What's new

Kitana Patch Notes (v. 1.07)

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Via reddit. Patch is live on PS4 (5.04 GB)

Kitana
• Kitana - Edenian Razors now has 2 different ranges, is now a mid, has decreased pushback, has increased hitstun, had its hit region adjusted, and slightly adjusted startup, active and recovery frames depending on when the button is released
• Kitana - Royal Protection startup is now 5 frames (was 10), has 5 more active frames, and recovery has been reduced by 3 frames
• Kitana - Royal Protection buff duration is now 6 seconds (was 3 seconds), the damage buff on successful parry was reduced to 33% (was 50%)
• Kitana - Half-Blood Stance Gutted Krushing Blow recovery has been reduced
• Kitana - Half-Blood Stance Dive Kick now enters a ducking state on the 5th frame of the attack while lowering to the ground
• Kitana - Square Wave and (Air) Square Wave now do 80 damage (was 60)
• Kitana - Fixed issue with (Air) Square Wave that could allow for an OTG attack to occur

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Is the Razors change worth anything? Because honestly this looks pretty garbage otherwise

dph1990

Noob
I know I sound all butthurt and reactive but I’m genuinely considering dropping this game now. Kitana main since MKII and this just isn’t Kitana; I stupidly thought NRS would fix it. Nope.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I know I sound all butthurt and reactive but I’m genuinely considering dropping this game now. Kitana main since MKII and this just isn’t Kitana; I stupidly thought NRS would fix it. Nope.
Is there no other character in the game that appeals to you? Sometimes it's best to be flexible. Being a Jade fan, there's been a lot of the games where I just didn't have the option of playing her, so had to find another character to main in those games.

Maybe it's time for you to try out someone who isn't Kitana in this game.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Is there no other character in the game that appeals to you? Sometimes it's best to be flexible. Being a Jade fan, there's been a lot of the games where I just didn't have the option of playing her, so had to find another character to main in those games.

Maybe it's time for you to try out someone who isn't Kitana in this game.
Don't players say its best to stick to one main? What I heard anyways.

@DarksydeDash yeah but up above in the post, people are talking shit about the edenian razors. It is pretty legit broken right now. It does way too much chip, I dont think they thought about the chip damage when they gave her the two versions to make her plus frames consistent.

oh man, they didnt touch kitana frames thats just sad, she has some of the worst recovery and active frames in the game .... and they only buffed highborne(less played) like fan-fare is fine, even semiij dropped her

in the end if they just gave her a lazy B2 overhead i would accept it, i wouldnt like it, but it would be better than nothing, all she got is butt dmg lol