What's new

General/Other - Kitana Kitana Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Has there been anything on her neutral game or frame data (if someone has the game already)?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I feel like there's going to be a mad rush to see who can come up with the most damaging Mournful combo. It's sad that so many people are writing off that variation already.

I know I'll be hitting the lab hard with her across the board. Her damage into those resets for only a bar is just...

**orgasm**

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Double post, but yeah, who cares.

Does anyone know how long her "Sharpen" lasts in Assassin? I've noticed that they've added a glowing eye effect when the move initiates, and it looks like about 4 seconds or so? It's hard to tell. Or maybe it just depends on how many fan attacks you use. Any clarification would be appreciated. :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Double post, but yeah, who cares.

Does anyone know how long her "Sharpen" lasts in Assassin? I've noticed that they've added a glowing eye effect when the move initiates, and it looks like about 4 seconds or so? It's hard to tell. Or maybe it just depends on how many fan attacks you use. Any clarification would be appreciated. :)

Regular Sharpen lasts for 6 seconds. EX lasts for 10. It's not dependent on how many attacks you use. Just a straight up buff to any fan attack for that duration.

E

Eldriken

Regular Sharpen lasts for 6 seconds. EX lasts for 10. It's not dependent on how many attacks you use. Just a straight up buff to any fan attack for that duration.
Six seconds on regular? Hell yeah. That's an awesome amount for not requiring meter.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Smh, I NEED to touch this game to see where I'm going to end up at 1st. Although @GGA 16 Bit hit me with a good suggestion from the other day. Too much suspense.

What uses so far have been found for float?

So far tinkering in training mode I have:
-Bait antiairs(haven't tested much yet)
-Double overhead(Jump attack xx float, jump attack)
-Instant air float pressure
-Can make the jump attack after float hit mid or overhead depending on timing(early= mid, late=overhead)

Edit:
-Theoretically: Condition the opponent to respect instant float overhead. Then you can start mixing it up with instant float delay overhead or instant float land low attack.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's very good for baiting anti-airs.

You can use it in footsies. Like walk into the range of their advancing normal then neutral jump then float and bop them with NJP.

You can use it to mix up your zoning patterns. Jump back air fan vs. jump back float then air fan. If they're trying to move in.

You can use it after u+2 and f+2,2,u+2 to float after those attacks are blocked. There are ways to punish them but you can mix it up to make them have to guess. You can do stuff like f+2,2,u+2~float~air fan if they're hesitating then trying to go in.

You can use it as anti-zoning. You're in a projectile battle and you jump back. You can see if they didn't do their projectile you do yours. If they did you can air float to hop over theirs.

Rorshock

Noob
What's her best quick punish string? 2,1, fan --> BnB is serving me well at the moment for scenarios where f1,1,2 fan is too slow to punish, but I get the feeling what I'm doing is sub-optimal.

Sidenote: There are lots of threads on the Kitana forums which have 1 combo video in them. Should we create a combo thread for people to pose their vids to to get it more organized?

Edit: Nvm, it seems that a combo threat was just made.

Last edited: