What's new

Kitana's "new" godlike blockstring.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
CREDIT: Mr. Mileena

It is widely used now, but tonight I added to it and found something sort of broken.

JPS~112~:en Cutter

Why is this so good?

* It jails your opponent so once they block the Jump Punch, they have to stand block the entire string.
* It does 11% chip damage.
* It builds 70% of one bar of meter.
* It is 100% safe.

If you have two bars of meter and you land a Jump Punch into this blockstring and it is blocked, you will end up with nearly two bars of meter again and be completely safe.

Using the old string of JPS~112~Cutter does 8% chip and builds just over 1/2 of a bar of meter and is very much worth using. But if you can afford the meter (close to xray), then use the :en Cutter for sure.

You can even use these strings on someone who is standblocking and it will jail them the same.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Is this the new CD tech? I thought it had to do with 2,1 as mentioned on VSM last night?
I really hope it isnt, so there's more tech out there for Kit.
Kind of been getting a little emo because it seems like everyone
else is getting new tech every day, while Kit players are still having
to use IaFan and d1 to get the job done.

If "The science of Sheeva" comes out before the cd tech, ill have no choice but to cry big, burly, man tears

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
lol wonder shelf was telling me he thought he it had to do with EX Cutter. I dismissed it b/c EX Cutter is only good as chip and I was thinking it USED UP meter, not regain it almost entirely. So 112 builds more meter and does more chip then f4, 1 canceled, shoulda figured that.

EDIT: I still like using f4, 1 b/c it can hit confirm and has maximized purpose whther their blocking or not. I know f4, 1~cutter did 6% chip and built just over half a bar. Also I just tested it and it seems like f4, 1~EX Cutter regains just 8-10% less meter than the 112 string (Im just visually estimating).

I understand that f4,1 strings dont completely jail, but I rarely find sum1 who's risky enough to try and exploit the holes it has. Allso off of jps (the only time I would use these block strings since I prrefer her to use 2,1 and f2,1 hit confirms on the ground) you can occasionally mixup the opp, tho the chip from the block strings is close enough from the low that hits after the initial chip (Eg jps f4, b4 does 3% chip first then 7% hit dmg).

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Its the last thing Mr Mileena does in this vid followed by a d1. It's a great way to chip people out if needed.

I do this all the time, however, don't make it a habit.
I also do this, jp, f4,1 cancel before 2nd hit of 1, cutter, or ex cutter.

it is NOT safe.
jp,1,1,2, cutter is 100% safe.

If you enhance your cutter, you CAN be poked out of it, and Armor moves will punish you.

Ravox

Winter is Coming...
I really hope it isnt, so there's more tech out there for Kit.
Kind of been getting a little emo because it seems like everyone
else is getting new tech every day, while Kit players are still having
to use IaFan and d1 to get the job done.

If "The science of Sheeva" comes out before the cd tech, ill have no choice but to cry big, burly, man tears
There's a character in the game called Sub-Zero, yeah, hello.

Interesting. So normal cutter jails them but ex cutter doesn't?
that's correct.
You could end it in EX cutter to mix it up here and then, but if they poke you out of it, they know what they're doing, and you shouldn't go for the enhanced anymore.

Detroit was the only one at Dev who punished me (we've been playing since mk9 came out) and he told me at Dev he would poke me out if it, and he did.
Online it's safe.
Offline it will be poked out of, or punished with an armor attack, via, sub's slide, jade's ex glow, etc.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
First of all, this has nothing to do with the new tech.

But anyway. It is a good string to use on occasion. I personally just like using it to chip out to win a round/match.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I also do it at 1:21, where drdogg says the last part of the cutter is an overhead, it is not.
I re-watched Devastation top 8 last week and realized how stupid Dr Dogg's commentary was for half the thing. I think he wanted you to end a full combo with ex cutter at one point.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I also do it at 1:21, where drdogg says the last part of the cutter is an overhead, it is not.
He also says in the video that the matchup against Noob is 4-6, it is not.

Every1 thinks that hit is overhead. I think EX Cutter should be buffed where the first part jails and has armour and the second part hits overhead so ppl cant just duck and punish cutters all the time. Not whining, I know she's already super solid of course but I think there should be a more safe cutter/wakeup tool avail once in a while.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Interesting. So the :en Cutter does not jail? Is this on startup or between the 2nd and 3rd hits? I can see it being interrupted inbetween the second and third hit.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
He also says in the video that the matchup against Noob is 4-6, it is not.

Every1 thinks that hit is overhead. I think EX Cutter should be buffed where the first part jails and has armour and the second part hits overhead so ppl cant just duck and punish cutters all the time. Not whining, I know she's already super solid of course but I think there should be a more safe cutter/wakeup tool avail once in a while.
No more armor-all. Kitana is fairly well balanced IMO and armor is the last thing she needs especially because her wakeup game is the only weak point in her game.

I've tested this and Ex cutter jails on high block. I've tested this on multiple characters including SZ, reptile, sektor and Shang tsung. Jails on all of them.

I don't think I'm wrong but if someone could show me how to poke or a better way to test then I'll try that out.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've tested this and Ex cutter jails on high block. I've tested this on multiple characters including SZ, reptile, sektor and Shang tsung. Jails on all of them.

I don't think I'm wrong but if someone could show me how to poke or a better way to test then I'll try that out.
Well, if you can't duck during the ex cutter part of the string, then you sure as hell can't poke her out of it.

Perhaps [MENTION=588]Mr. Kitana[/MENTION] was referring to doing it on a non-jail string like he did in the end of that video vs Tom Brady?

Let's get to the bottom of this. I plan on testing it tonight for sure but it won't be for awhile yet.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Ex cutter definitely can be poked out of. I was just in an online match (really surprising that this was doable there) where I tried to chip out with f4,1~ex cutter against a Sektor player. Before the 2nd hit of ex cutter, he hit me with Sektor's 1,2,b1.

Ex cutter definitely can be poked out of. I was just in an online match (really surprising that this was doable there) where I tried to chip out with f4,1~ex cutter against a Sektor player. Before the 2nd hit of ex cutter, he hit me with Sektor's 1,2,b1.
Damn