What's new

Strategy Kitana General discussion

aj1701

Noob
Yes, you have to dash. *edit* it depends how you do this though. If you don't dash after the njp, you need to dash after the 4 fan. If you dash after the njp, you can go straight from 4 fan to 4 or 2 lift, I believe.
That's what I thought. It seemed like some players didn't dash but I think is more that this isn't a full dash, you have to cancel it part way because full dash is too late... That about right?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
That's what I thought. It seemed like some players didn't dash but I think is more that this isn't a full dash, you have to cancel it part way because full dash is too late... That about right?
What you have to do is buffer the dash by inputting it while you're still in the previous move's animation (towards the end), rather than waiting for the animation to be over and then dashing. It just takes a little practice to get this down properly, but once you do it becomes second nature.

aj1701

Noob
What you have to do is buffer the dash by inputting it while you're still in the previous move's animation (towards the end), rather than waiting for the animation to be over and then dashing. It just takes a little practice to get this down properly, but once you do it becomes second nature.
Oh ok I hadn't thought of that, I'll give it a shot, thanks!

I've recently started using Instant Ass a lot more.

It is so good.

They can not poke to lower their hitbox, to my knowledge, it still hits them.
Good mixup when you are zoning. I like it

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Does anyone know what the deal is with instant ass that makes it *not* hit an opponent? This happens a lot to me with Reptile and Smoke. She'll just glide the opponent across the screen but she'll never actually make contact, then get d1~smokebombed or dashed.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Does anyone know what the deal is with instant ass that makes it *not* hit an opponent? This happens a lot to me with Reptile and Smoke. She'll just glide the opponent across the screen but she'll never actually make contact, then get d1~smokebombed or dashed.
Typically, this happens when they are getting up from being knocked down. You do the move low enough that it connects with their hitbox, but at the time they do not have a hurtbox.

This is easily done in training mode where you end a combo with cutter then jump forward and do the ass on the way down.

First time I saw this, I didn't know what the hell happened lol ... this happens with Mileena's roll in MK2 and UMK3 but nobody knows why even to this day.

xKhaoTikx Mr. Mileena rev0lver
Can you do the instant air ass low enough to hit them crouching w/o blocking? I've never been able to do this without doing it on the way down from a jump.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Can you do the instant air ass low enough to hit them crouching w/o blocking? I've never been able to do this without doing it on the way down from a jump.
I don't think I've ever been able to do this via instant ass. Only the same way you describe.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Typically, this happens when they are getting up from being knocked down. You do the move low enough that it connects with their hitbox, but at the time they do not have a hurtbox.

This is easily done in training mode where you end a combo with cutter then jump forward and do the ass on the way down.

First time I saw this, I didn't know what the hell happened lol ... this happens with Mileena's roll in MK2 and UMK3 but nobody knows why even to this day.

Yea I can do it. I usually do it during the start of the match and it'll hit crouching opponents who aren't blocking. I do it the same way i do an iaf, but in the mmotion of Ass. (U, D, B +1 really fast lol)

yes i can, it isn't consistent though. However, i find straight up (jump motion) into df is easier than doing a half circle movement. It's weird. But i feel we NEED to incorporate this in our game more.

The fact it hits them when poking to lower their hitbox is really good. If it whiffs, well, most of the times she will be a far distance on them, unless it whiffed from full screen.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
yes i can, it isn't consistent though. However, i find straight up (jump motion) into df is easier than doing a half circle movement. It's weird. But i feel we NEED to incorporate this in our game more.

The fact it hits them when poking to lower their hitbox is really good. If it whiffs, well, most of the times she will be a far distance on them, unless it whiffed from full screen.
I was talking to lulzlou about this tonight and he was able to get it consistently with a hitbox even on a crouching mileena. This could be hella good if you get it consistently especially to catch people dash d3'ing while zoning. Sends them back fullscreen and they have to go through it all over again. If they know to look for it they can probably block on reaction but LBSH they will probably eat it if they don't know of the option.

And I think you guys are right about the air motion for this. I believe Konqrr posted something a while back that showed fans come out slightly faster on neutral jumps, but it was never a big deal because fans will hit either way.

aj1701

Noob
And I think you guys are right about the air motion for this. I believe Konqrr posted something a while back that showed fans come out slightly faster on neutral jumps, but it was never a big deal because fans will hit either way.
Is it faster even with the delay you get by doing a neutral jump?

I was talking to lulzlou about this tonight and he was able to get it consistently with a hitbox even on a crouching mileena. This could be hella good if you get it consistently especially to catch people dash d3'ing while zoning. Sends them back fullscreen and they have to go through it all over again. If they know to look for it they can probably block on reaction but LBSH they will probably eat it if they don't know of the option.

Kitana is Kenshi now ;__;

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yea usually I can do it consistently. There's times when I notice that the foe is kinda low to the ground so I'll just do 2 fan 2 cutter instead (or ex lift if I have meter to spare)
Are you sure about this? I was testing this today and I wasn't able to get the lift even once with the jp's pushback no matter how many times I tried to switch up hitting them at different heights.

Why All Top Kitana Player (16-bit, crazy dominician) use EXdf1 if 2 1 hit??? It is very bad option!

Need use Fun lift! Why?:
1) It is easy hitdetect!
2) Not lose bar!
3) If opponent have breaker - it is normal unbreakble damage:
- dash, df1, instant df1, df1
and continue in normal (breakble combo).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
lol I smiled when I finally got thru reading that. What an obstacle.

But I see where you are coming from. There are some matches in where she doesn't need to do 21 ex fan ttoss, but have you compared the damage between 21 lift bnb and 21 ex fan toss bnb?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Why All Top Kitana Player (16-bit, crazy dominician) use EXdf1 if 2 1 hit??? It is very bad option!

Need use Fun lift! Why?:
1) It is easy hitdetect!
2) Not lose bar!
3) If opponent have breaker - it is normal unbreakble damage:
- dash, df1, instant df1, df1
and continue in normal (breakble combo).
LMAO wtf did i just read

wait maybe youre serious

If the opponent is nearing breaker or has a breaker, fan lift is a good option. But otherwise you're just sacrificing a bar for an extra 10-15% worth of damage, which you can build back pretty quickly in most matchups.

I'm stealing the term "fun lift" though.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
LMAO wtf did i just read

wait maybe youre serious

If the opponent is nearing breaker or has a breaker, fan lift is a good option. But otherwise you're just sacrificing a bar for an extra 10-15% worth of damage, which you can build back pretty quickly in most matchups.

I'm stealing the term "fun lift" though.
Fun Lift is definitely the new name

Ginchy Chris

Super Chef
I'm with Kai; I always hit-confirm "2,1" into lift. Sure, it's more damage with the charged fan, but unless it will win the round, or I nearly have an x-ray, I tend to opt for the lift. She can do such high damage without meter that I try to save meter for breakers, although, if I have near an x-ray, I.ll throw a naked charged fan sometimes.

My bnb off of 2,1:
2,1, lift. Dash, dash, njp, dash, b2~air fan, dash, ground fan, dash, 2~fan, dash, 2~cutter.

It comes out to 37%, I think.

Im sure someone has a more damaging meterless 2,1 kombo. . .So post it, so I can steal it. :)