What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
im hoping they make the parry and reflect startup faster, would like to be able to use parry as a wakeup without it getting blown up and would be able to reflect projectiles on reaction rather than guessing.

RexxyC

what's done is done
I personally wouldn't mind f22u3 being overhead. Would actually give her an option to open people up and the animation lends to being an overhead well to begin with.

I actually think f2 as an overhead wouldn't be so bad, at least for the assassin variation. I remember when they first introduced kitana in the stream, they stated her assassin variation would be more of a "rushdown" style, and I remember thinking to myself "oh nice, i guess maybe she'll have mixups" and I wouldn't have to play her as more of a zoner, which is what i thought the RS variation would cater to, given that it has reflect/fan lift projectile/means of escaping corner w squareboost.

Even if f2 would become an overhead, I don't think it would be that much of a saving grace, at least in the close quarters department.

Last edited:

RexxyC

what's done is done
I actually think f2 as an overhead wouldn't so bad, at least for the assassin variation. I remember when they first introduced kitana in the stream they stated her assassin variation would be more of a "rushdown" style, and I remember thinking to myself "oh nice, i guess maybe she'll have mixups" and I wouldn't have to play her as more of zoner, which is what i thought the RS variation would cater to, given that it has reflect/fan lift projectile/means of escaping corner w squareboost.

Even if f2 would become an overhead, I don't think it would be that much of a saving grace, at least in the close quarters department.
I think it would help a ton, it would give us something to work with. I'm sticking by my girl, but she needs a buff.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Hi guys. I don't know where to put the picture, so i ll just put it here.
I got a question of course. Has the j2 normal hitbox or not?

Do you know what would be great? bf+3 as an overhead so b+1,4,3 would be an amazing string.
F2 should be an overhead, the second hit of F11 should be overhead and D4 needs to lead into a string so we have two low options. Those alone plus her zoning would make her better.

I feel that's balanced enough. F2 is slow, the second hit of F11 is also animated as an overhead like attack and is in the middle of a string just like b14 and D4 hits far but should be able to string into something just so she's not so gimped. It never made sense to me as to why you can't cancel pokes into specials and get a combo

Last edited:

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I wouldn't want f2 to be an overhead. It would just make her like every other character where she becomes more 50/50 oriented. I like her unique spacing and zoning playstyle. Her singular b4 and b2 low/overhead knockdowns are enough for me for minor mixups.

While I'm doing very well against most of the cast online, I'm having a lot of trouble against inferno Scorpion and grandmaster Sub Zero. But I guess that could be said for most other characters as well. Overall I don't think Kitana is as bad as ppl think. She just plays in a way that is less obvious how effective it is. But she definitely has some bad matchups.

Has anybody else been having troubles jumping in on ducked opponents? When I jump in with Sonya or D'Vorah I can connect a punch and kick almost all the time. However, with Kitana it almost always misses and I get hit by an uppercut... like 99% of the time. So I end up having to run in and B2 or throw. Feedback?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Has anybody else been having troubles jumping in on ducked opponents? When I jump in with Sonya or D'Vorah I can connect a punch and kick almost all the time. However, with Kitana it almost always misses and I get hit by an uppercut... like 99% of the time. So I end up having to run in and B2 or throw. Feedback?

Yeah, that's just the way her jump in punches are. They're good for crossups but not jump ins. If the opponent is ducking you pretty much can't connect a jump in unless it's very far range and deep. Even then if they have a good low poke that can low profile it's extremely difficult to land a jump in punch. It's a problem everyone will have to deal with as more people learn the match up.

You're doing the right thing. If they're sitting there looking for jump ins run up and throw.

Well that stinks! Her overhead game is so weak!!!

Yeah, that's just the way her jump in punches are. They're good for crossups but not jump ins. If the opponent is ducking you pretty much can't connect a jump in unless it's very far range and deep. Even then if they have a good low poke that can low profile it's extremely difficult to land a jump in punch. It's a problem everyone will have to deal with as more people learn the match up.

You're doing the right thing. If they're sitting there looking for jump ins run up and throw.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It has never been, nor will it ever be, about making her a 50/50 character.

She has strong punishes and irritating zoning tools, but what she needs is a semi-fast, mid hitting, advancing normal that leaves her safe on block.... like everyone else in the cast has. Playing footsies with her full combo punishable Throat Slice just doesn't cut it (no pun intended). That, and a parry speed buff would be nice. Not to mention her X-Ray and parry on hit properties being fixed so we don't get punished for LANDING an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.