What's new

Tech - Kobu Jutsu Kobu Tele Cancels after the patch

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Anyone else been testing this out? This is what I have found, correct me if I am wrong.

B1 2+4 tele cancel: Pre-patch was -1 or 2, is at least -7 now
B2 tele cancel: Was +1 or 2, is at least -7 now
112 tele cancel: Was +2 or 3, seems -2 or 3 now
B11 tele cancel: Was +10, seems -1 or 2 now
F2: Was +2 or 3, seems neutral or +1 now
34: Was +6, seems neutral or +1 now

The way I tested is I set to non-armored reversals and then saw if I could still frametrap with d1. I couldnt do that with any of them except F2 sometimes(which is weird). I also found they are slightly harder to do.

I really want to see what everyone else comes up with as far as testing goes, since I am hoping I am messing up somewhere.

Last edited:

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
wait, was there any reason to run cancel after a teleport cancel? o.0?
Not run cancel after the teleport cancel, but it seems that this patch has messed up cancels in general where you are supposed to be plus or where it's part of a combo. In Tanya's case, her teleport cancel is supposed to be plus but with cancels currently not working correctly I hope this is just a bug, otherwise that's going to put quite a dent in Tanya's Kobu Jutsu pressure :(

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yeah i, its nice that some of the weaker characters got buffed, but a lot of the other ones got nerfed pretty unfairly, poor cancel pressure.

maybe ill just wait until they stop making patches to decide who i really want to all use, i hate getting comfortable with a character and having them be changed on me right when i get used to em.

Zoidberg747

One can only hope they will be fixed. Otherwise she'll have to rely on rekka pressure and thats it.

Zoidberg747

So I just went and tested and the teleport cancels seem the same. Anyone else with the hotfix notice any difference?

rekka pressure pretty good i dont think she needs the teleport frame frame traps
Its ok but its punishable against some characters and is not something she can base her entire offense around. She'll survive if the changes stick but she'll probably barely be top 10, if at all.