What's new

General/Other - Kitana Kitana Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
Them giving the darker colors and dark eye shadow to mournful variation make more sense than with assassin. Would fit that variation so much better. Then have assassin be regular blue Kitana.

Her variety variation wise looks promising, eager and hopeful that mournful has quite a few staff based normals for longer footsies otherwise it's kind of like having the staff is almost a waste if it's only staff grab.

Them giving the darker colors and dark eye shadow to mournful variation make more sense than with assassin. Would fit that variation so much better. Then have assassin be regular blue Kitana.

Her variety variation wise looks promising, eager and hopeful that mournful has quite a few staff based normals for longer footsies otherwise it's kind of like having the staff is almost a waste if it's only staff grab.
It would actually be pretty rad to see that look for her mournful variation instead, albeit maybe a bit more subtle on the makeup.
Likewise on the staff normals. It will be interesting to see how devs make use of it's range.

MK Led

Umbasa
Anyone else hope that you can cancel mb DP into air fans for a combo?
Looks like you can cancel this into at least some sort of kick, from the Kitana Konnections trailer (around 1:28).

Also hype for Kitana having actual mix-ups now :O

You know, with her initial reveal I wasn't too pleased to see Kitana because she had died in the last game. That's the honest truth right there. But, seeing as we've seen her Variations broken down in the Kombat Kast and with 16 Bit's video about her the other day, I'm actually starting to get hyped for Kitana. I like having a female "main" to coincide with my male ones, so I'm thinking she may just be it.

Well, either her or Tanya if she makes the cut :DOGE

When MKX's roster was first shown at E3 and we didn't know who was coming back, I had planned on using Cassie as a main. Primarily because Johnny was my MK9 main, and reports were that she has some of Johnny's stuff in her Hollywood variation.

Fast forward to today and after seeing what Cassie and Kitana (plus her new look) bring to the table, I'm leaning towards maining Kitana. And I'll openly admit, I never gave a rat's a$$ about Kitana. I also never cared about Kano, and he looks more appealing to me than he ever did before. Now if Johnny is playable, then he's the main man. Johnny-Kitana-Kano

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I remember them saying something in the stream like air fans and fan lift are universal tools across all variations. Is that correct?

Because that would mean in Mournful she has Jades boomerang (which seems like the fastest projectile so far) to toss, fans to toss in the air, Jades projectile to toss diagonal in the air and grounded, as well as fan lift.

That seems kinda crazy lol.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I remember them saying something in the stream like air fans and fan lift are universal tools across all variations. Is that correct?

Because that would mean in Mournful she has Jades boomerang (which seems like the fastest projectile so far) to toss, fans to toss in the air, Jades projectile to toss diagonal in the air and grounded, as well as fan lift.

I'm pretty sure her air fans and ground fans get replaced by the glaive in Mournful, but she should still have her lift and her float.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

When I messaged Paulo about this, he said that Kitana keeps her fan lift and upcutter in Mournful, but the other fan specials are replaced with glaive specials

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Damn, I always forget her upcutter exists. I really hope there's more to that special than what meets the eye.

I'm really hoping she can get a combo after it because it looks like it'd be reeeeeally unsafe on block, and she can't even combo after it..... well, here's to hoping it has some versatility lol

E

Eldriken

If that's Dark Kitana from the story trailer, I hope it's an alt. I'll definitely use it if it is.

Hey Fellas! I guess I'll chime in on what I think of Kitty Baby thus far.

I think that the Royal Storm variation will be the go to variation for the following reasons:

- Full Screen Fan Lift will pretty much win projectile wars with the trade going in her favor
- Speaking of projectile wars, the projectile parry augments the first thought if your opponent gets trigger happy.
- The uppercut special looks to be a pretty good reversal at first sight.
- The sneaky little flap in mid air to float her jump and mistime anti-airs looks like a cool way to blow people up.
- Her High Low mixup normals look like they are going to be a problem (in a good way for us that is).

Assassin looks like it's going to be a beast and IDK about the Mournful ( since IDK how that one will be better than how jade was in MK9). However, I'll be trying out all variations with RS taking priority.

Just an observation I made: It seems as though NRS changed her square wave to be universal.

In this video around 9:40ish you can see her do it in her assassin variation (also pretty sick combo) as well as the royal storm one. This could be new or old gameplay though.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Kitana's 2nd fatality description:
She tosses her closed fans at her opponent, one lodging in their chest and the second in their face. The fans then flare themselves open, splitting the opponents head and chest in two. Kitana then launches a Fan-nado at the opponent which whirls their body into the air and separates various body parts which splatter back down on the ground.

E

Eldriken

Kitana's 2nd fatality description:
She tosses her closed fans at her opponent, one lodging in their chest and the second in their face. The fans then flare themselves open, splitting the opponents head and chest in two. Kitana then launches a Fan-nado at the opponent which whirls their body into the air and separates various body parts which splatter back down on the ground.
Where did you get this from? =O

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yo Kitanas been getting on my damn nerves lately... Always with the throwing shit... Running round like a damn ninja.. Girl spose 2 b a princess... Won't do anything I want her to do... Grrr