What's new

Kollector is filled of deconfirmations. -spoiler- Does NRS go too far?

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Basically, he is filled of things that are going to irritate a lot of people.

So, basically. If we're going off this, it's just a giant middle finger to a few characters.

I want to applaud the cleverness in these cosmetics but it's just another thing NRS does where instead of just leaving characters out, they have to straight up big time deconfirm them by calling them out of it.

So, going off this:

Havik is a no. (My only real wanted MK character, so, thanks for that.)

Goro is a no.

Motaro is a no.

Mileena fans just got shit on a bit more.

While Mileena fans do annoy me a bit, this is the type of shit that Ed Boon gets shit on Twitter for and.... while I think death threats are a bit extreme, I don't necessarily blame the angry reacts. If the story spoilers weren't enough to really piss on some of the fanbase, this right here is just another little slap in the face to some of us.

As for the second part of this thread, I don't know how I feel on some of this game because of things like this. From the story, to these, Mileena's sais being used and the moves, this on top of that, Erron Black's one intro with the joke character but I'm sure had a fan or two. I feel like all of this was almost a goal to piss some people off. But I don't know where I draw the line in pissing people off or just straight up trying to straight up say fuck you to some character's fanbases.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
As a big Mileena fan, yes, this is quite annoying. I’d rather her not be in the game at all than have her specials slapped onto Kitana and... bits... of her being used as gear.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
As a big Mileena fan, yes, this is quite annoying. I’d rather her not be in the game at all than have her specials slapped onto Kitana and... bits... of her being used as gear.
Yeah, this is just kind of annoying. I think some of them are annoying after I saw Twitter but then I see shit like this and: I get it. I don't ever really see a fanbase doing this much lowkey disrespectful shit to it's fans and getting away with it as much as NRS does on their games.

I was fine with Injustice, ya know. It had a dark story. When characters died in there, it was kinda just done, moved on, and they let it go. I think some deaths were poorly handled, sure. But they weren't outright disrespected.

For some reason, Boon and his fanbase with these games, toxic or not, they do some really disrespectful shit, people get disrespectful about it and everyone on NRS side gets shocked Pikachu face with the shit. I don't understand.

So, a few things. Story Spoiler. STORY SPOILER.
I don't understand the idea of already reseting everything. That in itself just feels like a big middle finger for the people who put their time and invested into these characters because now development for them is just...wiped away and nothing matters. I understand it wouldn't be the first time but jfc. ALL OF IT is gone.
STORY SPOILER So, that already has me pissed because from a writing stand point, literally what the fuck. Why?

Then you do things like the shitting on Mileena, things like this, the one Erron intro. I get while some could be chalked up to just "edgy trolling", then you have things like

This game really has no new modes or anything. Injustice 1 seemed to have more single player content. Why is that?

I gotta be honest. If I didn't love Mortal Kombat gameplay so much and cared about fighting games, I'd really be tuned out of this game. Because it just kinda feels lowkey shitty what they're doing outside of the core gameplay itself. And while that should be all that matters to a fighting game, I actually kinda want to care a bit more. I guess this is why what got me into Mortal Kombat was the guest shit because I always loved them and Mortal Kombat really couldn't mess them up too bad. So I could always have an attachment with them because if I had them for any Mortal Kombat character, random odds were I could be shit on the next game.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
People are reading too much into these items' names. Speaking of the Kollector, if you take a look at his backpacks, you can see they mention guys like Johnny Cage and Erron Black, goes to show that doesn't prove anything.
Does it directly have body parts though?

I don't see why people are "reading too much" into it. I gotta disagree. They're literally items with a character's body part attached and the character's attached are missing or /dead/. If they were just clever names, sure. But the goal is pretty clear with these items.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
This is hilarious to me and I cannot contain my laughter IRL. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Yeah, but why?

I think this shit is always funny to people until it's someone they want. Lol. I only thinks this drives it on home you really shouldn't get attached to any Mortal Kombat character.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
you really shouldn't get attached to any Mortal Kombat character.
This is why. :) At the end of the day MK is throwing around more be-headings than GOT (Comparatively speaking by cast size). If MK12 was coming out and they were dropping spoilers like "Cassie's Aviators" as an item for someone or "Sheeva's legacy" or something I would be bummed but shrug and find someone I can enjoy in the cast, because there's always someone.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
damn for someone who plays a game bulit around mutilating the other player nrs fans you sure are sensitive fans

melianna got KOLLECED. i dont see the issue here
That's acknowledging one part of the thread, but alright.

Yeah, it really is weird. I don't understand why anyone would be dedicated to any character in a game where the director clearly has some biased to some of them and enjoys shitting on his characters outside of a select few.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Basically, he is filled of things that are going to irritate a lot of people.

View attachment 14039

So, basically. If we're going off this, it's just a giant middle finger to a few characters.

I want to applaud the cleverness in these cosmetics but it's just another thing NRS does where instead of just leaving characters out, they have to straight up big time deconfirm them by calling them out of it.

So, going off this:

Havik is a no. (My only real wanted MK character, so, thanks for that.)

Goro is a no.

Motaro is a no.

Mileena fans just got shit on a bit more.

While Mileena fans do annoy me a bit, this is the type of shit that Ed Boon gets shit on Twitter for and.... while I think death threats are a bit extreme, I don't necessarily blame the angry reacts. If the story spoilers weren't enough to really piss on some of the fanbase, this right here is just another little slap in the face to some of us.

As for the second part of this thread, I don't know how I feel on some of this game because of things like this. From the story, to these, Mileena's sais being used and the moves, this on top of that, Erron Black's one intro with the joke character but I'm sure had a fan or two. I feel like all of this was almost a goal to piss some people off. But I don't know where I draw the line in pissing people off or just straight up trying to straight up say fuck you to some character's fanbases.
When she dies, her brain was eaten by the bugs too. There wouldn't of been anything to collect. Your looking more into it than it needs to be.

Last edited:

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
I guess this is my biggest problem is trying to understand why take things like this with: "Oh well, lol." I mean, that's fine.

But I also don't know why we fault people for having a problem with a character they love get disrespected like that. And trying to chalk it up to even Game Of Thrones doesn't exactly work in the same comparison to me either. While George RR Martin does some mean spirited things, it's also just how the show has to work. Or the book. And it feels like once he's done with them, he kinda moves forward from that point.

I just don't understand because I feel like if this was any other company, people would be like "Yo, that was kinda ass of you.".

ScorpXL

Goro?
Yeah, but why?

I think this shit is always funny to people until it's someone they want. Lol. I only thinks this drives it on home you really shouldn't get attached to any Mortal Kombat character.
For me, I don't really see it as NRS trying to disrespect their fanbase. It's all in good fun. I mean, I love Goro but I'd still find it funny if one of the gear pieces was just his fucking head on a chain lmao. Actually, can NRS go ahead and add something like that cuz I'd use it. :D

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
For me, I don't really see it as NRS trying to disrespect their fanbase. It's all in good fun. I mean, I love Goro but I'd still find it funny if one of the gear pieces was just his fucking head on a chain lmao. Actually, can NRS go ahead and add something like that cuz I'd use it. :D
But then they're literally go on Twitter and shit on it some more.

Like I said, I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

I totally get being disappointed about wanted characters not making the cut for the game, but I just don't get why some people feel personally attacked by things like this. "Salt in the wound" as some would call it. In the entire history of the series even before the rebooted timeline, characters were CONSTANTLY dying and coming back to life. These small things mean nothing in the grand scheme of it all. And while it may in fact be deconfirmation for some characters in this one game, the way people react would make you feel like NRS canceled the entire MK series and burned everything down lol.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I totally get being disappointed about wanted characters not making the cut for the game, but I just don't get why some people feel personally attacked by things like this. "Salt in the wound" as some would call it. In the entire history of the series even before the rebooted timeline, characters were CONSTANTLY dying and coming back to life. These small things mean nothing in the grand scheme of it all. And while it may in fact be deconfirmation for some characters in this one game, the way people react would make you feel like NRS canceled the entire MK series and burned everything down lol.
Over-dramatization is kind of the norm these days in gaming.

I don't see why this matters. If NRS wants a character in, the character will be in, regardless of the fact that Kollector has a gear named after them. They're just silly references. If they upset you, you're taking it too seriously.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
I guess my thing with this game isn't that it's just one select thing but I feel like there's collectively a ton of things going on here.

I understand how little death matters in Mortal Kombat. Johnny Cage died like..twice. Liu Kang, I think also died twice? Trying to recall. I know how little it matters. I need people to read my posts.

I have no issue with death. Game Of Thrones is my shit. I'm a comic fan. I'm used to characters I like going out out of no where or in brutal ways. Sure, fair enough. I also know in the world of fiction how little death matters.

All of that said, I have an issue with the extra little salt in the wound type shit. I also just don't understand then how people get so attached to characters in this series with all things considered.

Spoilers
I think the story and the lack of extra modes is what pissed me off the most. Seeing how tedious the Krypt is doesn't help. Straight up, I may just have to wait to see some other DLC announcements before I go all in on this game.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
While I get what the OP is saying, Kollector having a character's personal item means jack shit. Time travel, remember? He may have MKX Mileena's items, but Kronika could bring MK2 Mileena. Or MKD Havik. Or MK3 Stryker. Or anyone.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
While I get what the OP is saying, Kollector having a character's personal item means jack shit. Time travel, remember? He may have MKX Mileena's items, but Kronika could bring MK2 Mileena. Or MKD Havik. Or MK3 Stryker. Or anyone.
I mean, the only way to fully explain why I feel this is a not viable thing is mainly because of what the main story does.

And I have no idea what I'm allowed to explain on here but I'll say it very specifically: story spoilers.

I think the reset is what kinda ruins that for me. Or maybe, it shouldn't. Because now everything is open? I don't know because it doesn't seem explained very well. I feel like nothing exists now because it's all wiped back to day one is what it sounds like. And with that comes a ton of characters blatantly not exisiting. I have no idea how they'll chose to pick DLC though.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I play almost every character to some degree like everyone I have my favs but I have my top 3 which I love and always use. Those characters no matter how they look or play you main. I'm a character loyalist and that's why I get depressed if my main doesn't make it in.
No one should fault a character fanbase because they grew attachment to a character.

My top 5 are:

Cyrax
Mileena
Reptile
Smoke
Sub Zero

If 4/5 don't make it in I would seriously be hurt because I truly love them. I guess tier whores don't care cuz they just pick who wins?