What's new

Kitana Patch Notes (v. 1.07)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
@DarksydeDash yeah but up above in the post, people are talking shit about the edenian razors. It is pretty legit broken right now. It does way too much chip, I dont think they thought about the chip damage when they gave her the two versions to make her plus frames consistent.
Referring to her as the “new Aquaman” is completely dramatic. One of Highborne’s weaknesses is the fact that she gets no midscreen damage.

Trying to sell people on the fact that it’s “broken” is completely ridiculous. I expect better from a former top player.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
How did it get nerfed? I never used highborn so I'm legit curious.
It’s nowhere near as safe as it used to be. It goes from -9 to +1 on block now. Can’t be +10 on block anymore

It used to be +32 on hit. You were guaranteed a mixup with hop attack or empty hop b3. Now it’s not even close to being that plus on hit.

If you AAd with d3, you were able to do b14 razors midscreen after and still convert. Now that knockback is too far

Corner combos are fucked because of the recovery of the razors. No more triple razors. This also messed with her sai throw oki

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Don't players say its best to stick to one main? What I heard anyways.
In Mortal Kombat, characters change from game to game. They rarely play the same, so you can't expect that, say, Kitana plays like she did in MKX or UMK3 etc. And as is shown, she clearly doesn't play like her past iterations in MK11.

Character loyalty is not necessarily a bad thing, if you can adjust to how the character's playstyle has changed from game to game - it's what I've done with Jade, but that's because I'm a shameless Jade fanboy. XD
I'm just lucky that I find Jade fun to play in every game she's been in.

Being a Tanya fan (just a wild guess), you should understand how it is not to have your fave character be in each game, which means you have to find a new character to main.

xKhaoTik

Did the buff after royal Protection always go away after you land a hit?

I never labbed it back then because of how bad it was but now I’m noticing that.

xWildx

In Mortal Kombat, characters change from game to game. They rarely play the same, so you can't expect that, say, Kitana plays like she did in MKX or UMK3 etc. And as is shown, she clearly doesn't play like her past iterations in MK11.

Character loyalty is not necessarily a bad thing, if you can adjust to how the character's playstyle has changed from game to game - it's what I've done with Jade, but that's because I'm a shameless Jade fanboy. XD
I'm just lucky that I find Jade fun to play in every game she's been in.

Being a Tanya fan (just a wild guess), you should understand how it is not to have your fave character be in each game, which means you have to find a new character to main.
While it’s true that MK characters change from game to game, their fundamental design generally stays pretty consistent.

You always have to fear the teleport when throwing a projectile against Scorpion. Trading with Sub-Zero is always dangerous in the zoning war. Sonya still has her mixups. Jax still has his pressure. Cassie still has her fantastic buttons. Jade still has range and projectile invincibility. Kitana still has her air-

And that’s where the issue is. They took away the fundamental core of what the character is.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

I like how they buffed Gutted to make it easier to combo from it. I mean, it’s not like it’s next to impossible to even get the damn requirement lol.

Also it was never hard to combo from it in the first place

Very sad about the changes. I watched Semij play one match with highborn against Sonic, and all he really did was end in Razors after most strings and after pokes.. That’s one of the only upside i can see with this variation. Other than that, she lost her corner damage/pressure so she really has no damage. As much as i believed that NRS taking this long to balance out the cast, I can tell they didn’t pay much attention to the legitimate issues characters like Kitana face in this meta.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I'll give NRS the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't intend to leave her hanging. The patch addressed a bunch of things people were begging for.

However there wasn't really a bunch of talk on Kitana. She didn't need to get nerfed like Erron and she wasn't dumpster fire tier like D'Vorah. Most of the characters who got bug buffs were so bad they weren't even on the select screen.

I know it sounds strange but i feel like she would've been better off being near unplayable these first few months. At least then she would've got some attention.

DarkSado

Noob
I'll give NRS the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't intend to leave her hanging. The patch addressed a bunch of things people were begging for.

However there wasn't really a bunch of talk on Kitana. She didn't need to get nerfed like Erron and she wasn't dumpster fire tier like D'Vorah. Most of the characters who got bug buffs were so bad they weren't even on the select screen.

I know it sounds strange but i feel like she would've been better off being near unplayable these first few months. At least then she would've got some attention.
Dude we been asking them to fix her up 2 and her ex fan to be a mid for the longest. NRS are bunch jackass seriously like WTF

djynn

hsu hao main
it wouldn't be a NRS balance patch if they didn't nuke a low tier character lmao
tbh i just wanted some plus frames and a bit of damage

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
omg....as if Kitana wasn't already at the bottom already. Her only option was to zone and nothing else already. ugh. and the highborn damage nerf. that was a dick move. that is already hard to time right anyway. ugh. oh well. guess the crown she wears really is heavy and the stress really never ends. and no doubt everyone will counterpick if you play her. oh well. c'est la vie. at least scorpion got toned down. and they probably want everyone to play as Sonya cuz of the big Rhona Rousy promotion. I guess. I'm going by though what everyone is saying on here. I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm decent with her so maybe I will like it. I don't know. not hearing good things though.

xWildx

Honestly, not even making her enhanced fan mid is complete slap in the fucking face. Like... who exactly is making these decisions?

Know1

Noob
omg....as if Kitana wasn't already at the bottom already. Her only option was to zone and nothing else already. ugh. and the highborn damage nerf. that was a dick move. that is already hard to time right anyway. ugh. oh well. guess the crown she wears really is heavy and the stress really never ends. and no doubt everyone will counterpick if you play her. oh well. c'est la vie. at least scorpion got toned down. and they probably want everyone to play as Sonya cuz of the big Rhona Rousy promotion. I guess. I'm going by though what everyone is saying on here. I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm decent with her so maybe I will like it. I don't know. not hearing good things though.
The damage nerf is very minimal. I can get 48% in both corners easy (2 KBs of course) and between 38-41 without the 2nd KB. What is more significant is the nerf to plus frame on blades. That I don’t like.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
She has been in the awkward middle since release. Not bad enough to get a good buff, too good to get nerfed to the ground. SHe's basically plain bread mid tier compared to Kabal, Jade & Skarlet.