,lol !!! :p, and let's enjoy MK11, because it roster is pretty good with various others characters to pick up and play with :)

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Couldn't agree more.

Imagine creating an amazing, rich world, and then creating an amazing, rich video game set in that world, and then being harassed by a bunch of people because one particular character isn't in it. Or another, much less important character. Or another, even less important character. Or another... or another...

Maybe they're tired of people like that being a part of their audience. Maybe they want those people gone. Maybe people who feel offended by NRS should take the hint and hit the road. It sounds like it would be a mutually beneficial decision that would make everyone happier. NRS and 99% of the community doesn't have to put up with obnoxious stans, and obnoxious stans can go enjoy a different game that will go out of its way to cater to them. Win-win!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Thank you.

This is not nearly the first time NRS has done this. They did it with the Injustice build up. I had a true negative opinion on them ever since Injustice 2 pre-release. When Red Hood and Starfire, who had all the business being part of the story and were also the top two in the fan poll for IJ1 DLC weren't in it so they could be immediate hype up DLC, I immediatly had that "Aw shit, here we go again."

When Static didn't make it as DLC but they put in Raiden instead so they could make Static exclusive to the fucking mobile game.

When the fan favorite DLC from IJ1 were cut from IJ2 because...Boon has his weird dumb ass "code" I kinda had a bad vibe.

This game and some of their judgement calls have only wrote that home. I truly do love Mortal Kombat. I'm starting to really question the devs though.
So am I.
Imagine creating an amazing, rich world, and then creating an amazing, rich video game set in that world, and then being harassed by a bunch of people because one particular character isn't in it. Or another, much less important character. Or another, even less important character. Or another... or another...

Maybe they're tired of people like that being a part of their audience. Maybe they want those people gone. Maybe people who feel offended by NRS should take the hint and hit the road. It sounds like it would be a mutually beneficial decision that would make everyone happier. NRS and 99% of the community doesn't have to put up with obnoxious stans, and obnoxious stans can go enjoy a different game that will go out of its way to cater to them. Win-win!
So you're they should do what Vince McMahon does and alienate part of their audience on purpose? Because they're doing a hell of a job so far.

It doesn't matter nearly as much how great the game looks or how much effort went into it with the amount of shady business practice there's been. It's the responsibility of the fanbase to call bullshit.

When you take the all the way phoned in story, the gear system, the Ranked mode, the variations, the trolling, the mixed messages from the devs, and you're seeing alllllll the same shitty things from Injustice 2 repeating themselves...thats about the time you call bullshit. If they don't want critics, they shouldn't make video games. And when you're a fan of something for 25 years, seeing it get churned out like its been made by a short order cook with a recipe to follow like so many other AAA titles nowadays is a suckish feeling. But that might not even be NRS' fault. Maybe WB is forcing their hand and having them rush it out on purpose so they can sell us the upgrades and improvements later. No sé, mijo.

You dont need the Kollector to know that Mileena is dead af if you played MKX.
Best cinematic death in MK so far. I fully understand the hate, but you can't ask for a better note for your character to go out on. I wouldn't even want her to do the Ric Flair and be back in a year if I were a Mileena main.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
So am I.

So you're they should do what Vince McMahon does and alienate part of their audience on purpose? Because they're doing a hell of a job so far.

It doesn't matter nearly as much how great the game looks or how much effort went into it with the amount of shady business practice there's been. It's the responsibility of the fanbase to call bullshit.

When you take the all the way phoned in story, the gear system, the Ranked mode, the variations, the trolling, the mixed messages from the devs, and you're seeing alllllll the same shitty things from Injustice 2 repeating themselves...thats about the time you call bullshit. If they don't want critics, they shouldn't make video games. And when you're a fan of something for 25 years, seeing it get churned out like its been made by a short order cook with a recipe to follow like so many other AAA titles nowadays is a suckish feeling. But that might not even be NRS' fault. Maybe WB is forcing their hand and having them rush it out on purpose so they can sell us the upgrades and improvements later. No sé, mijo.
Yikes. If you think this game was phoned in, we don't have much to talk about.

P.S. the "fan for 25 years" card isn't going to win you any brownie points here, most of us have been. It doesn't justify your complaints any more than it justifies my hype.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
my only issue with the game is that we only got 3 male ninjas, ive said it many times.. REPTILE, ERMAC, SMOKE

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yikes. If you think this game was phoned in, we don't have much to talk about.

P.S. the "fan for 25 years" card isn't going to win you any brownie points here, most of us have been. It doesn't justify your complaints any more than it justifies my hype.
...brownie points.

You must have me confused with one of the guys who trolled Luke Perry or something, pal.

If you're hype, then you're hype, and that's fantastic. I am too, in spite of all my issues with things as they are now. I'm gonna play the shit out of this game just like I have every other NRS/MK game of the last forever. But that story was nonsensical. This convoluted gear system is nonsensical. And Casual play and Competitive/Ranked have somehow been even more polarized than they were in Injustice 2. Being hype for the good doesn't mean you should let the bad slide just because.

I understand being upset about your character not appearing in the game. But its up to you to decide how you interpret someone elses actions. I think the majority that are vocal take it personally. Taking it personally and being offended is the initial reaction but i'd reccomend taking a step back and realizing there was probably a good reason for NRS' decision to leave your beloved out of the game.