Some things coming for Patch

Patch notes

Subs double freeze gone
Air glitch gone
KL damage nerf
Overall tiny damagenerf
Sonya/Kabal blockfinites gone
Quan Chi rune trap gone
Cyrax command throw tech window larger (a glitch is fixed)
Cyrax command throw should give only a 50 50 on the unblockable after that (no details how yet)
Smoke throw OTG bomb gone
Can tech Scorps air throw
Kano F3 is low
Kano ball a lot safer on block
Sindel infinite gone
Kitana multiple fans combos gone (a glitch is fixed)
Kunglao multiple EX hats combos gone
No more getting hit by wakeups after Stryker's XR
Cyrax net scaling reset gone
Baraka gets a new midscreen launcher

Anyone know exactly what they mean by this? No continuation after ex fan dash forwards? No multiple normal fans in juggles combos? Either way this seems catastrophic....Unless it means something like...only 1 ex fan dash in a combo...I dont know how that would be implemented though.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
how do i learn the instant air fan? i get it out like 1/10. im using a normal ps3 controller. the input is u,d,f,1 right? or can u even do it from a long range?
The input is correct yes. The way I do it is in one quick movement, I don't even wait to see if she jumps. As soon as the up is tapped, I go straight into the d,f+1. I cant get it out consistantly but am getting there. And you should be able to do it from any range.

lobo

woof.
So I've been reading this in reguards to the upcomming patch

Some things coming for Patch

Patch notes

Subs double freeze gone
Air glitch gone
KL damage nerf
Overall tiny damagenerf
Sonya/Kabal blockfinites gone
Quan Chi rune trap gone
Cyrax command throw tech window larger (a glitch is fixed)
Cyrax command throw should give only a 50 50 on the unblockable after that (no details how yet)
Smoke throw OTG bomb gone
Can tech Scorps air throw
Kano F3 is low
Kano ball a lot safer on block
Sindel infinite gone
Kunglao multiple EX hats combos gone
No more getting hit by wakeups after Stryker's XR
Cyrax net scaling reset gone
Baraka gets a new midscreen launcher

Anyone know exactly what they mean by this? No continuation after ex fan dash forwards? No multiple normal fans in juggles combos? Either way this seems catastrophic....Unless it means something like...only 1 ex fan dash in a combo...I dont know how that would be implemented though.
source?

I think it means only 1 ex fan per combo. I think Tom Brady talked about it in the second episode tom "TSTB show" or however you abbreviate that. If you hit a second ex fan the opponent is probably just going to be knocked down before you can even recover.. If it would make her only capable of using one fan toss per combo that would seriously blow chunks.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Having only one ground fan and one air fan per combo will hurt her, but there are options and just changes to existing combos to make her damage remain nearly the same.

Her 51 turns into something like 47-49 instead, so no biggie.

EDIT: It seems that she is just losing her :en fan loops, so that doesn't really change her at all.

They talk about Kitana's nerf @ 1:22:50

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/285987360

lobo

woof.
my easy mash BnB f21, b2AF, ff, 3fan, f2cutter does 41%, works anywhere including corners, and won't be crippled. i'm happy.

i was wondering what were the best options after a blocked f+2,1? Kitana ends up right in my opponents face and I've heard people on the boards say that its safe but I'm not really sure what to do after. Blocking can get thrown, jumping can get stuffed...

I'm just kind of at a loss.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i was wondering what were the best options after a blocked f+2,1? Kitana ends up right in my opponents face and I've heard people on the boards say that its safe but I'm not really sure what to do after. Blocking can get thrown, jumping can get stuffed...

You guess. You can d+1, jump, block. You lose advantage. small risk for hella reward.

MKNoob

Noob
how do i learn the instant air fan? i get it out like 1/10. im using a normal ps3 controller. the input is u,d,f,1 right? or can u even do it from a long range?
I finally got some iAFs connecting in practice mode last night with the d-pad. The trick is to literally *half-press* up, then go right into df2. it's a very quick rocking motion where your thumb should just barely be on the up button.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast

Hi Chinese Dragon and welcome to Test Your Might!!!

Please check out the S1lent1 and Tom Brady show here:- www.justin.tv/s1lent1 and click on 'more videos' Here you can see the show and they talk about Kitana in this weeks show and he goes through what you can do after the f+2,1 ;) You might have to fast forward a bit (I think to about 1 hour in as they answer Kitana questions before breaking the character down)

Hope this helps man!!

Hi Chinese Dragon and welcome to Test Your Might!!!

Please check out the S1lent1 and Tom Brady show here:- www.justin.tv/s1lent1 and click on 'more videos' Here you can see the show and they talk about Kitana in this weeks show and he goes through what you can do after the f+2,1 ;) You might have to fast forward a bit (I think to about 1 hour in as they answer Kitana questions before breaking the character down)

Hope this helps man!!
I went to that link and could not find this video that you speak of? Instead I saw some people playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I am also curious as to what to do after a blocked f+2, 1. At the moment, when I play my friends I do d+1 after they block it. But, this doesn't seem to work against Kano ball because it's so fast (my friend uses Kano). Also, like the previous poster said, blocking can get thrown.

I believe Tom Brady also said that you risk being crosses up after f2, 1. Personally i think that that string should be used mainly to punish stuff, not for basic offense.

DrDogg

Noob
I believe Tom Brady also said that you risk being crosses up after f2, 1. Personally i think that that string should be used mainly to punish stuff, not for basic offense.
It's safe on block. There's no reason not to use it for basic offense. If it hits, you get 50%. If it's blocked, nothing is guaranteed.

Sleepy

Noob

Kitana's rush down is ridiculously good. To answer your question... After her forward 2,1, I recomend a down 1 straight into forward 2 initiating her fan slice instantly after her down 1. Also mix up the 2,1 with 2 down back 4 for to go directly into her special sweep. Once your opponent catches on to this, They will block low enabling you to hit them with her back 1,2 in which the second hit is an over head. The key to her rush down is mastering that down 1 straight into her fan slice, Pretty kicks, Or pretty kick sweep ( Forgot the name ). You can also use forward 2 directly into her specials along with back 1 directly into her specials. Also Back 1 then half circle that forward directly into the fan slice is another nice mix up.

It's safe on block. There's no reason not to use it for basic offense. If it hits, you get 50%. If it's blocked, nothing is guaranteed.
Well, i don't know but unless i missunderstood what i heard f2,1 should leave you at a disadvantage that allows the opponent a chance to cross you up. Not saying that it is unsafe, and i haven't actually tested it either so i really don't know. Another reason why i don't think it should be used for basic offense is because it is noticeably slower than for example jabs and brings little to no mixups to the table. There is nothing for the opponent to fear in it beyond damage, nothing anyone needs to consider, just block and thus i consider most of her other options more interesting. The string is obviously good, i just think that she has better mixup options.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You're at disadvantage but it can't be more then a few frames. they can try for a cross up but it's not a free cross up. There is no catch all answer to avoid all of their options but man, you can't do anything if being put into minor frame disadvantage scares you. It's not that slow, it cant be ducked and that and d+1 hit from hella far. You want them blocking in fear. I do f+2~cutter and f+2~fake kick sometimes too.

elPollo_Diablo

In The Lab
Kitana's rush down is ridiculously good. To answer your question... After her forward 2,1, I recomend a down 1 straight into forward 2 initiating her fan slice instantly after her down 1. Also mix up the 2,1 with 2 down back 4 for to go directly into her special sweep. Once your opponent catches on to this, They will block low enabling you to hit them with her back 1,2 in which the second hit is an over head. The key to her rush down is mastering that down 1 straight into her fan slice, Pretty kicks, Or pretty kick sweep ( Forgot the name ). You can also use forward 2 directly into her specials along with back 1 directly into her specials. Also Back 1 then half circle that forward directly into the fan slice is another nice mix up.
thats a great tip
I was looking for something along these lines for her inside pressure
just knowing this helps immensely
quick question.....does anyone know if her enhanced air dash immune to air projectiles?

You're at disadvantage but it can't be more then a few frames. they can try for a cross up but it's not a free cross up. There is no catch all answer to avoid all of their options but man, you can't do anything if being put into minor frame disadvantage scares you. It's not that slow, it cant be ducked and that and d+1 hit from hella far. You want them blocking in fear. I do f+2~cutter and f+2~fake kick sometimes too.
I'm not afraid of using it. As i went on to say, my main issue is that it isn't that great a tool for mixups. It has good range but is noticeably slower than her other punch combos (i know it's still not very slow) and as i said, it isn't that great a mixup tool since it is just a two hit string and there is only so much room for variation in it. It grants you alot of meterless damage on hit but so does f4 wich is less safe on startup but gives you way more options. F2,1 is good, but i prefer using other options most of the time.

What about if they are Kano and they block the f2,1? does the kano ball beat down 1?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
I went to that link and could not find this video that you speak of? Instead I saw some people playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I am also curious as to what to do after a blocked f+2, 1. At the moment, when I play my friends I do d+1 after they block it. But, this doesn't seem to work against Kano ball because it's so fast (my friend uses Kano). Also, like the previous poster said, blocking can get thrown.
Hi Mystery and Chinese Dragon, apologies about that. Here is the link to the show. There are some good bits of information in there. Hope you find this useful!! http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/286476444. This should take you to the actual video. The video is in 2 parts and you should see Part 2 in the upper right hand corner.