What's new

Kollector Aug Patch Notes Discussion

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The command grab version was 100% better than spare change before the patch but now I’m not too sure.

Btw he has 40% one bar midscreen now. No krushing blow

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
The non command grab version(spare change) was always way, way, way better than the command grab variation, basically strictly better despite nobody ever trying it.

Its still the way to go now.
I main Kollector and I've only used the command grab online lmao. ^^^ just another example of a fake Kollector player:rolleyes:
but people who played kollector used to be special :(
The same thing happened after Firestorms buffs

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
If you trade with bola, you get a 30% combo. Lmao yea I think I’ll stick with the command grab variation

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 443 is punishable by most of the cast by even max range..

Jesus nrs if you’re going to buff him, buff him right. Smh

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
but perhaps in time now actual setups can be found it is true
He has legit restands for example:
F12 xx Bolt Amp, JIP1 443 21+3(you can camel it last hit into FB) 32% (Rest and) 0 on hit

I think he is legit A tier but I'm not sure where the entire cast is now so who knows? Geras got a buff lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
literally every single player who picks up Kollector that didn't play him before is a fraud just gonna put that out there.

Kollectors power is only for the faithful he's a good guy like that.
What if I had him in my pocket for casual matches, waiting until he got buffs before taking into serious fights?

Im glad I can take Kollector and D’vorah out of my pocket.

I wanted to use this bastard legitimately since his trailer dropped.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
What if I had him in my pocket for casual matches, waiting until he got buffs before taking into serious fights?

Im glad I can take Kollector and D’vorah out of my pocket.

I wanted to use this bastard legitimately since his trailer dropped.
Please do, he is legitimately fun to play.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Please do, he is legitimately fun to play.
Well i played him before, he was a pocket character meaning I’d pull him out every now and then and mostly lived off of opponents having poor matchup knowledge.

He was fun before but whenever I’d fight anyone who knew what they were up against he just wasn’t really rewarding for me. Now things have changed.

Rey

Reycier
The problem with the kollector is still there, that you can easily jump out of anything he could do?!
The buffs are nice and necessary but will they help for long turn?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I don't know, the buffs don't seem that good to me.

A meterless launcher is cool but doesn't make or break the character IMO. Although being able to check people for real from s4 range is NICE. Bola still whiffs from max distance. Vial and bomb being better is cool but I don't see it as a game changer yet. You can still jump out of most of his pressure. B1 change is minimal but good.

I'm torn on the F3 change. Being able to dial the string without consequence was a staple of my gameplan when getting in. Now you're punishable if you do it on block. BUT you can potentially use it for counter zoning which is weird but cool.

I'll have to test him out more but I don't think he's significantly changed.

Spare change got some very large upgrades imo. Without hurting backpack it was a lot of buffs.

He will still suffer to frame traps but he is still really good.

Having more chances to explode vial is really good. And blanketing the ground does a lot of mental damage.

The pop-up string gives his footsie game a huge threat at that range now. I always felt the need to move forward with him for pressure but now 44 is great. Straight mace makes it harder to react to now which will help a little bit.

443 now gives kollector a much more viable way to set up vial to bombs now. And the increased vial duration means you don't have to fish for frame perfect scenarios anymore.

Bola Nerf is sad but it didn't make sense the amount of vertical space it took up.

I miss my auto confirms with his f3. Not really sure how good it is to cancel now as it is very unsafe except at full screen. But it's not like it's fast enough to contest zoning. I guess it could be used for gimmick staggers, but without the threat of cancels it's very little reward. I really really liked f3 autoconfirms.

And thank you for 2 1+3 fatals. So many times f4 fatal would whiff but this gives an extremely consistent way to get it now. Too bad they didn't go all the way and just give cancels lol.

@Evil Canadian yes tax that ass, I'm no kollector main but I try and contribute.

Swoops

Noob
I miss my auto confirms with his f3. Not really sure how good it is to cancel now as it is very unsafe except at full screen. But it's not like it's fast enough to contest zoning. I guess it could be used for gimmick staggers, but without the threat of cancels it's very little reward. I really really liked f3 autoconfirms.
I'm torn on the F3 change. Being able to dial the string without consequence was a staple of my gameplan when getting in. Now you're punishable if you do it on block. BUT you can potentially use it for counter zoning which is weird but cool.

I'll have to test him out more but I don't think he's significantly changed.
I think I'm in a different boat with F3. I like the option to continue into a few different mid options even if they are punishable. Adds a lot of layers IMO to throwing out a F3. Before if the opponent was playing patient and they just blocked the F3 you were pretty much forced to go into a -5 situation which kollector does not do well with. Now you can F3, F31, F312, F3 xx mace, F3 xx tele etc.

I find it hard to undersell what a 14f, massive range hit-confirmable meterless launcher that leads into above average damage and good oki situations does for a character. I don't think this patch "fixed" any weaknesses he has, but I was in the camp that really didn't think Kollector had all these crazy issues that everybody made him out to have.

Truthfully, the stuff I'm most excited about are the little QOL things. eg faster mace for tighter normal cancels, better recovery on whiffed 44 (!), D2 buff, wakeup U2 buff (!), and various hitbox improvements that may or may not be significant. B3 in particular is a super underrated move that just got better.