What's new

Strategy Knowing Your Arsenal - A Deathstroke Move Analysis and Discussion

drywall

Noob
I've snuck in a trait after clash for 3xmachine gun +1 grenade. Also it's good if someone gets jumpy further than 1 dash away. AND you can stand block supermans jump laser, then reversal machine gun anywhere closer than 1 dash in from fullscreen. You can also block and punish sinestro's impact event and batman's grapple a little further than dash in distance with machine gun. Still don't know what to do with up machine gun though.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I've snuck in a trait after clash for 3xmachine gun +1 grenade. Also it's good if someone gets jumpy further than 1 dash away. AND you can stand block supermans jump laser, then reversal machine gun anywhere closer than 1 dash in from fullscreen. You can also block and punish sinestro's impact event and batman's grapple a little further than dash in distance with machine gun. Still don't know what to do with up machine gun though.

Interesting reversal punishes. I'll take note.

And while I do believe MG has its uses, Upwards MG is just pointless lol. I use it on bad Hawkgirl players online if I want a good laugh.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Upwards machine gun can be useful on Hawkgirl, and can stop people who love to box jump or low airdash. It's not completely useless, just... almost.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Upwards machine gun can be useful on Hawkgirl, and can stop people who love to box jump or low airdash. It's not completely useless, just... almost.

It's just so darn slow that you have to predict someone's action to use it. And if you predict wrong, prepare to eat **** thanks to the recovery time. It's near impossible to do on reaction.

And if you DO have time to use upwards machine gun, you probably have time to do a jump back air quick fire, or even meet them air to air with a Ji1 and convert it into a combo for more damage.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
is it worth sticking with deathstroke? or am i better off playing BA or AM or SM?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Time for some D2 guys. I know we talked about it a lot, but I'm really starting to warm up to the move more.

Axel_Redd

i wish they'd make his low gunshots safer, same for air gunshots.

has anyone even mentioned deathstroke buffs to hector? o-0

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Ok, so I've kinda dropped the ball with this guide as of late, but I'm trying to get back on the horse. B23F2 is up, and I'll probably do a comparison to B222 next.

What do people think between the 2 strings?

Axel_Redd

b23f2 is probably better for specific stages since it can actually grant u combo's with certain interactibles, like the electrical cables in the batcave.

drywall

Noob
I throw B23F2 out in neutral range because if I whiff the B2 the follow up 3 might hit them and is still safe on block. Also it is an ok alternative to B222 because people usually get a jump in when I whiff B222 so B23 moves me under them with less recovery. I still prefer B222 for the hard knockdown though.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
It's important to note that the whole string only comes out on hit, too. No danger of screwing yourself over with a grenade - and I've tried pretty hard to make it miss in the lab.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
It's important to note that the whole string only comes out on hit, too. No danger of screwing yourself over with a grenade - and I've tried pretty hard to make it miss in the lab.

I just tried it today. Doomsday with trait on while crouching, the grenade will whiff. It travels and a disappointingly low arc lol.

Also, I hate the second 2 of B222 sometimes. It just whiffs for no good reason on occasion. At least B23 moves DS forwards as drywall mentioned.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I just tried it today. Doomsday with trait on while crouching, the grenade will whiff. It travels and a disappointingly low arc lol.

Also, I hate the second 2 of B222 sometimes. It just whiffs for no good reason on occasion. At least B23 moves DS forwards as drywall mentioned.
Technicality much? :p

Crathen

Death is my business
Never mentioned here but you can combo off b23 in the corner with either f23xxMB SS ( or f23xxSF for no meter ) or d1xxMB SS ( works on all characters ) , you can 12xxMB SS on big characters , timing is kinda strict but doable.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Never mentioned here but you can combo off b23 in the corner with either f23xxMB SS ( or f23xxSF for no meter ) or d1xxMB SS ( works on all characters ) , you can 12xxMB SS on big characters , timing is kinda strict but doable.

On the ground? I know you can combo out of B23 on a juggled opponent. I haven't had any luck on standing.