What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Apparently not all of the balance changes have arrived on PC. If you go to the PC thread, you'll see people are noticing things that are not changed.
Oh okay. Good stuff. I was freaking out because this is literally the only thing I care about in the update lol. I was tired of walk up d2.

Oh okay. Good stuff. I was freaking out because this is literally the only thing I care about in the update lol. I was tired of walk up d2.
What I would do is test a few more things, and then open a Ticket up with WB Support to inform them that specific balance changes have not been ported over. For all we know, they don't know yet.

Okay, so after a few hours of labbing my different main's armour breakers, Kitana's is totally broken. LOL. Most people don't get the krushing blow element so they armor break with only around 20-25% damage. In fanfare you're either eating 28% or 50% and she doesn't even have to use meter like some of the other armour breakers. They are probably going end up nerfing this so she gets just the square wave damage.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Okay, so after a few hours of labbing my different main's armour breakers, Kitana's is totally broken. LOL. Most people don't get the krushing blow element so breaker with only around 20-25% damage. In fanfare you're either eating 28% or 50% and she doesn't even have to use meter like some of the other armour breakers. They are probably going end up nerfing this so she gets just the square wave damage.
She needs it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Okay, so after a few hours of labbing my different main's armour breakers, Kitana's is totally broken. LOL. Most people don't get the krushing blow element so they armor break with only around 20-25% damage. In fanfare you're either eating 28% or 50% and she doesn't even have to use meter like some of the other armour breakers. They are probably going end up nerfing this so she gets just the square wave damage.
It’s not broken at all tho lol and it only happens once. Leave her alone

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I mentioned before that 21222 does insane chip damage with the fanfare damage buff but that got ignored.

Now we have F2222 being safe and is the exact same thing but with an advancing mid. ABUSE THIS IF THEY BLOCK.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I really wish they would’ve put some pushback on Kitana’s F2222 now. It’s cool that it’s safe, but still, being -7 right up in someone’s face isn’t exactly where Kitana wants to be. And best believe, even if it has “insane” chip from her absorb, I’m still not putting myself in harm’s way just for 4% or so.

gitblame

Noob
To be honest, I was kinda salty when I first read the notes. I thought to myself - again Kitana got the buffs nobody asked for and nobody will find useful. But then I messed around with it for a while. F2222 has good advantage over F234 with no gap and not whiffing when first hit connects when someone jumps. F234 was whiffing sometimes exactly like B231 and Kitana got punished. It's always good to have a safe string to throw out in neutral. Also with Kitana flawless block U2 game, being -7 is not always that bad If we read what oponnent will do in response.

I already had Kitana as solid character, even in Fan-fare. Now Fan-fare got another safe string and really good armor breaker. I will call it good patch for her.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’m just gonna say. I think Kitana absolutely rapes Sheeva, specifically Highborn.

Teleport > Telestomp
Hop into ass > ground pound
Teleport > fireballs

Plus Kitana outranges her.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I’m just gonna say. I think Kitana absolutely rapes Sheeva, specifically Highborn.

Teleport > Telestomp
Hop into ass > ground pound
Teleport > fireballs

Plus Kitana outranges her.
I'll agree here. It's very easy to whiffpunish her.

dph1990

Noob
I know it’s probably a dumb question but I’ve googled and not found anything useful; there are some videos of her using the purple skin with the long hair on YouTube. Did I miss unlocking it?!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I know it’s probably a dumb question but I’ve googled and not found anything useful; there are some videos of her using the purple skin with the long hair on YouTube. Did I miss unlocking it?!
If you're talking about the one posted to the reddit, I believe that's a future KL skin that was patched in with Aftermath so the AI are able to use it.

wizgui

Noob
I've been googling that, it looks like going to be a real KL costume

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Sadly several skins that were shown off on youtube even before the KL that had the zombie Johnny, Sonya, Cassie, etc. on youtube have still yet to see the light of day. and that was a while back ago. which BTW, you rarely see a lot of people using many of these KL skins. at least i don't. I wish Kitana had the mask she used in story mode where the upper half is pulled down. IIRC it is when she fights Cassie in the beginning. I also hope we get the UMK3 skins for her, Jade, and Skarlet. Actually, i liked all her costumes in MKX as well and wouldn't mind them returning.

wizgui

Noob
I've been searching last year something about that skull mask pulled down, i would love playing with a revenant skin and that mask pulled down...

Last edited: