What's new

KOF XIII is the current best fighting game............my humble opinion.

it's the honest fighting game because it' very fundamentals based ,which means if you are good at fighting games you can be quite the monster with basic knowledge of the system.

i have been playing for a while seen some videos and discovered some stuff on my own that i would like to share :

the best team to start with should be a light execution team like ;

Ryu has the best normals and i consider him the one of the best starting character.

kyo: the one with all the tools and really easy to master, plus he is very flashy.

king: is the best zoner in game ,i consider her kinda kitana-ish

shen woo: he is the best rushdown oriented character and very easy to learn.

iori: a mixup master and quite the hard hitter.

ralf: is easy to master and he is balanced.

leona: is an overpowered bitch she is a turtler and a powerhouse when she needs to deal some damage very ,a bit steeper learning curve though.

robert: my personal favorite he has an answer for every situation zoning ,great mix up game up close and quite damaging at the corner.

andy: is a beast at zoning ,mix ups ,frame traps and huge fuckin damage i had to play with guy to be able to counter him effectively.

terry: very easy ,very high damage but really unsafe specials.

every one of those fighters can be effective in any place in your team, depending on your game and how do you want to use meter and drive.

KOF XIII is very scary and hard to play effectively right away but the good thing is once you master one character you can play most of the roster relatively easy it's all about learning the system , specials and supers are very similar input wise and the HD mode starts quite easily leading to gigantic amounts of damage if you don't drop the combo.

the game also has a shortcut system to help with the harder specials into supers and constant cancels making your life a bit easier ,i play it on my xbox controller using the analog sticks quite effectively ,ah btw here is the equivalent for testyourmight.com for KOF check it out http://dreamcancel.com/

i think this is the best fighting game ever made ,what do you think?

I don't know if I would say that KoF XIII is the best fighting game ever, but it is an amazing game. I really like it.

and also LOL at Leona being overpowered

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Athena is simply the best there is.

If you thought Kitana's fans were annoying...ooooooh boy.

I don't know if I would say that KoF XIII is the best fighting game ever, but it is an amazing game. I really like it.

and also LOL at Leona being overpowered
you should play against a decent leona ,the bitch shuts your every option if she has meter plus she deals heavy damage it's like playing with johny cage againt subzero before patches.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
It looks like a blast to play but a chore to learn. I'm having much more fun with street fighter x tekken to be honest.

If the netcode is any good it'd be great to have some tag matches with some of you tym guys when sf x t comes out!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
leona is on a tier of her own OP, the lowest tier. 3 KOF pros (names escape me) constructed a tier list and although they say the roster is really really competitive, leona just sucks ass.

anyway great game really enjoy it i rep the psycho soldiers, fuck yeah kensou. athena is mai waifu and chin is badass.

you should play against a decent leona ,the bitch shuts your every option if she has meter plus she deals heavy damage it's like playing with johny cage againt subzero before patches.
I do play agains't decent Leonas. Not that hard to deal with. You just gotta learn how to play against her. I had trouble with her too but a friend of mine discussed the match-up with me so now Leona isn't that bad.

Also Leona doesn't suck ass either. Just cause she is on the bottom tier doesn't mean she is bad. Bottom tier in this is like C-tier. Ive seen plenty of good Leona's. Check out 4leaf. Super good Leona.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
All of the way on the other side of the country for me! WOOOOOO! I think I'll walk there now!

*Packs bags and grabs some Cheetos*

*Dies at Ohio*

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
KOFXIII's too good lol.

I haven't played it, but I've seen it in action. The ONLY thing I can say I dislike about the game is that it's a 3v3 game, and that's just a personal gripe (I'm just not a huge fan of being forced to learn multiple characters to play, though I do play games like CvS2 and plan on playing SFxT anyway).

Tim Static

Adminerator
KOFXIII's too good lol.

I haven't played it, but I've seen it in action. The ONLY thing I can say I dislike about the game is that it's a 3v3 game, and that's just a personal gripe (I'm just not a huge fan of being forced to learn multiple characters to play, though I do play games like CvS2 and plan on playing SFxT anyway).
yea the 3v3 part is my least favorite thing about it. wish it was just a 1v1

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

EDIT: Alright I kid. I'm still into mk like no other around me. I agree we should make a thread for this subject.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I bought the game and didn't really get into that much, but recently I saw a match between Justin Wong and Reynald at NEC I think and it was pretty cool. I saw it in a differnt light when it was played at a high level. Yeah, the 3vs3 pretty much is the deciding factor in me not playing it. Also, its kinda weird someone coming on this site and saying another fighting game is the best, just saying.

I bought the game and didn't really get into that much, but recently I saw a match between Justin Wong and Reynald at NEC I think and it was pretty cool. I saw it in a differnt light when it was played at a high level. Yeah, the 3vs3 pretty much is the deciding factor in me not playing it. Also, its kinda weird someone coming on this site and saying another fighting game is the best, just saying.
i thought it's the other games forum ...............my bad -_-