What's new

General/Other - Kitana Kitana Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Mst

Noob
1) During the part of the stream where they show off the Assassin variation, they did her Assassin Strike move with Sharpen active. It did 23% for three hits. They then did the EX version, which killed the opponent and did the same three hits, but did only 19%. Now this can mean that the Sharpen version does 23% and the EX only does 19%, or that the opponent takes less damage while in the final 25% of their lifebar.
The additional 4% on the Sharpen version is the extra dmg boost you get from Sharpen i think. The first two hits do 14% with Sharpen active and the third hit does 9% for a total of 23%. The meter burn version does 12% on the first 2 hits and 7% on third hit for 19% total.

If you do the meter burn version while you have Sharpen active you get bonus dmg from Sharpen and possibly bonus dmg from the meter burn and armor.

The 32% XRay is 10 hits and the 29% XRay is 9 hits. In Mournful its 4 hits for 19% dmg before she throws the fans at him in the air. In Royal Storm (the Match they play) its 3 hits for 14% before she throws the fans.

Screenshots

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The additional 4% on the Sharpen version is the extra dmg boost you get from Sharpen i think. The first two hits do 14% with Sharpen active and the third hit does 9% for a total of 23%. The meter burn version does 12% on the first 2 hits and 7% on third hit for 19% total.

If you do the meter burn version while you have Sharpen active you get bonus dmg from Sharpen and possibly bonus dmg from the meter burn and armor.

The 32% XRay is 10 hits and the 29% XRay is 9 hits. In Mournful its 4 hits for 19% dmg before she throws the fans at him in the air. In Royal Storm (the Match they play) its 3 hits for 14% before she throws the fans.
Thanks! I'm certain that your analysis of Sharpen and her AS move are correct. I will update my post.

The Xray that Tyler did at 48:59 seemed to have one of the initial attacks whiff which caused the move to do only 29% instead of 32%.

Mst

Noob
Thanks! I'm certain that your analysis of Sharpen and her AS move are correct. I will update my post.

The Xray that Tyler did at 48:59 seemed to have one of the initial attacks whiff which caused the move to do only 29% instead of 32%.
Yep on the second XRay the hit counter shows up on the third hit of the XRay. The first time they do the XRay (in jades variation) the dmg is at 14% at this time compared to 10% on the second XRay.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yep on the second XRay the hit counter shows up on the third hit of the XRay. The first time they do the XRay (in jades variation) the dmg is at 14% at this time compared to 10% on the second XRay.
Maybe it simply does more in Mournful?

Reactions: Mst

Mst

Noob
Maybe it simply does more in Mournful?
This was what i was thinking of when i read your first post, that here Mournful XRay has one hit more but i was looking at the end where she hits the skull with her knee, but its 2 hits both times.

In her Mournful variation she also misses the yellowish effect she has in the Royal Storm variation when performing the XRay.

Maybe she can hold her XRay and this is when the yellowish effect appears but it takes one hit away or it has something to do with Reptile trying to throw here when she starts the XRay.

The second regular hit in the Royal Storm XRay whiffs.

Screenshots

Last edited:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think Kitana looked great. I was very happy with all 3 Variations. Without even seeing the entire cast and what everyone else can do, I think she will have options to deal with everything, and be a very strong character in her own right.

Some shit that blew my mind today while watching.

-Dat Alt Costume Art: Looked so fuckin good, hype for that costume
-Movable Fan lift move!!!: crazyness!!
-A projectile reflect!! Yes Please!!
-A variation with a Parry!! Yes Please, MK players loves hittin dem buttons
-Square Ass is back and better then EVER!!!
-A DP like Fan move, looked fast and awesome
-The Sharpen shit, need to know more about that, could make that variation the strongest of all 3.
-The crazy float - this was one of my favorite things,

Wish we coulda seen Mournful a little more indepth. I only watched the stream once, but did he do a low poke at one point and the staff came out?? It really didn't seem like he showed us all that much besides the special moves. I wanna know if some combo strings or normals have the staff in them for some more rangey options on the ground.

Only 2 months to go!!! Yay!!!

Edit: Is it just me or does Kitanas Sweep not knock down Scorpion when he is Demoing the Assassin Variation?? Just rewatching parts at work, seems wierd, staggers him back.

Last edited:

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Kitana is the only character so far that I can't decide on a certain variation to use. I really love them all.
Too bad the Assassin strike looks extremely punishable. and I'm not really a fan of her alt.

E

Eldriken

Kitana is the only character so far that I can't decide on a certain variation to use. I really love them all.
Too bad the Assassin strike looks extremely punishable. and I'm not really a fan of her alt.
It should be extremely punishable on block. It seems to come out rather fast, so if you're right in their face, it might hit almost instantly if they're not blocking.

But like I stated in another thread, if that move can have its run animation canceled, she's gonna hopefully have some ridiculous knockdown shenanigans with it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Did you guys see the pushback on her Throat Slice? I'm assuming it's punishable but jeez.

Also are you kidding me with that reflect bullshit?! -___________-

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Where are the fools that were saying the AssasiN variation is a homage for Skarlet?

I didn't saw nothing related to Skarlet in that variation, not moves or the way to be played, the AssasiN strike that everyone was talking about of how is similar to red dash and stuff, it ended up being her own thing, a long range punishing move, which certainly its not her primary attacking or mixup tool, its more of a punishing tool that will get her up close if you mess up doing things when you shoudln't, she doesn't has daggers, teleport, or bloodballs either.
Those members (including the ones in angola who were saying the same thing) needs to stop selling these bills, sub-Zero and reptile do have a slide, ermac and scorpion have teleports.

Kitana is fine, cool on its own way although its not a character i will main this time, i think she got an interesting variation design. She looks basically totally different from the way she played in MK9, but the zoning archtype is still there and marks a strong presence, can't wait to see how sharpen will be used.

And i'm actually glad she doesn't have anything that resembles Skarlet at all, her proprieties looks different enough, and what in the world would such roalty have anything to do with a hemomancer Kunoichi? Thank god.

E

Eldriken

Every time there is an image or clip released the female faces look different. Some times better, some times worse.
While I can live with Kitana's face, I wouldn't mind her face looking better the next time we see her.

MK Led

Umbasa
Anyone else hope that you can cancel mb DP into air fans for a combo?
I would hope that's possible while in the air after a non Mb one; that move looks like a more offensive version of her back-2 from mk9. Though the fact that it's a special move does make it less likely :/

Also, I hope you can at least combo into the rising fan from that two hit string (the one that uses the fans in the animation) that we keep seeing, but in the stream Tyler only ever followed that up with fan lift, so who can say.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm personally not a fan (no pun intended) of the dark streak across her eyes. The fact that I can't see her masked without it, unless I use Mournful, irritates me.

Rorshock

Noob
What did they do to her eye makeup lmao.

I'm cool with the raccoon look in a lot of cases, but it seems kind of sloppily done in this latest update. The makeup she had in her reveal trailer was much better imho. But hey, if the black streak across her face stays then so be it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Anyone else hope that you can cancel mb DP into air fans for a combo?
I was honestly hoping for something like BG's Flying Bat MB version. I hope she can get SOMETHING after the MB'd version, or it seems kind of pointless.

Maybe a d1 into fans after? Who knows, can't wait to hit the lab.

Last edited: